Refinement of a Nursing Concern into an Evidence-based Practice Proposal Using the Research Process
PurposeThis assignment provides the opportunity for the student to continue work on a previously identified area or phenomenon of interest related to their MSN specialty track. Week Two’s assignment builds upon the identified area of interest by developing an overview of the evidence-based practice (EBP) project and the PCIOT/PICo question. This assignment initiates the evidence-based practice proposal that is continued throughout the entire course with each assignment adding components of the research process.
Course OutcomesThis assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes: CO#1 Integrate evidence-based practice and research to support advancement of holistic nursing care in diverse healthcare settings. PO 1 CO#2 Integrate knowledge related to evidence-based practice and person-centered care to improve healthcare outcomes. PO 2, 5 CO#4 Develop knowledge related to research and evidence-based practice as a basis for designing and critiquing research studies. PO 1, 2, 3, 5
RequirementsDescription of the Assignment This assignment builds on the identification of a nursing concern from NR 500 and the application of a nursing theory to the selected concern from NR 501. For this course, the selected concern and nursing theory then serve as a foundation to the identification of PICOT/PICo. Identification of the literature search strategy is also required. The purpose of the MSN project proposal is to translate evidence currently found in the literature into practice within the chosen specialty track. Due to the research complexity, time involvement, and implications regarding human subjects, drug studies are not acceptable areas of interest for a MSN project. Criteria for Content 1. Overview of Selected Evidenced-based Practice Project: This section provides a foundation to the MSN EBP scholarly project. It should contain the following elements: · Explain the relationship between research and evidenced-based practice (EBP) · Distinguish how EBP is different from research · Explain the contribution of EBP to professional nursing · Identify your MSN Program Specialty Track and practice focus · Explain how EBP promotes change within your future practice setting 2. Identification of the Nursing Concern to be Improved: This section provides a comprehensive discussion of the selected nursing concern. It should contain the following elements: · Explain the selected nursing concern in detail · Identify how frequently the selected concern occurs within your specialty track setting · Identify the stakeholders impacted by the concern · Identify the consequences of the selected concern · Identify your proposed solution to the selected concern · Identify a purpose statement for this EBP proposal 3. PICOT/PICo question and Literature Search Process: This section identifies the PICOT/PICo question that will used for this EBP proposal. The literature search parameters will also be identified. It should contain the following elements: · Identify the question in correct format with all required elements · PICOT for quantitative research approach · PICo for qualitative research approach · Identify how the expected outcome will be useful to your future practice setting · Discuss the purpose of conducting a literature review and the contribution it will provide to this EBP proposal · Identify the steps used to conduct a literature review for this EBP proposal by including: · The specific library databases used · The key search terms and phrases used · The minor (additional) search terms and phrases used · Identify any specialty organization that is relevant to this EBP proposal 4. Theoretical Framework: This section presents the theoretical framework that will used in this EBP project. It should contain the following section: · Explain the theoretical framework to be used in this EBP proposal · Describe how the identified theoretical framework is applied to this EBP proposal
Preparing the AssignmentCriteria for Format and Special Instructions 1. The paper (excluding the title page and reference page) should be at least 5, but no more than 8 pages. Points will be lost for not meeting these length requirements. 2. Title page, running head, body of paper, and reference page must follow APA guidelines as found in the 6th edition of the manual. This includes the use of headings for each section of the paper except for the introduction where no heading is used. 3. A minimum of 6 (six) appropriate research-based scholarly references must be used. Required textbook for this course, dictionary and Chamberlain College of Nursing lesson information may NOT be used as scholarly references for this assignment. For additional assistance regarding scholarly nursing references, please see “What is a scholarly source” located in the Course Resources tab. Be aware that information from .com websites may be incorrect and should be avoided. References are current - within a 5-year time frame unless a valid rationale is provided and the instructor has approved them prior to submission of the assignment. 4. Ideas and information from scholarly, peer reviewed, nursing sources must be cited and referenced correctly. 5. Rules of grammar, spelling, word usage, and punctuation are followed and consistent with formal, scientific writing.
Refinement of a Nursing Concern into an Evidence-based Practice Proposal Using the Research Process is rated 4.8/5 based on 539 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »Research a health care organization or network that spans several states with in the United States (United Healthcare, Vanguard, Banner Health, etc.). Assess the readiness of the health care organization or network you chose in regard to meeting the healt
- »Select one of the topics from Chapter 12 listed under Modern Influences on the Future of Religion and examine how modern religious traditions are dealing with these contemporary challenges. If you identify with a particular religious tradition, how has yo
- »Describe various risk factors or precursors to adolescent pregnancy. Research community and state resources devoted in adolescent pregnancy and describe at least two of these resources.
- »Epidemiology and Communicable Disease
- »Describe one internal and one external method for the dissemination of your EBP project results
- »Theory of Transpersonal Caring (Jean Watson) Student Presentation and Theory Critique
- »Advocating for the nursing role in program Design and implementation
- »Monitoring Tools for Compliance Plans
- »Project Milestone One Topic Selection And Rationale
- »Community Health Assessment
- »Nursing Community
- »Pros And Cons Of Mandatory Continuing Nursing Education
- »DNP- Population Management
- »To complete this assignment, you will need to access to the following databases: CINAHL, MEDLINE, Cochrane Library, and the Joanna Briggs Institute
- »Soap Note 2 Chronic Conditions
- »Nursing Assignment
- »Advanced Physiology And Pathophysiology-Case Study- Disorders Of Fluid And Electrolyte Balance
- »Discussion: Special Topics in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry
- »In reviewing the lessons that we have touched upon this quarter, discuss how the efficient, effective use of resources (human, physical, financial, and technological) affects the continuity of care within and across healthcare settings in the community.
- »Professional Association Membership
- »Health care organizations strive for a culture of safety. Yet despite technological advances, quality care initiatives, oversight, ongoing education and training, laws, legislation and regulations, medical errors continue to occur. Some are small and easi
- »According to the health promotion model developed by Becker (1993), what four variables influence the selection and use of health promotion behaviors?
- »In this Module’s Discussion, you were introduced to the concept of an academic portfolio to begin building your own brand.
- »Cultural Competence & Healthy People 2020
- »Thinking Like A Nurse
- »Health Assesment
- »Advance Research Method: Evidence-based Practice
- »Create a SOAP note for disease prevention, health promotion, and acute care of the patient in the clinical case
- »Evaluate the effectiveness of the sampling method
- »Strengths-Based Leadership
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed