Discussion: Special Topics in Child and Adolescent PsychiatryMany children face special issues that impact everyday life, whether it is within themselves, their families, or their environment. Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner (PMHNP) must be sensitive to these many issues that children and adolescents are faced with during important developmental years. In this Discussion, you select a special population and analyze the psychological issues that the population faces. You also address the assessment and treatment needs of the population. To Prepare for the Discussion: · Review the Learning Resources. · Select one of the following topics for the Discussion: o Adoption o Foster care o Gender dysphoria o Forensic issues o Impact of terrorism on children Assignment · Write your selected disorder in the subject line of your Discussion post. · Explain the psychological issues that may result from your topic. · Describe the most effective assessment measure that could be used, and explain why you selected this. · Explain the treatment options available for children and adolescents involved with your selected disorder. · Explain how culture may influence treatment. Learning Resources Required Readings Sadock, B. J., Sadock, V. A., & Ruiz, P. (2014). Kaplan & Sadock’s synopsis of psychiatry: Behavioral sciences/clinical psychiatry (11th ed.). Philadelphia, PA: Wolters Kluwer.
- Chapter 31, “Child Psychiatry” (pp. 1279–1323)
- “Somatic Symptom and Related Disorders”
- “Other Conditions That May Be a Focus of Clinical Attention”
- “Assessment Measures”
- “Cultural Formulation”
- Chapter 19, “Legal Issues in the Care and Treatment of Children With Mental Health Disorders” (pp. 239–249)
- Chapter 49, “Forensic Psychology” (pp. 636–647)
Discussion: Special Topics in Child and Adolescent Psychiatry is rated 4.8/5 based on 542 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »Epidemiology and Communicable Disease
- »Describe one internal and one external method for the dissemination of your EBP project results
- »Theory of Transpersonal Caring (Jean Watson) Student Presentation and Theory Critique
- »Advocating for the nursing role in program Design and implementation
- »Monitoring Tools for Compliance Plans
- »Project Milestone One Topic Selection And Rationale
- »Community Health Assessment
- »Nursing Community
- »Pros And Cons Of Mandatory Continuing Nursing Education
- »DNP- Population Management
- »To complete this assignment, you will need to access to the following databases: CINAHL, MEDLINE, Cochrane Library, and the Joanna Briggs Institute
- »Soap Note 2 Chronic Conditions
- »Refinement of a Nursing Concern into an Evidence-based Practice Proposal Using the Research Process
- »Nursing Assignment
- »Advanced Physiology And Pathophysiology-Case Study- Disorders Of Fluid And Electrolyte Balance
- »In reviewing the lessons that we have touched upon this quarter, discuss how the efficient, effective use of resources (human, physical, financial, and technological) affects the continuity of care within and across healthcare settings in the community.
- »Professional Association Membership
- »Health care organizations strive for a culture of safety. Yet despite technological advances, quality care initiatives, oversight, ongoing education and training, laws, legislation and regulations, medical errors continue to occur. Some are small and easi
- »According to the health promotion model developed by Becker (1993), what four variables influence the selection and use of health promotion behaviors?
- »In this Module’s Discussion, you were introduced to the concept of an academic portfolio to begin building your own brand.
- »Cultural Competence & Healthy People 2020
- »Thinking Like A Nurse
- »Health Assesment
- »Advance Research Method: Evidence-based Practice
- »Create a SOAP note for disease prevention, health promotion, and acute care of the patient in the clinical case
- »Evaluate the effectiveness of the sampling method
- »Strengths-Based Leadership
- »DNP- Translational Research And Evidence-Based Practice
- »Statistics Assignment Graphing
- »Civility In The Workplace
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed