Using the American nurses association position statement, recommendations for improvement in end of life management focuses on practice, education, research and administration. Listed below are steps that nurses can take to overcome barriers in healthcareChoose 1 focal point from each subcategory of practice, education, research and administration and describe how the APRN can provide effective care in end of life management. Using the American nurses association position statement, recommendations for improvement in end of life management focuses on practice, education, research and administration. Listed below are steps that nurses can take to overcome barriers in healthcare practice. Practice 1. Strive to attain a standard of primary palliative care so that all health care providers have basic knowledge of palliative nursing to improve the care of patients and families. 2. All nurses will have basic skills in recognizing and managing symptoms, including pain, dyspnea, nausea, constipation, and others. 3. Nurses will be comfortable having discussions about death, and will collaborate with the care teams to ensure that patients and families have current and accurate information about the possibility or probability of a patient’s impending death. 4. Encourage patient and family participation in health care decision-making, including the use of advance directives in which both patient preferences and surrogates are identified. Education 1. Those who practice in secondary or tertiary palliative care will have specialist education and certification. 2. Institutions and schools of nursing will integrate precepts of primary palliative care into curricula. 3. Basic and specialist End-of-Life Nursing Education Consortium (ELNEC) resources will be available. 4. Advocate for additional education in academic programs and work settings related to palliative care, including symptom management, supported decision-making, and end-of-life care, focusing on patients and families. Research 1. Increase the integration of evidence-based care across the dimensions of end-of-life care. 2. Develop best practices for quality care across the dimensions of end-of-life care, including the physical, psychological, spiritual, and interpersonal. 3. Support the use of evidence-based and ethical care, and support decision-making for care at the end of life. 4. Develop best practices to measure the quality and effectiveness of the counseling and interdisciplinary care patients and families receive regarding end-of-life decision-making and treatments. 5. Support research that examines the relationship of patient and family satisfaction and their utilization of health care resources in end-of-life care choices. Administration 1. Promote work environments in which the standards for excellent care extend through the patient’s death and into post-death care for families. 2. Encourage facilities and institutions to support the clinical competence and professional development that will help nurses provide excellent, dignified, and compassionate end-of-life care. 3. Work toward a standard of palliative care available to patients and families from the time of diagnosis of a serious illness or an injury. 4. Support the development and integration of palliative care services for all in- and outpatients and their families.
Using the American nurses association position statement, recommendations for improvement in end of life management focuses on practice, education, research and administration. Listed below are steps that nurses can take to overcome barriers in healthcare is rated 4.8/5 based on 320 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »DEVELOPING A SHARED VISION
- »Nursing Assessment
- »Assignment : Case Study Assignment: Assessing Neurological.
- »Benchmark - Policy Brief
- »Health Care Delivery
- »Describe the importance of a focus on health promotion.
- »Discussion: Applying Florence Nightingale’s Theory to Your Life.
- »Policy Brief The benchmark assesses the following competencies
- »In the video, philosophers applied the three major philosophical principles you learned in this class: Kant's Categorical Imperative, Utilitarianism, and Virtue Ethics
- »Explain the type of work setting you are discussing and whether interprofessional teams are currently present.
- »Outline the process for the development of nursing standards of practice for Illinois state, including discussion of the entities involved in developing the standards of practice and how the standards of practice influence the nursing process for you
- »Written Assignment - Seizures
- »As An Emerging Health Care Leader, The Senior Management Has Requested That You Independently Research And Explore One Of The Economic Opportunities That May Be Available In Your Care Setting. This May Be Offering A New Service Line, Working To Improve A
- »Practicum Journal: Safe Prescribing
- »Health Policy Change
- »Health Policy Group Project
- »How might the material covered in this course affect the way in which you respond to these concerns?
- »Annotated Bibliography and Source Evaluation
- »Clinical Decision Case
- »Select An Ethical Dilemma Related To Health Policy From The Categories Of Moral Values, Professional Regulation, Health Of Individuals In Society, Or Distributive Justice. What Are The Controversies Surrounding This Issue?
- »Evaluating Organizational Change
- »Scholarly Activities
- »Quality Improvement and Patient Safety Initiatives
- »What is Confirmatory Data Analysis? Explain how it is Used in Confirmatory and Exploratory Data Analysis
- »Interprofessional Organanizational And Systems Leadership
- »Evidence-Based Practice Guideline
- »Experimental research involves a variable that can be manipulated. With this type of experiment, participants can be randomly assigned to either the control group or treatment group. It often demonstrate a cause-and-effect relationship
- »Overview of Compliance Plans
- »Communicate therapeutically with patients
- »Assessment Context
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed