Discussion: Quality And SafetyRequired Media Video: Laureate Education (Producer). (2015). Incident in the ER: Part 1 [Video file]. Baltimore, MD: Author. Note: The approximate length of this media piece is 4 minutes. Note: As a reminder, additional Learning Resources for the week are listed below the Media Player. Be sure to scroll to the bottom of the web page to view the complete list of Required and Optional Resources. If you experience technical difficulties viewing the Course Media through the Media Player, please contact your Student Support Team at 1-800-WALDENU or firstname.lastname@example.org Video: Laureate Education (Producer). (2015). Incident in the ER: Part 2. [Video file]. Baltimore, MD: Author. Note: The approximate length of this media piece is 3 minutes. Video: Laureate Education (Producer) (2015). Monitoring quality and ensuring patient safety [Video file]. Baltimore, MD: Author. Note: The approximate length of this media piece is 28 minutes. Discussion: Quality and Safety A patient is prescribed an antibiotic for an illness caused by a virus. The patient is allergic to this antibiotic and has a severe adverse reaction that is life-threatening. If you were a leader or manager in the hospital in which this occurred, would you understand what aspects of quality and safety were at issue here? Would you be able to identify this as a problem of overuse, underuse, or misuse? What would your responsibilities be in this situation? This is just one example of a scenario related to safety in a healthcare setting. Errors in quality and safety happen every day in healthcare organizations. Quality and safety remain critical issues for healthcare leaders and managers as well as patients and other stakeholders today. Because healthcare leaders and managers hold matters of life and death in their hands, it is imperative that they be vigilant in matters of quality and safety, and understand that quality might be perceived differently depending on who you ask. Therefore, it is important that healthcare leaders consider the perspectives of stakeholders. To prepare for this discussion: Carefully review your Learning Resources. View the two media pieces: Incident in the ER: Part I and Incident in the ER: Part 2. Consider how both healthcare managers handled the incident in both situations. What did the two individuals do wrong? What did they do right to ensure better quality and safety in the future? Select one of the two case studies provided to discuss: “Trouble with the Pharmacy—Case for Chapter 7,” or “On Being Transparent.” Seek additional resources to support your Discussion from one of these website resources on healthcare quality:Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality http://www.ahrq.gov/qual/ Institute for Healthcare Improvement http://www.ihi.org/ihi The Joint Commission http://www.jointcommission.org/ By Day 4 Post a comprehensive response to the following: Describe how issues of quality of care and safety might be viewed from the perspective of each of the following:A patient A healthcare provider A healthcare leader or manager Describe the similarities between these perspectives. Describe the differences between these perspectives. Explain the role of a healthcare leader or manager in addressing quality and safety challenges in the case study you chose. Then, provide a specific example of a strategy that might help ensure future quality and safety by protecting patients from quality and safety errors.
Discussion: Quality And Safety is rated 4.8/5 based on 431 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »Describe the factors that impact health and health care delivery associated with a global health care issue
- »Assignment - Concept Map
- »nterprofsessional teams are part of practice trends we see developing in all aspects of care delivery. Consider you own work environment (or recent clinical setting)
- »Examine the fundamentals of healthcare finances, assets, budgets, cost and financial analysis
- »Real-Life Scenarios And How They Relate To Nursing Codes In Your Professional Practice.
- »Client Termination Summary
- »Respiratory System · Identify the structure and function of the respiratory system.
- »An article I found interesting on Science Daily was an article titled “Pupil Dilation and Heart Rate, analyzed by AI, May Help Spot Autism Early”. This article suggests that two simple quantifiable measures could allow for earlier recognition and diagnos
- »annotated bibliography and summary based on your research related to best practices addressing a current health care problem or issue of interest to you
- »What does that figure mean to you? How do you as a professional nurse demonstrate good citizenship?
- »I will do the nursing autobiography, just need the rest: Concept Synthesis Paper on Personal Nursing Philosophy
- »Scholarly Paper.. Nursing
- »Business Ideas For Nurse Practitioner Entrepreneurs Presentation
- »Initiating Change
- »Application Of Servant Leadership In A Health Care Setting
- »Peer Engagement Forum
- »What type of drug should you prescribe based on your patient’s diagnosis? How much of the drug should the patient receive?
- »Urology and Obstetrics & Gynecology Departments
- »Identifying A Health Care-Related Problem And A Target Population
- »Reading Research Literature Worksheet
- »Leininger's Culture Care Model
- »Application: Planned Change in a Department or Unit
- »Assignment Combining Nurse Leader With Advocacy
- »Review the World Health Organization’s (WHO) global health agenda and select one global health issue to focus on for this Assignment.
- »COMPLIANCE AND BREACH OF PROTOCOLS FOR HCA
- »Review The Case Study And Answer All Questions
- »Transcultural Nurse
- »What is a health care organization's administrative role regarding oversight of risk management policies and ensuring compliance with managed care organization (MCOs) standards?
- »Discuss scientific communication from an ethical perspective and how the scientific community attempts to monitor the information that is communicated.
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed