Systematic Reviews: Searching and Analysis of the LiteratureThis Assignment expands upon the work you have been conducting for this week’s Discussion.) you will conduct a search for literature on your selected practice problem. A Literature Review Matrix template will be used to identify gaps in the literature. To prepare: Consider the practice problem you addressed in this week’s Discussion. (You may select a new issue if necessary, but it is not recommended): Practice problem chosen: Health literacy and self-care activities, self-efficacy, and health related outcome of patients with type 2 Diabetes. Review the guidelines in the Literature Review Matrix, included in the Learning Resources. Formulate a research question around your issue as indicated in Part I. Then complete Part II of the Matrix, identifying the resources you will use, search terms and criteria, and Boolean search strings. Using the Walden Library, locate 10 articles related to your research question. At least one article must be a systematic review. All of the articles should be primary sources. NOTE: If appropriate, you may use the four articles you reviewed for this week’s Discussion. Actual Assignment: Complete Part I and Part II of the Literature Review Matrix template. Begin working on Part III. Review Part III of the Literature Review Matrix and notice which middle range theories were used most frequently in the articles you reviewed. Consider the appropriate use of the theoretical frameworks in each article. Review the information on empiricism presented in Chapter 1 of Theoretical Basis for Nursing and Chapter 6 in The Practice of Nursing Research: Appraisal, Synthesis, and Generation of Evidence as you consider your response to Part IV. Complete Part III of the Literature Review Matrix. In your analysis of the strengths and weaknesses of the existing literature, note the appropriate use of the theoretical frameworks. Complete Part IV addressing the influence of empiricism on quantitative methodology. REFERENCES McEwin, M., & Wills, E.M. (2014). Theoretical basis for nursing. (4th ed.). Philadelphia, PA: Wolters Kluwer Health. Chapter 10, "Introduction to Middle Range Nursing Theories" Chapter 11, "Overview of Selected Middle Range Nursing Theories" Gray, J.R., Grove, S.K., & Sutherland, S. (2017). Burns and Grove’s the practice of nursing research: Appraisal, synthesis, and generation of evidence (8th ed.). St. Louis, MO: Saunders Elsevier. Chapter 3, "Introduction to Quantitative Research" Chapter 4, "Introduction to Qualitative Research" Chapter 6 guides nurses through the process of identifying research objectives, developing research questions, and creating research hypotheses. Chapter 7 examines the process of preparing for a literature review to support research efforts. Chapter 13, "Outcomes Research" Moran, K., Burson, R., & Conrad, D. (2017). The doctor of nursing practice scholarly project: A framework for success (2nd ed.). Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett Learning. Review Chapter 6, "Developing the Scholarly Project" Armola, R., Bourgault, A., Halm, M., Board, R., Bucher, L., Harrington, L., & ... Medina, J. (2009). AACN levels of evidence: What's new? Critical Care Nurse, 29(4), 70–73. doi: 10.4037/ccn2009969 Elkins, M. Y. (2010). Using PICO and the brief report to answer clinical questions. Nursing, 40(4), 59–60. doi: 10.1097/01.NURSE.0000369871.07714.39 Fawcett, J., & Garity, J. (2009). Chapter 6: Evaluation of middle-range theories. Evaluating Research for Evidence-Based Nursing. Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: F. A. Davis. DeSanto-Madeya, S., & Fawcett, J. (2009). Toward Understanding and Measuring Adaptation Level in the Context of the Roy Adaptation Model. Nursing Science Quarterly, 22(4), 355–359. Fineout-Overholt, E., Melnyk, B., Stillwell, S., & Williamson, K. (2010). Critical appraisal of the evidence: Part I an introduction to gathering, evaluating, and recording the evidence... fifth in a series. American Journal of Nursing, 110(7), 47–52. doi: 10.1097/01.NAJ.0000383935.22721.9c Fineout-Overholt, E., Melnyk, B., Stillwell, S., & Williamson, K. (2010). Critical appraisal of the evidence: Part III the process of synthesis: Seeing similarities and differences across the body of evidence. American Journal of Nursing, 110(11), 43–51. doi: 10.1097/01.NAJ.0000390523.99066.b5
Systematic Reviews: Searching and Analysis of the Literature is rated 4.8/5 based on 3 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »Critique Template for a Quantitative Study
- »Pediatrician has ordered physical therapy for the palsy and the doctor expects routine care
- »Epidemiology Paper
- »Discuss how research and EBP are different; include how you believe research supports EBP for nursing
- »We Need A Faxing Policy
- »Health Organization Case Study Paper
- »Assignment - Pay For Performance
- »Good public health program planners are able to clearly describe, descriptively and/or analytically, the priority population and use that information to guide them when developing an intervention (activity) to address the specific problem
- »Discuss the importance of effective communication in the personal relationship, the therapeutic relationship, and the relationship within the interprofessional health-care team
- »identify your strengths and weaknesses related to the four content areas below: Personal and professional accountability Career planning Personal journey disciplines Reflective practice reference behaviors/tenets
- »Literature Review: The Use of Clinical Systems to Improve Outcomes and Efficiencies Question.
- »· Review the patient intake documentation, psychiatric history, patient file, medication history, etc. As you progress through each section, formulate a list of questions that you might ask the patient if he or she were in your office.
- »What is sampling theory? Describe it and provide examples to illustrate your definition. Discuss generalizability as it applies to nursing research
- »The Four General Education Lenses
- »Develop cooperative relationships with clients when teaching concepts concerning pathological states to individuals and families
- »Discussion: The Inclusion of Nurses in the Systems Development Life Cycle
- »Assignment: Health Promotion Chronic And Acute
- »Diagnoses Case Study
- »Observe staff in delivery of nursing care provided. Practice settings may vary depending on availability.
- »Communicate effectively with culturally diverse individuals, families, and organizations
- »Family Health Assessment
- »Demographics, life time education and career/employment
- »Assignment Eliminating Barriers Within Communities in the United States
- »Vaginal Bleeding in pregnancy
- »Assignment: Quantitative Research
- »advocate for patients and effective programs and polices than nurses? Already patient advocates in interactions with doctors and leadership, why not with government and regulatory agencies?
- »Maternal Initial
- »Example Of Reflective Writing In A Healthcare Assignment
- »Case Study: End of Life Decisions
- »Electronic Orders and Creating Problem Lists
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed