RUA: Safety Goals Assignment BROCHURERequired Uniform Assignment: National Patient Safety Goals PURPOSE This exercise is designed to increase the students' awareness of the National Patient Safety Goals developed by The Joint Commission. Specifically, this assignment will introduce the Speak Up Initiatives, an award- winning patient safety program designed to help patients promote their own safety by proactively taking charge of their healthcare. COURSE OUTCOMES This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes. CO #2: Apply the concepts of health promotion and illness prevention in the laboratory setting. (PO #2) CO #8: Explain the rationale for selected nursing interventions based upon current nursing literature. (PO #8) DUE DATE Week 6 POINTS 50 points REQUIREMENTS 1. Select a Speak Up brochure developed by The Joint Commission. Follow this link to the proper website: https://www.jointcommission.org/topics/speak_up_campaigns.aspx 2. Write a short paper reviewing the brochure. Use the Grading Criteria (below) to structure your critique and include current nursing or healthcare research to support your critique. a. The length of the paper is to be no greater than three pages, double spaced, excluding title page and reference page. Extra pages will not be read and will not count toward your grade. 3. This assignment will be graded on quality of information presented, use of citations, and use of Standard English grammar, sentence structure, and organization based on the required components. 4. Create the review using a Microsoft Word version that creates documents with file names ending in .docx. This is the required format for all Chamberlain documents. 5. Any questions about this paper may be discussed in the Q & A Forum in Canvas or directly with your faculty member. 6. APA format is required with both a title page and reference page. Use the required components of the review as Level 1 headers (upper- and lowercase, bold, centered). a. Introduction b. Summary of Brochure c. Evaluation of Brochure d. Conclusion Assignment Guidelines NR224 Fundamentals - Skills RUA: Patient Safety Goals Revised 07/22/18 2 PREPARING THE PAPER The following are the best practices in preparing this paper. Read the brochure carefully and take notes. Highlighting important points has been helpful to many students. 1) Title page: Include title of your paper, your name, Chamberlain College of Nursing, NR224 Fundamentals—Skills, faculty name, and the date. Center all items between the left and right margins, beginning approximately 3 inches from the top margin. a. NOTE: This style of cover page is required by the college and is a variance of APA formatting. 2) Use the CCN library or online library to find current nursing research that supports your findings. 3) The brochure you select must be properly cited in the body of your paper and on the reference list. 4) The brochure selected must be submitted with your work. DIRECTIONS AND GRADING CRITERIA Category Points % Description Introduction 3 6 This first part of your paper should be one paragraph that includes the brochure title, date published, and your understanding of who the information would benefit. Summary of the brochure's recommendations 10 20 Summary of brochure must include 1. main topics discussed; and 2. how communication between patients and healthcare providers is encouraged. Evaluation of the brochure 20 40 Critique the brochure. Include a full one- to two-page critique that answers all of the following questions. 1. What was done well, and what could have been improved in the brochure? 2. Why did this topic interest you? 3. Was the information provided in the brochure beneficial? Could you incorporate it in your patient education? 4. Was the information presented clearly? 5. Did current nursing or healthcare related research support the information presented in the brochure? 6. What population or individuals does this article apply to (i.e., who will benefit the most from this brochure)? Who else can use this information? 7. Will this information increase patient safety? Defend your answer. Conclusion 5 10 An effective conclusion identifies the main ideas and major support points from the body of your report. Minor details are left out. Summarize the benefits of following the brochure's advice to a person at risk. Clarity of writing 10 20 Use Standard English grammar and sentence structure. No spelling or typographical errors (typos) are present. The paper is organized around required components, using appropriate headers. Assignment Guidelines NR224 Fundamentals - Skills RUA: Patient Safety Goals Revised 07/22/18 3 APA format 2 4 All information taken from another source, even if summarized, must be cited in the paper and listed in the references using (APA sixth ed.) format. 1. Document setup 2. Title and reference pages. 3. Citations in the text and reference page. Total 50 100% Assignment Guidelines NR224: Fundamentals-Skills RUA: Patient Safety Goals Revised 07/22/18 4 GRADING RUBRIC Assignment Criteria Outstanding or Highest Level of Performance A (92–100%) Very Good or High Level of Performance B (84–91%) Competent or Satisfactory Level of Performance C (76–83%) Poor, Failing or Unsatisfactory Level of Performance F (0– 75%) Introduction 3 points Introduction provides a full and complete identification of the brochure, including the brochure title, date published, and understanding of who the information would benefit. 3 points Partial identification of required elements OR introduction contains no required elements OR no introduction 0–2 points Summary of the article 10 points Summary is complete and thoroughly covers all required elements. 10 points Summary is complete and is missing no more than one required element. 9 points Summary is complete and is missing no more than two required elements. 8 points Summary is incomplete or not included and is missing more than one required element. 0–7 points Evaluation of the Article 20 points Critique of article demonstrates critical thinking and answers all required questions and supported findings with current nursing research. 19–20 points Critique demonstrates basic understanding of article, answers all but one of the required questions, and/or does not support findings with current research. 17–18 points Critique demonstrates basic understanding of article, answers all but two or three of the required questions, and/or does not support findings with current research. 16 points The critique of the article is poor, lacks critical or original thinking, and fails to answer two or more questions 0–15 points Conclusion 5 points Original explanation is well evidenced and developed. 5 points Original explanation is present and well evidenced, yet not well developed. 4.5 points Original explanation is present, though not well evidenced or developed. 4 points Conclusion is omitted, OR no original explanation is present in conclusion. 0–3 points Clarity of writing 10 points Paper has excellent use of Standard English, showing original thought, has no spelling or grammar errors, and is well organized. 10 points Paper has some evidence of own expression and competently uses language, no more than two spelling or grammar errors, and is well organized. 9 points Paper has some evidence of own expression and competently uses language, no more than four spelling or grammar errors, and is well organized. 8 points Language needs development. There are five or more spelling and/or grammar errors, and paper is poorly organized. 0–7 points Assignment Guidelines RUA: Patient Safety Goals Revised 07/22/18 5 APA, grammar, spelling and/or punctuation contain multiple errors, and/or many citations are missing. 0 points Paper has three to five errors in APA format, grammar, spelling, and syntax and/or one–two citations are missing.
RUA: Safety Goals Assignment BROCHURE is rated 4.8/5 based on 358 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »Review the Patient Satisfaction Survey.
- »Compare and contrast two change theories, and determine which theory makes the most sense for implementing your specific EBP project. Why?
- »Your journal draws from evidence, concepts, and/or theories you have examined in this program, especially those related to your specialization. What have you observed during your Practicum Experience that you would like to analyze through your journal wri
- »Work Environment Assessment
- »Effective Approaches In Leadership And Management
- »executive summary analyzing the financial and regulatory impact of organizational compliance with your chosen measure
- »MyPlate Diet Analysis
- »Theory Power Point Presentation
- »Ethical Decision Making: The American Nurses Association
- »I will be using a quantitative approach for my evidence-based proposal. I believe that this approach will bethe best choice in identifying the needed information and measuring the strengths and preferences of myresearch that may suggest a result or will n
- »Exercise an understanding of basic communication theory and the appropriate use of communication technology. Analyze healthcare situations and choose the most effective way to communicate with the audience.
- »Kristen Swanson’s Theory of Caring,
- »evaluate quantitative research questions and hypotheses in assigned journal articles in your discipline and consider the alignment of theory, problem, purpose, research questions and hypotheses, and design.
- »Community Assessment And Analysis
- »Case Study (Nursing)
- »Discussion: Nursing Research and Evidence-Based Practice
- »Select a potential natural or man-made disaster that could happen in your community. Then, write a 3- to 4-page paper about the disaster from the community nurse’s perspective.
- »Emergency Preparedness And Disaster
- »The Impact Of Standardized Nursing Terminology
- »Community Resource AA
- »Health Assessment Of A Todlar
- »Policy & Advocacy For Population Health
- »Business Plan/Contract PPY Presentation
- »Professional Association In Nursing
- »Death, Dying, and Grief
- »Managing Conflict In The Workplace
- »Infection Prevention Literature Review
- »The Belmont Report: Ethical Principles and Guidelines for the Protection of Human Subjects of Research
- »Disaster Contact a disaster preparedness person at either a local hospital, or local city or county emergency services agency
- »Audience Analysis
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed