According to SARH (2019), “San Antonio Regional Hospital is an outstanding critical guidance hospital that offers medical care for patients throughout the Inland Empire district. The hospital offers medical, surgical, and obstetrical services; services that include vascular, neurosurgery, urgent care, and open heart. This hospital helps over two hundred thousand individuals every year, this is the busiest paramedic receiving center in San Bernardino District. San Antonio Regional hospital has a reputation and history for having quality care with a personal touch. San Antonio offers suitable medical services through an additional three medical plazas expanding care even more throughout these areas.I focused my Gemba Walk on our Registration Department and Emergency Department, focusing on John Doe patients’ medical records merging together. We had a patient that came in unresponsive, no identification, no family members found on the street that had to be transferred by life flight. Luckily this does not happen often at our facility that we are unable to identify a patient before we discharge or transfer them out. We needed to find a way to keep unidentified patient record separated from each other. This also brought up question if more than one John Doe patient came in on one specific day, we couldn't just use the date as an identifier, which is what we have done in the past. Once these problems were identified and discussed the meeting was called for all the departments involved in admission and care dealing with the identified patient and coming up with a new system. The collaboration of the team of the emergency room, medical records, and patient access came up with a new system consisted of coming up with alias name and using the date of service as the birth date. We decided that keeping Doe as the last name and adding alphabet letter to the first name Jane or John. example: Doe, AJohn/Doe, AJane - date of birth 02/01/2019, and once the alphabet has been completed adding a second letter. Example: Doe, AAJohn/Doe, AAJane and so forth. This will allow the names to stay together in our system and allow the registrars to see the last one used, eliminating a paper trail to refer to. We thought about using numbers with the name but with our system it does not allow us to add numbers within the name. When the patient is transferred a patient face sheet with demographics will go with the patient and the receiving hospital has our information to call/fax us any updated information on the patient the find and allow us to then go back in to that patient's chart and update to the correct name and date of birth. We are now in the process of writing up the new policy for not only our hospital but also our sister hospitals. The transition to the new process should have little resistance and will be simple to use resulting in less confusion for all involved, patient, admission, medical records and Emergency Staff. This is a simple but effective method for a rapid assignment of a unique alias for unknown patients.
SBAR Proposal is rated 4.8/5 based on 445 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »Medical Errors: An Ongoing Threat to Quality Health Care
- »The Patient Self-Determination Act (PSDA) Was Implemented To Allow Patients To State
- »Evidence-Based Practice Change Process
- »Describe the diagnosis and staging of cancer.
- »Organizational Risk Management Interview
- »Pediatric Bipolar Depression Disorder Debate
- »INTRODUCTION TO THE U.S. HEALTH CARE DELIVERY SYSTEM Case Assignment
- »VISUAL TEACHING
- »Article Summary And Application To Nursing Practice
- »Imperfect Solutions to Increasing Access to Health Care?
- »Advanced Pharmacology - Asthma and Stepwise Management
- »Riverbend City TOWS Matrix
- »Design a pamphlet for women regarding health assessment and screening methods
- »Assignment - Company Analysis
- »NURSING ENTRANCE ESSAY
- »Agenda Setting
- »· Explain any legal and/or ethical implications related to counseling each client.
- »Identifying A Researchable Problem
- »Past Medical/Surgical History
- »Elderly Adult Assessment
- »Analyze And Describe How The Activities Within Each Department At A Hospital Impact Reimbursement. Choose Three Procedures And Explain Each Step Of A Patient Visit For Each Of These Three Procedures.
- »Significant Contributions to Public Health
- »Illness & Disease Management
- »How often do you engage with or witness death in your work? How has this experience or the lack of it shaped your view of death?
- »Health policy unfolds daily and drives clinical practice in the US. The student will investigate current policies or legislation underway for a specific health-related issue
- »Ethical Dilemma in the nursing field
- »Assessment Health Screening
- »Health Care Reform
- »When tissue is injured, due to overuse or strain, nerve cells send pain messages through the spinal cord to the brain. Other nerves send messages from the brain to tighten the muscles in the injured area. While the muscle tightness acts as a way to protec
- »Physical Environment
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed