Organizational Systems And StructuresAvedis Donabedian’s work generated a pivotal means of assessing organizational performance relative to structure, process, and outcomes. However, it is clearly not sufficient to view health care quality merely in terms of outcomes—the structures and processes that facilitate these outcomes are equally as important. In this Discussion, you consider multiple frameworks that can be used to analyze an organization. As you proceed, consider how these frameworks allow you to examine the interplay of interdependent and related parts and processes that comprise the systems within an organization, as well as the arrangements or structures that connect these parts. To prepare: Investigate and reflect on the systems and structures of an organization with which you are familiar. Consider the following: What is the reporting structure? Who holds formal and informal authority? How many layers of management are there between the frontline and the highest office-holders of the organization? How are interdisciplinary teams organized? How is communication facilitated? How well integrated is decision making among clinical personnel and administrative professionals? How are particular service lines organized? Which departments, groups, and/or individuals within the organization are responsible for monitoring matters related to performance, such as quality and finances? Select two of the following frameworks: Learning organizations, presented in the Elkin, Haina, and Cone article Complex adaptive systems (CAS), presented in the Nesse, Kutcher, Wood, and Rummans article Clinical microsystems, presented in the Sabino, Friel, Deitrick, and Sales-Lopez article Good to great, presented in the Geller article The 5 Ps, presented in the ASHP Foundation article Review the Learning Resources for each of the frameworks that you selected. Also conduct additional research to strengthen your understanding of how to use each framework to assess an organization. Compare the two frameworks. How could each framework be used to identify opportunities to improve performance? In particular, how would you use each of these frameworks to analyze the organization that you have selected?
Organizational Systems And Structures is rated 4.8/5 based on 738 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »Identify personal opportunities for improvement in providing culturally competent care.
- »Assignment: Workplace Environment Assessment
- »Developmental Assessment And The School-Aged Child
- »Clinical Decision Case Assignment
- »Vila Health: Marketing Plan
- »Evidence level and quality rating
- »Assignment: Adaptive Response
- »Community Assessment
- »Project - Capital Decisions
- »Compare the physical assessments among school-aged children. Describe how you would modify assessment techniques to match the age and developmental stage of the child
- »Analyze leadership and management roles in change management.
- »Create page cost benefit analysis that supports a risk financing recommendation for a selected organization.
- »SWOT Analysis
- »As chief executive officer (CEO) of a health system, how could you put this theory to work for you and use the strengths and weaknesses for developing a strategic plan and gaining competitive advantage in your own healthcare market organization?
- »The Use Of Clinical Systems To Improve Outcomes And Efficiencies
- »Analysis Of A Pertinent Healthcare Issue
- »NUTRITION ISSUES IN GASTROENTEROLOGY
- »ARNP protocol and business proposal
- »Use of Computerized Behavior therapy to treat depression
- »Nursing Leadership in Healthcare Organizations
- »Contact a disaster preparedness person at either a local hospital, or local city or county emergency services agency
- »Nursing Practice And School Health Privacy
- »Assignment: Pharmacotherapy For Cardiovascular Disorders/Respiratory Systems
- »Ethics Assessment 2: Matrix Of Ethical Theories
- »Nature of Human Life as Subject Matter of Nursing
- »Community Assignment - Epidemiology Assignment
- »Patient Preferences And Decision Making
- »Physical Activity Resource Guide
- »cost benefit analysis that supports a risk financing recommendation for a selected organization
- »Discussion: Creating A Culture Of Engagement
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed