Ethical Decision Making: The American Nurses AssociationCore Competencies of an APRN There are seven core competencies that you will develop as an advanced practice nurse: • Direct Clinical Practice: Direct clinical practice involves client-nurse interaction and may include family members or others. • Coaching and Mentoring: APRNs coach clients, families, and staff nurses. APRNs also need to be actively involved in assisting and mentoring other nurses to achieve excellent patient care. • Consulting: Staff nurses and healthcare team members may seek assistance from APRNs because of the clinical expertise of APRNs. • Research and Evidence-Based Practice (EBP): A hallmark of advanced practice nursing is the use of EBP and research, when possible. • Health Systems and Leadership: Problem solving and suggesting necessary changes are some of the major contributions of APRNs within the health system. Leadership skills help APRNs effectively perform in health, clinical, and professional arenas. • Collaboration Opportunities: APRNs and healthcare team members usually have different perspectives on a client’s needs. Therefore, collaboration between APRNs and healthcare team members helps enhance their ability to meet those needs. Collaboration is a process that requires commitment and good communication among the team members. • Ethical Decision Making: The American Nurses Association (ANA, 2001) has published documents on ethics, since the nursing profession is replete with ethical dilemmas. Your new role as an APRN may introduce new uncertainties into your practice. Even within the competency of collaboration, there may be occasions for consensus building among team members so that a client’s needs are satisfactorily met.
Ethical Decision Making: The American Nurses Association is rated 4.8/5 based on 351 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »Individual Client Health History and Examination
- »Develop A Professional Product To Improve Care Or The Patient Experience Related To The Identified Health Problem With A 2-4 Page Summary Of Intervention Findings, Evidence, And Best-Practice Basis For The Professional Product.
- »Discussion - Political Issues For Nursing
- »discusses Leininger's Sunrise Model of transcultural nursing
- »QUALITATIVE RESEARCH CRITIQUE 1. Research Issue and Purpose What is the research question or issue of the referenced study? What is its purpose? (Sometimes ONLY the purpose is stated clearly and the question must be inferred from the introductory discus
- »The final project for NSG6101 consists of the development of a novel research proposal specific to your role specialization
- »Spirituality as a Predictive Factor for Signing an Organ Donor Card
- »Review the Patient Satisfaction Survey.
- »Compare and contrast two change theories, and determine which theory makes the most sense for implementing your specific EBP project. Why?
- »Your journal draws from evidence, concepts, and/or theories you have examined in this program, especially those related to your specialization. What have you observed during your Practicum Experience that you would like to analyze through your journal wri
- »Work Environment Assessment
- »Effective Approaches In Leadership And Management
- »executive summary analyzing the financial and regulatory impact of organizational compliance with your chosen measure
- »MyPlate Diet Analysis
- »Theory Power Point Presentation
- »I will be using a quantitative approach for my evidence-based proposal. I believe that this approach will bethe best choice in identifying the needed information and measuring the strengths and preferences of myresearch that may suggest a result or will n
- »Exercise an understanding of basic communication theory and the appropriate use of communication technology. Analyze healthcare situations and choose the most effective way to communicate with the audience.
- »Kristen Swanson’s Theory of Caring,
- »evaluate quantitative research questions and hypotheses in assigned journal articles in your discipline and consider the alignment of theory, problem, purpose, research questions and hypotheses, and design.
- »Community Assessment And Analysis
- »Case Study (Nursing)
- »RUA: Safety Goals Assignment BROCHURE
- »Discussion: Nursing Research and Evidence-Based Practice
- »Select a potential natural or man-made disaster that could happen in your community. Then, write a 3- to 4-page paper about the disaster from the community nurse’s perspective.
- »Emergency Preparedness And Disaster
- »The Impact Of Standardized Nursing Terminology
- »Community Resource AA
- »Health Assessment Of A Todlar
- »Policy & Advocacy For Population Health
- »Business Plan/Contract PPY Presentation
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed