Identify at least five possible conditions that may be considered in a differential diagnosis for the patient.Below is the SOAP note that you will analyze for your assignment this week. Review the information given. You will not be writing a SOAP note this week. Instead, write in a narrative format and address the following questions: · Consider what history would be necessary to collect from the patient in the case study. · Consider what physical exams and diagnostic tests would be appropriate to gather more information about the patient’s condition. How would the results be used to make a diagnosis? · Identify at least five possible conditions that may be considered in a differential diagnosis for the patient. Subjective: · CC: “My stomach hurts, I have diarrhea and nothing seems to help.” · HPI: JR, 47 yo WM, complains of having generalized abdominal pain that started 3 days ago. He has not taken any medications because he did not know what to take. He states the pain is a 5/10 today but has been as much as 9/10 when it first started. He has been able to eat, with some nausea afterwards. · PMH: HTN, Diabetes, hx of GI bleed 4 years ago · Medications: Lisinopril 10mg, Amlodipine 5 mg, Metformin 1000mg, Lantus 10 units qhs · Allergies: NKDA · FH: No hx of colon cancer, Father hx DMT2, HTN, Mother hx HTN, Hyperlipidemia, GERD · Social: Denies tobacco use; occasional etoh, married, 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys) Objective: · VS: Temp 99.8; BP 160/86; RR 16; P 92; HT 5’10”; WT 248lbs · Heart: RRR, no murmurs · Lungs: CTA, chest wall symmetrical · Skin: Intact without lesions, no urticaria · Abd: soft, hyperactive bowel sounds, pos pain in the LLQ · Diagnostics: None Assessment: • Left lower quadrant pain• Gastroenteritis PLAN: This section is not required for the assignments in this course (NURS 6512) but will be required for future courses. The Assignment 1. Analyze the subjective portion of the note. List additional information that should be included in the documentation. 2. Analyze the objective portion of the note. List additional information that should be included in the documentation. 3. Is the assessment supported by the subjective and objective information? Why or why not? 4. What diagnostic tests would be appropriate for this case, and how would the results be used to make a diagnosis? 5. Would you reject/accept the current diagnosis? Why or why not? Identify three possible conditions that may be considered as a differential diagnosis for this patient. Explain your reasoning using at least three different references from current evidence-based literature.
Identify at least five possible conditions that may be considered in a differential diagnosis for the patient. is rated 4.8/5 based on 692 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »Normally, the PICOT format is helpful in formulation of questions in evidenced based clinical practices. PICOT generated questions generally fall under for main categories of clinical practices
- »Nursing: Evidence-Based Practice
- »Describe The Relationship Between Health Care Cost And Quality
- »SNAPPS is a learner-centered approach to case presentation in the clinical setting. This model allows the student to take an active role in their educational encounter by discussing the patient encounter beyond the facts, verbalizing their clinical reason
- »Assessinenitalia and Rectum
- »Individual Success Plan
- »HEALTHCARE SYSTEMS AND QUALITY OUTCOMES - Course Project
- »Assignment: Practicum Experience
- »Ethical And Legal Issues.
- »List Three Questions You Might Ask The Patient If He Or She Were In Your Office. Provide A Rationale For Why You Might Ask These Questions. Id profile
- »developed your practicum professional development objectives. How have your experiences thus far in the practicum contributed to your growth as nurse leader-manager or nurse informaticist? What difficulties, if any, have you experienced, and how might thi
- »Health Promotion And Risk Reduction
- »Thesis Development
- »Elder Abuse and Neglect
- »Challenges That The Leaders Of Today's Health Care Organizations Face.
- »Levy Family Episodes
- »Controlled Terminology And Standards
- »Discussion: Creating, Developing, And Leading Effective Teams
- »Quantitative research
- »Statistical Terms
- »Policy Implementation, Street-level Bureaucracy, and the Importance of Discretion.
- »Recognize the influence that developmental stages have on physical, psychosocial, cultural, and spiritual functioning
- »Reflect on strategies that you can pursue in developing portfolios or portfolio elements that focus on academic achievements.
- »Assignment: National Patient Safety Goals
- »Discussion: Searching Databases
- »A PICOT starts with a designated patient population in a particular
- »Research Proposal Draft
- »Safeguarding children professional responsibility and partnership working activity.
- »Psychiatric Assessment Of The Adult And Older Adult
- »Discuss The Difference Between A Positive Linear Relationship And A Negative Linear Relationship
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed