Nursing Leadership in Healthcare OrganizationsSt. Louis Medical Center (SLMC) has proudly served Summerville, Ironridge and the surrounding communities of Chamberlain County, South Carolina, for over 50 years. The organization has remained a key component in maintaining the health of the community at large. SLMC has over 500 physicians, approximately 450 nurses, and is one of the largest employers of the Chamberlain County area. SLMC takes pride in its ability to remain a leader in the healthcare industry statewide. The hospital has a continuous commitment to delivering the highest quality care by addressing crucial issues, such as patient safety, technology, and expanding services to meet community needs. SLMC has placed special emphasis on optimizing the quality of life of all those served by expanding beyond the traditional focus on medical needs to the needs of the whole person. SLMC has seen a sharp increase in the number of hospital admissions of elderly patients with heart failure and cardiovascular disease. Specifically, in the last 3 years, SLMC has had a 10% increase each year in the number of heart failure hospital admissions, of which, most were readmissions in the same year. Even though there is an increasing trend in the number of patients 65 years and older with heart failure on a national level, Summerville, in particular, has had to treat explosive numbers of this vulnerable population. Market Analysis Summerville, SC History Summerville is a city in South Carolina in the United States. It is bounded by Ironridge, SC, on the West, the Atlantic Ocean on the South and East, and Chamberlain 2 Island on the North. According to city records, the city has a total land area of 2.99 square miles. The city government consists of a Mayor, three township supervisors, and a solicitor. Summerville has its own police department. By 1790, Summerville had become a thriving village with business houses dispersed among the huts and log cabins. In 1817, a stage coach stop was added to this growing town. Harvey Summer, a successful logger, purchased a large parcel of ground and began to sell off lots. This brought more people to the town that was subsequently named after him. Summerville added a steel mill, and Mr. Summer’s logging company was relocated there. By 1940, Mr. Summer’s descendants opened an auction house after closing the logging company. This was a huge commercial attraction for the area and Summerville continued to grow. Other businesses moved to Summerville. This commercial core was the beginning of the Summerville we know today. Summerville has been thriving in this challenging economic time and has increased its population by 10% since 2016. This is an upscale community with modern, well-maintained homes. The SLMC is located within the Summerville city limits. There is also a city hall with a WIC office, movie theatre, shopping center, restaurants, grocery store, and several homes that line the Summerville streets. This is a suburban area with modern looking buildings and clean streets. There is a taxi service as well as a bus that transports people around Summerville and into Ironridge.
Nursing Leadership in Healthcare Organizations is rated 4.8/5 based on 743 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »Evidence level and quality rating
- »Assignment: Adaptive Response
- »Community Assessment
- »Project - Capital Decisions
- »Compare the physical assessments among school-aged children. Describe how you would modify assessment techniques to match the age and developmental stage of the child
- »Analyze leadership and management roles in change management.
- »Create page cost benefit analysis that supports a risk financing recommendation for a selected organization.
- »SWOT Analysis
- »As chief executive officer (CEO) of a health system, how could you put this theory to work for you and use the strengths and weaknesses for developing a strategic plan and gaining competitive advantage in your own healthcare market organization?
- »The Use Of Clinical Systems To Improve Outcomes And Efficiencies
- »Organizational Systems And Structures
- »Analysis Of A Pertinent Healthcare Issue
- »NUTRITION ISSUES IN GASTROENTEROLOGY
- »ARNP protocol and business proposal
- »Use of Computerized Behavior therapy to treat depression
- »Contact a disaster preparedness person at either a local hospital, or local city or county emergency services agency
- »Nursing Practice And School Health Privacy
- »Assignment: Pharmacotherapy For Cardiovascular Disorders/Respiratory Systems
- »Ethics Assessment 2: Matrix Of Ethical Theories
- »Nature of Human Life as Subject Matter of Nursing
- »Community Assignment - Epidemiology Assignment
- »Patient Preferences And Decision Making
- »Physical Activity Resource Guide
- »cost benefit analysis that supports a risk financing recommendation for a selected organization
- »Discussion: Creating A Culture Of Engagement
- »Nursing rca scenario
- »Rogers' diffusion of innovation theory is a particularly good theoretical framework to apply to an EBP project Apply one of the above models and carry your implementation through each of the stages, phases, or steps identified in the chosen model.
- »Leadership in Healthcare Organizations
- »Discussion Board End of Life Care.
- »DNP- DATA ANALYSIS
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed