Epidemic In The Community
To prepare for this Discussion, visit the CDC Wonder site in this week’s resources. Investigate the incidence and prevalence of TB in your community. What information did you find? Analyze how your community compares to county, state, or national data for the same topic. Was the incidence and prevalence of each higher or lower than you expected? Consider the following scenario: This is Debbie’s first year working as a nurse at the local health department in a rural county. Most of her days are spent in the clinic seeing clients who often do not have health insurance. Over the past month, Debbie has noticed that several young Hispanic men have come to the health department, each diagnosed with tuberculosis. Debbie is concerned about what the outbreak of tuberculosis among the migrant workers could mean for the community. Through a community health profile, Debbie identifies the group of migrant farm workers as being at highest risk for contracting tuberculosis. Using the Epidemiologic Triangle concept, consider the relationship among causal agents, susceptible persons, and environmental factors. Then, respond to the following:
- As a BSN-prepared community health nurse, what steps should Debbie take next?
- Considering economic and social considerations within the community, what are the primary, secondary, and tertiary interventions that Debbie might use in managing this outbreak?
- Can similar interventions be applied to your community and its TB prevalence?
- What considerations need to be addressed within your community that are different form Debbie’s community?
Epidemic In The Community is rated 4.8/5 based on 769 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »Nursing rca scenario
- »Rogers' diffusion of innovation theory is a particularly good theoretical framework to apply to an EBP project Apply one of the above models and carry your implementation through each of the stages, phases, or steps identified in the chosen model.
- »Leadership in Healthcare Organizations
- »Discussion Board End of Life Care.
- »DNP- DATA ANALYSIS
- »High-Risk Nutritional Practices Paper
- »Patient Education Technology Guide to a Mobile Health Application PowerPoint
- »Adolescent pregnancy is viewed as a high-risk situation because it poses serious health risks for the mother and the baby. Describe various risk factors or precursors to adolescent pregnancy
- »genetic or genomic technology
- »In clinical settings, advanced practice nurses often encounter patients with blood disorders such as anemia
- »Overview: Synthesis Paper
- »Assessment Of The Abdomen And The Gastrointestinal System
- »The focus of this week’s assignment is identifying research components. You will be responsible for reviewing two articles (listed below) and completing the following tasks for each one
- »Prevention of Central Line-Associated Bloodstream Infections
- »Medication Safety Project
- »Discussion: Improving Quality
- »Medical Case Study
- »Community Assessment and Analysis Presentation
- »Competitiveness And Performance Effectiveness For Health Care IT Systems
- »· Consider what physical exams and diagnostic tests would be appropriate to gather more information about the patient’s condition. How would the results be used to make a diagnosis?
- »apply lessons in quality improvement in nursing to a real-world nursing issue
- »Discussion: The Role Of The RN/APRN In Politic Making
- »Discuss the history of present illness that you would take on this patient in preparation for the clinic visit
- »Critiquing Health-related information with the HON Code Criteria and Fry Readability Scale
- »Assignment:Academic Success And Professional Development Plan
- »Data Analysis And Results
- »Create a one-page patient education tool that explains usage of a medication and factors that can affect outcomes
- »Defining Quality
- »Discuss The Difference Between An Exploratory Analysis And A Confirmatory
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed