PERSUASIVE WRITINGModule 4 Case is a Persuasive essay in which the writer encourages the reader to give in some way to a worthy cause. The writer must first select a licensed not-for-profit organization with a web presence before identifying a specific audience and appeal(s). Please note that giving comes in all shapes and sizes and not just financial contributions. A significant part of persuasive writing is appeal. Various appeals in your essay may be used to encourage your target audience to act. It may be helpful to imagine you're writing a persuasive speech in which you must capture your audience's attention, reel them in with specific details (and appeals), and then seal the deal with the close in which you leave them with a lasting impression. As always, a well-organized essay has a beginning, middle, and an end. The beginning, or introduction, should include an opening sentence to grab your reader’s attention. Follow the opening sentence with a brief background on the organization or cause. The last sentence of the introduction is the thesis statement. The thesis statement would likely be the ways in which your reader can “give.” A well-supported essay includes supporting points, details, and examples. For this essay, you must decide the best way to organize the body of the paper. Each body paragraph must have a topic sentence that states the main point of the paragraph. Perhaps each paragraph could explain in detail the specific ways to give. This essay must include no less than FOUR SOURCES (the organization’s website may be one). This essay must include no less than EIGHT citations and should be a combination of direct quotations and paraphrased quotations with or without the author's name. Please note that copying information word-for-word from a website is plagiarism. It is important that you use the information and cite accordingly. Plagiarism is a serious offense and grounds for failure. Please ask any questions before submitting questionable work. The conclusion typically summarizes the main points of the essay and/or closes with a lasting impression. This might be a great place to explain to your reader the value of giving as well as provide contact information to get involved. The essay must also include a Reference List that includes the website used (as well as others, if applicable). Be sure to proofread your essay and edit for proper grammar, punctuation, diction (word choice), and spelling, as errors in sentence skills will lower a final grade. A grade will be determined based on the Module 4 Case expectations and the Trident University General Education rubric for English. Papers must be double-spaced in Times or Times New Roman font (12 cpi) with standard one-inch margins. While the first person "I" is not typically used in a formal essay, it may be used if you have a personal connection to the organization as credibility can be an effective tool in persuasion.
- Write a persuasive essay (no less than SIX pages in length) that encourages the reader to “give.”
- Demonstrate the ability to make and support a Persuasive claim in a well-supported, organized, and cohesive essay.
- Demonstrate an understanding of audience appeals and the ability to use appeals effectively in persuading the reader
PERSUASIVE WRITING is rated 4.8/5 based on 266 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »Regardless of political affiliation, individuals often grow concerned when considering perceived competing interests of government and their impact on topics of interest to them
- »Discussion: Pain
- »The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA), passed in 2010, is a collection of laws that were created to reform health insurance and healthcare.
- »Break-even Analysis Assignment
- »Evidence-Based Practice Project—Paper on Diabetes
- »What features of sexually transmitted diseases review?
- »This Is Capstone Project On Adult Obesity
- »The American Cancer Society (ACS) is a nationwide, community-based, voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem. Together with its supporters, ACS is committed to helping people stay well and get well by finding
- »Concept Process Assignment
- »Knee Injury Case Studies
- »Discussion: Comparing Frameworks for Analyzing Organizations
- »Nursing Project
- »Draft Physician Assisted Suicide
- »Creating Visual Data
- »Identify a specific instance from your own professional experience in which the values of the organization and the values of the individual nurses did or did not align. Describe the impact this had on nurse engagement and patient outcomes
- »As an advanced registered nurse, what will your role be in advocating for equitable population health services and policies?
- »This study identifies the healthcare education needs of incarcerated women in a state corrections facility
- »Value-Based Reimbursement: The Banner Health Network Experience
- »Theory of Integral Nursing & Practice
- »Literature Review: State Of Current Industry Knowledge (Health Informatics)
- »Assignment: Asthma Complications of asthma can be sudden
- »IOM Future Of Nursing Report And Nursing
- »Clinical Practice
- »Recommending An Evidence-Based Practice Change
- »The Nurse as Advocate Whether nurses are advocating for their patients, health care, and/or policies that improve people’s lives, the advocacy processes have commonalities that transcend the subject of their advocacy.
- »Pharmacotherapy For Gastrointestinal And Hepatobiliary Disorders
- »discuss the influence the IOM report and state-based action coalitions have had on nursing practice, nursing education, and nursing workforce development, and how they continue to advance the goals for the nursing profession
- »Rough draft qualitative research critique and ethical consideration
- »Respond on two different days who selected a different scenario than you, in one or more of the following ways: Share insights on how the factor you selected impacts the disorder your colleague identified.
- »Regulatory Compliance
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed