The Influence Of Mission & Vision On PlanningPost a comparison of the mission and vision statements of the three organizations selected. Explain how specific elements of each organization’s mission and vision statements might inform planning in that organization. Include references/links for the organizations’ mission and vision statements in your post. The mission statement . . . influences the development of an organization’s philosophy, goals, objectives, policies, procedures, and rules. An organization will never be greater than the vision that guides it. —Bessie L. Marquis and Carol J. Huston, Leadership Roles and Management Functions in Nursing: Theory and Application Mission and vision statements articulate an organization’s core purpose and future aims. Well-crafted statements can stand the test of time, even as the environment changes and new priorities emerge. On the other hand, some adjustments may be needed if and when an organization undergoes foundational transformation. Consider the following mission statement: “Kaiser Permanente exists to provide affordable, high quality healthcare services to improve the health of our members and the communities we serve” (Kaiser Permanente, n.d.). Think about the current health care environment and the types of internal and external changes that could affect the utility and appropriateness of this statement. Under what circumstances should an organization such as this one contemplate revising its mission? As a nurse leader-manager, it is critical to realize the important role of mission and vision statements in guiding an organization. In the first week of this course, you examined the planning hierarchy. This week, you consider mission and vision statements, which are at the top of the planning hierarchy because of the significant influence they exert on an organization. You practice the skills needed to craft appropriate mission and vision statements, and you consider how to develop these for maximum impact that reaches beyond the stated words to influence the plans and decisions made throughout an organization or system. Note: Over the next few weeks you will be engaging in small group discussions. These are meant to provide you with the opportunity to deeply explore the foundational concepts being presented. Much of the work you engage in moving forward will hinge upon your understanding of these concepts, hence, the small group opportunity to discuss and share. Learning Objectives Students will: · Analyze the relationship of mission and vision statements to the planning hierarchy within organizations · Analyze the process of developing mission and vision statements · Evaluate mission and vision statements Photo Credit: Nicolevanf/RooM/Getty Images
The Influence Of Mission & Vision On Planning is rated 4.8/5 based on 796 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »Data Analysis And Results
- »Create a one-page patient education tool that explains usage of a medication and factors that can affect outcomes
- »Defining Quality
- »Discuss The Difference Between An Exploratory Analysis And A Confirmatory
- »Understanding Electronic Orders and Creating Problem Lists
- »Discuss the concept of life review. What are the goals and benefits of a life review? How is life review similar and different than ordinary remembering?
- »Quantitative and Qualitative Research Critique
- »Statistical Analysis Report
- »The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down
- »What are the roles of the following groups in the health care value improvement process: boards of directors, senior leaders, physicians, employees, and payers?
- »Group Presentation
- »Environmental Factors And Health Promotion: Accident Prevention And Safety Promotion For Parents And Caregivers Of Infants
- »Case Study Assignment: Assessing Neurological.
- »Respond on two different days by making recommendations for how they might strengthen the leadership behaviors profiled in their CliftonStrengths Assessment, or by commenting on lessons to be learned from the results that can be applied to personal leader
- »Discuss Forms And Family Funcions
- »Jurisdictions Represented and Participating in the Charleston Regional Hazard Mitigation Plan
- »Exploring the Theory of Integral Nursing with Implications for Pain Management Practice
- »Identify industries outside of health care that have deployed innovative management techniques, operational practices, or technology to improve their workforce
- »consider the concept of interprofessional teamwork and patient outcomes
- »Describe the communicable disease (causes, symptoms, mode of transmission, complications, treatment) and the demographic of interest (mortality, morbidity, incidence, and prevalence). Is this a reportable disease?
- »Assignment- Care Plan
- »Explain How A Bill Becomes A Law
- »DIABETES IN HOME HEALTH
- »Worldview Analysis And Personal Inventory
- »Physical Examination
- »Levy Family Episode 1 Program Transcript
- »Developing An Organizational Philosophy And Mission Statement
- »Health Organization Evaluation
- »- Data Privacy And Security Discussion
- »Scholarly Product Development
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed