How Has The Emphasis On Quality Of Care, Patient Safety, And Clinical Care Outcomes Been Impacted By Specific Standards Emanating From TJC And/Or CMS?Promoting Safety and Quality In the article “Managing to Improve Quality: The Relationship Between Accreditation Standards, Safety Practices, and Patient Outcomes,” the authors discuss the growing trend by medical insurance companies to eliminate reimbursement for Never Events. As these types of mistakes should be easily preventable, hospitals have developed protocols to lessen or extinguish the occurrence of these events. In addition, The Joint Commission (TJC) and the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) have developed core measures to guide health care providers’ efforts in improving patient safety and the quality of care delivered. Health care organizations have developed strategic agendas to help meet these standards and reduce the incidence of Never Events. Nurses significantly influence the overall quality of health care provided and play a pivotal role in improving patient outcomes. For this Discussion, you will consider the standards that are in place for nurses and how they can be used to improve quality of care. To prepare for this Discussion:
- Review the information at the Joint Commission and Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services websites on the core measures and standards presented in this week’s Resources.
- Consider the nurse’s role in supporting the organization’s strategic agenda as it relates to improving clinical outcomes.
- Conduct an Internet search for either a Never Event or a core measure, and select one to address in your post.
By Day 3Respond to the following:
- How has the emphasis on quality of care, patient safety, and clinical care outcomes been impacted by specific standards emanating from TJC and/or CMS? Cite your selected core measure or Never Event in your response.
- What is the impact of the nurse’s role in clinical outcomes for the organization?
- Discuss nurse-specific challenges in influencing change in quality improvement.
- How does this influence the ability of the organization to achieve its strategic agenda?
How Has The Emphasis On Quality Of Care, Patient Safety, And Clinical Care Outcomes Been Impacted By Specific Standards Emanating From TJC And/Or CMS? is rated 4.8/5 based on 40 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »Nursing Teaching
- »Selecting A Population Health Problem
- »Integration Of Health Systems
- »Descriptive Statistics
- »Business Plan Development
- »Analyze The Mickey Mantle Case Using The Seven-Step Decision Model.
- »Ethical Decision Making
- »Chasing ZERO Video Or Chasing Zero Article
- »Case Study On Death And Dying
- »Combining Cognitive Rehearsal, Simulation, and Evidence-Based Scripting to Address Incivility
- »reflects the compilation and analysis of data collected during the patient volunteer health history interview
- »What Is The Christian Concept Of The Imago Dei? How Might It Be Important To Health Care, And Why Is It Relevant?
- »Personal Philosophy of Nursing
- »Advanced registered nurse practitioners (ARNPs) have to consider a broad range of factors when prescribing medicines
- »Kings Conceptual Theory
- »Discussion - Effective Communication Techniques
- »How Can Pricing and Reimbursement Policies Improve Affordable Access to Medicines?
- »Executive Summary Of Organizational Diversity
- »Analyze the key benefits and/or consequences of practicing in a multicultural city such as Miami
- »Apa Format Essay
- »Assignment: Literature Review: The Use Of Clinical Systems To Improve Outcomes And Efficiencies
- »Create a 10–12-slide PowerPoint presentation to identify medications associated with a chosen disease or health condition, explain the actions and side effects of the medications, and discuss any controversies related to the medications. Explain a trea
- »He Role Of Root Cause Analysis In Public Safety ERM Programs Case
- »Assignment - Patient Falls Worksheet
- »Health Care Data Case
- »Strategies For Academic Portfolios
- »The selection of a research design is guided by the study’s purpose and research questions and hypotheses, and the design then links the research questions and hypotheses to the data that will be collected
- »POWERPOINT PRESENTATION ON HISTOPLASMOSIS
- »The purpose of the Course Project is to give the student the opportunity to apply concepts in transcultural nursing by performing a transcultural nursing assessment
- »For MADAM-PROFESSOR
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed