Research Article AppraisalInstructions: A major skill that is learned in this course is how to critically read and appraise nursing research articles. The purpose for appraising an article is to evaluate the research process followed by the author(s) of the assigned article. This information-intensive, time-intensive process is not learned overnight. To demonstrate your skill at appraising an article, you will complete this open-book short answer assignment. Here's how you should approach completing this week’s assignment to begin appraising an article: 1. First, do your assigned reading in Gray, Grove, & Sutherland (2017). This will introduce you to the skills you will need for the week. 2. Skim the entire instructor assigned research article that has been posted on Blackboard for you so that you will have an idea of what it is about. Then, for this week, re-read carefully the introduction / literature review /theoretical framework and methods sections of the article again. 3. Print the Research Article Appraisal, Part One Assignment and find the best answer to each question based on your Gray, Grove, & Sutherland (2017) assigned reading for the week and on what you have read in the instructor assigned research article. 4. Some of the questions in the appraisal assignment below will seem unfamiliar to you. Look up key terms from the question in your textbook. Some examples of these terms might be: problem statements, hypotheses, or variables. You can also look in Chapter 18 for an example of a critical appraisal (or critique) of a quantitative research article. 5. Download the Assignment so you can type in your answers. Once completed, upload your Assignment to the assignment link above by the time and date listed on the Course Schedule. Be thoughtful and review the information that has been given to you to complete this assignment. 6. APA will only apply to quotations and citations in the assignment as directed. Again, do not use quotations unless directed in the assignment. If you have questions about this assignment, you can post them to the Coach Group discussion board for help. Please do not ask the group for the answer as this would constitute academic dishonesty.
Research Article Appraisal is rated 4.8/5 based on 74 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »WORKPLACE VIOLENCE IN HEALTHCARE
- »Complete the Risk Control Self-Assessment Checklist for Nurse Practitioners
- »Assignment Description Physical Activity Resource Guide
- »discusses an ethical health promotion-related issue
- »Describe the molecular mechanism of the development of ketoacidosis
- »The Role Of Advanced Practice Nursing In Safe Prescribing
- »Reflective Journal on how the attached clinical scenario enhanced your understanding of important communication techniques and what would be incorporated into your individual communication style to improve the nurse-patient/family relationship.
- »DERMATOLOGY CASE STUDY
- »It is necessary for an RN-BSN-prepared nurse to demonstrate an enhanced understanding of the pathophysiological processes of disease, the clinical manifestations and treatment protocols, and how they affect clients across the life span.
- »Find An Article On A Societal Factor That Is Affecting Nursing/Patient Education Curriculum
- »Where in the World Is Evidence-Based Practice?
- »Problem With Payment Structures In Health Care Industry
- »Conflict Resolution
- »Pathophysiology Of Alzheimer Disease
- »make a recommendation to finance an EHR system
- »Cultural Diversity in the Health Care Workforce
- »Assessing And Treating Clients With Dementia
- »The Pathophysiology Of Disorders
- »Lab Assignment
- »Case Discussion: Pulmonary
- »Advocating For New Practice Approaches Through Policy
- »Systems Development Life Cycle: Nursing Informatics and Organizational Decision Making
- »Using Evidence-Based Practice To Improve Patient Care
- »Discussion: Health Care Policy
- »A number of medical centers around the United States now offer "finders' fees" to physicians for referring patients to researchers who are conducting trials of new drug therapies, the side effects of which are not yet known
- »Describes how alignment between the values of an organization and the values of the nurse impact nurse engagement and patient outcomes
- »What are some steps the medical office administrator can take to record the completed transactions and address any outstanding problems? When are claim inquiries made?
- »Professionalism And Social Media
- »Qualitative Research Critique! Please use article - False Alarms and Overmonitoring : Major Factors in Alarm Fatigue Among Labor Nurses
- »Maternal Response
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed