Discussion, compare two types of diabetes—diabetes mellitus and diabetes insipidus.According to the American Diabetes Association (2011), 25.8 million children and adults have been diagnosed with diabetes in the United States. Approximately 2 million more are diagnosed every year, with another 79 million people considered to be in a pre-diabetes state. These millions of people are at risk of several alterations, including heart disease, stroke, kidney failure, neuropathy, and blindness. Since diabetes has a major impact on the health of millions of people around the world, it is essential for nurses to understand the pathophysiology and associated alterations of this disorder. In this Discussion, you compare two types of diabetes—diabetes mellitus and diabetes insipidus. To Prepare
- Review Chapter 19 in the Huether and McCance text and Chapter 18 in the Hammer and McPhee text. Identify the pathophysiology of diabetes mellitus and diabetes insipidus. Consider the similarities and differences between resulting alterations of hormonal regulation.
- Select two of the following patient factors: genetics, gender, ethnicity, age, or behavior. Think about how the factors you selected might impact the diagnosis and prescription of treatment for these two types of diabetes.
By Day 3Post an explanation of the pathophysiology of diabetes mellitus and diabetes insipidus. Describe the differences and similarities between resulting alterations of hormonal regulation. Then explain how the factors you selected might impact the diagnosis and prescription of treatment for these two types of diabetes. Note: For this Discussion, you are required to complete your initial post before you will be able to view and respond to your colleagues’ postings. Begin by clicking on the "Post to Discussion Question" link and then select "Create Thread" to complete your initial post. Remember, once you click on Submit, you cannot delete or edit your own posts, and you cannot post anonymously. Please check your post carefully before clicking on Submit!
Discussion, compare two types of diabetes—diabetes mellitus and diabetes insipidus. is rated 4.8/5 based on 471 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »Describe the HPI and clinical impression for the client Bipolar Disorder
- »Respond to at least two of your colleagues who selected a different factor than you, in one of the following ways: Make a suggestion based on additional evidence drawn from readings or after synthesizing multiple postings. Share insights based on your o
- »Cardiovascular disease for African American Women
- »Primary Care of the Maturing and Aged Family
- »Discern leadership approaches that facilitate achievement of health outcomes through interprofessional collaborative practice within micro-, meso-, and macro-level systems
- »Understand epigenetics and DNA methylation
- »Blue Men Worksheet
- »Safeguarding Children
- »Manual Therapy
- »Global Health Comparison Grid Template
- »Professional Communication Cultural
- »Recommend psychopharmacologic treatments based on therapeutic endpoints for clients with depression disorder
- »Business Planning
- »Environmental Health
- »The AACN Essentials of Baccalaureate Education for Professional Nursing Self-Assessment
- »Standardized Procedure
- »medical chart for one individual patient
- »VARK Analysis
- »Pneumocytis Pneumonia
- »Explain how Poor Performance Outcomes Leading to a Reduction in Medicare Reimbursement Dollars
- »Evaluate the effects of the global nursing shortage on health policy. How has the shortage affected the United Nations Millennium Development Goals? Analyze how nursing ideas, values, and beliefs impact policy agenda. Identify when policy can dictate trea
- »Topic - Reimbursement Methodologies:
- »PICOT Statement Paper
- »Capstone Nursing Help
- »The Dilemma: Continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) may not be a reasonable option for treating apnea; polypharmacy is needed but complicated by adverse effects
- »Implementation Of The IOM Future Of Nursing Report
- »Nursing Informatics Pioneers
- »Ethical Conduct Of Research
- »Assignment - Diversity In Health Care Essay
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed