Medication Safety ProjectHi, Based on This information, please answer these questions carefully: You are assigned a new admission. The client’s diagnoses include: 1) Dementia 2) Parkinson’s disease 3) CVA with residual L-sided weakness 4) Osteoporosis 5) Urinary incontinence 6) Recurrent UTIs 7) Hypertension 8) CAD; stent 2 years ago 9) CHF (EF 30%) 10) Atrial fibrillation 11) Hyperlipidemia 12) Osteoarthritis, especially hips and knees 13) Macular degeneration 14) Type 2 DM 15) Peripheral neuropathy 16) Chronic renal insufficiency 17) Anemia 18) Hypothyroidism 19) COPD on oxygen 20) Diverticulosis The client’s medication list includes: 1) donepezil (Aricept) 5 mg PO daily 2) Sinemet 10/100 PO TID 3) aspirin 325 mg PO daily 4) warfarin (Coumadin) 5 mg PO qHS 5) tolterodine (Detrol) 2 mg PO BID 6) atorvastatin (Lipitor) 40 mg PO qHS 7) insulin (long-acting and sliding scale) 8) gabapentin (Neurontin) 300 mg PO TID 9) iron sulfate 325 mg PO TID 10) trazodone 50 mg PO qHS 11) levothyroxine 50 mcg PO daily 12) furosemide (Lasix) 60 mg PO BID 13) potassium chloride 20 mEq PO daily 14) metoprolol 100 mg PO BID 15) lisinopril 20 mg PO daily 16) amlodipine 10 mg PO daily 17) acetaminophen 1,000 mg PO TID 18) docusate sodium 100 mg PO BID 19) polyethylene glycol powder (Miralax) 17 g PO daily 20) tiotropium (Spiriva) 18 mcg inhaled daily 21) montelukast (Singulair) 10 mg PO daily 22) fluticasone/salmeterol (Advair) 100/50 inhaled BID 23) Albuterol/Atrovent nebulizers PRN for wheezing 24) multivitamin one PO daily 25) vitamin E 400 IU PO daily 26) calcium carbonate 500 mg PO TID 27) vitamin D 800 units PO daily 28) kava root 100 mg PO QID 29) nitrofurantoin (Macrobid) 100 mg PO qHS Based on your review of the three references found in the library guide under readings and the information in the case study: 1) Explain which of these medications you would have concerns in administering to an elderly client and why. 2) Discuss what alternatives you would recommend to either the client or provider (as appropriate). 3) Describe the teaching you would provide and/or information you would need to ensure that the client understands related to the medication regimen prior to discharge.
Medication Safety Project is rated 4.8/5 based on 768 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »Discussion: Creating A Culture Of Engagement
- »Nursing rca scenario
- »Rogers' diffusion of innovation theory is a particularly good theoretical framework to apply to an EBP project Apply one of the above models and carry your implementation through each of the stages, phases, or steps identified in the chosen model.
- »Leadership in Healthcare Organizations
- »Discussion Board End of Life Care.
- »DNP- DATA ANALYSIS
- »High-Risk Nutritional Practices Paper
- »Patient Education Technology Guide to a Mobile Health Application PowerPoint
- »Adolescent pregnancy is viewed as a high-risk situation because it poses serious health risks for the mother and the baby. Describe various risk factors or precursors to adolescent pregnancy
- »genetic or genomic technology
- »In clinical settings, advanced practice nurses often encounter patients with blood disorders such as anemia
- »Overview: Synthesis Paper
- »Assessment Of The Abdomen And The Gastrointestinal System
- »The focus of this week’s assignment is identifying research components. You will be responsible for reviewing two articles (listed below) and completing the following tasks for each one
- »Prevention of Central Line-Associated Bloodstream Infections
- »Epidemic In The Community
- »Discussion: Improving Quality
- »Medical Case Study
- »Community Assessment and Analysis Presentation
- »Competitiveness And Performance Effectiveness For Health Care IT Systems
- »· Consider what physical exams and diagnostic tests would be appropriate to gather more information about the patient’s condition. How would the results be used to make a diagnosis?
- »apply lessons in quality improvement in nursing to a real-world nursing issue
- »Discussion: The Role Of The RN/APRN In Politic Making
- »Discuss the history of present illness that you would take on this patient in preparation for the clinic visit
- »Critiquing Health-related information with the HON Code Criteria and Fry Readability Scale
- »Assignment:Academic Success And Professional Development Plan
- »Data Analysis And Results
- »Create a one-page patient education tool that explains usage of a medication and factors that can affect outcomes
- »Defining Quality
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed