In clinical settings, advanced practice nurses often encounter patients with blood disorders such as anemiaIn clinical settings, advanced practice nurses often encounter patients with blood disorders such as anemia. Consider the case of a 17-year-old girl who is rushed to the emergency room after suddenly fainting. The girl’s mother reports that her daughter has had difficulty concentrating for the past week, frequently becomes dizzy, and has not been eating normally due to digestion problems. The mother also informs the nurse that their family has a history of anemia. With the family history of anemia, it appears that this is the likely diagnosis. However, in order to properly diagnose and treat the patient, not only must her symptoms and family history be considered, but also factors such as gender, ethnicity, age, and behavior. This poses the question: How do patient factors impact the incidence and prevalence of different types of anemia? To Prepare
- Review Chapter 21 in the Huether and McCance text. Reflect on the pathophysiological mechanisms of iron deficiency anemia.
- Select one of the following types of anemia: pernicious anemia, folate deficiency anemia, sideroblastic anemia, chronic inflammation anemia, or post-hemorrhagic anemia. Identify the pathophysiological mechanisms of the anemia you selected.
- Consider the similarities and differences between iron deficiency anemia and the type of anemia you selected.
- Reflect on how patient factors such as genetics, gender, ethnicity, age, and behavior might impact these anemic disorders.
In clinical settings, advanced practice nurses often encounter patients with blood disorders such as anemia is rated 4.8/5 based on 763 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »Nature of Human Life as Subject Matter of Nursing
- »Community Assignment - Epidemiology Assignment
- »Patient Preferences And Decision Making
- »Physical Activity Resource Guide
- »cost benefit analysis that supports a risk financing recommendation for a selected organization
- »Discussion: Creating A Culture Of Engagement
- »Nursing rca scenario
- »Rogers' diffusion of innovation theory is a particularly good theoretical framework to apply to an EBP project Apply one of the above models and carry your implementation through each of the stages, phases, or steps identified in the chosen model.
- »Leadership in Healthcare Organizations
- »Discussion Board End of Life Care.
- »DNP- DATA ANALYSIS
- »High-Risk Nutritional Practices Paper
- »Patient Education Technology Guide to a Mobile Health Application PowerPoint
- »Adolescent pregnancy is viewed as a high-risk situation because it poses serious health risks for the mother and the baby. Describe various risk factors or precursors to adolescent pregnancy
- »genetic or genomic technology
- »Overview: Synthesis Paper
- »Assessment Of The Abdomen And The Gastrointestinal System
- »The focus of this week’s assignment is identifying research components. You will be responsible for reviewing two articles (listed below) and completing the following tasks for each one
- »Prevention of Central Line-Associated Bloodstream Infections
- »Medication Safety Project
- »Epidemic In The Community
- »Discussion: Improving Quality
- »Medical Case Study
- »Community Assessment and Analysis Presentation
- »Competitiveness And Performance Effectiveness For Health Care IT Systems
- »· Consider what physical exams and diagnostic tests would be appropriate to gather more information about the patient’s condition. How would the results be used to make a diagnosis?
- »apply lessons in quality improvement in nursing to a real-world nursing issue
- »Discussion: The Role Of The RN/APRN In Politic Making
- »Discuss the history of present illness that you would take on this patient in preparation for the clinic visit
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed