Discussion: Interprofessional Collaborative Practice and Advanced Practice NursesInterprofessional practice requires that health care practitioners recognize that patient outcomes are better when there is a collaborative team approach in addressing patient health issues. Also, there are barriers to interprofessional practice that must be addressed among health care practitioners. The Interprofessional Education Collaborative (IPEC) is an initiative including multiple professions designed to advance interprofessional education so that students entering health care professions are able to view collaboration as the norm and seek collaborative relationships with other providers (IPEC, 2011). This week your Discussion will focus on interprofessional practice. This Discussion is an opportunity for you to examine your perspective and experiences with interprofessional collaborative practice and to apply your knowledge to managing patient care. To prepare: Identify a professional nursing organization and review their position on interprofessional practice Review the following case study: Case Study: Ms. Tuckerno has been diagnosed with multiple sclerosis (MS). The patient receives care at an internal medicine clinic. Her internist is not in the office today and she is being treated by the nurse practitioner. The patient is on two medications for her MS, three different blood pressure medications, one medication for thyroid disease, one diabetic pill daily, insulin injections twice a day, she uses medical cannabis, and uses eye drops for glaucoma. Upon assessing the patient, the nurse practitioner (NP) decides her treatment plan should be adjusted. The NP discontinues some of the patient’s meds and discontinues medical cannabis. She orders the patient to follow up in two weeks. The patient returns and is seen by her internist. The internist speaks with the patient and reviews her medical chart. The internist states to the patient, "I am dissatisfied with the care you received from the nurse practitioner." The internist places the patient back on originally prescribed medications and medical cannabis. By Day 3 Post an explanation of your understanding of interprofessional practice. Also, explain the position on interprofessional practice for a professional nursing organization that you are a member of or of which you plan to become a member. Then, explain what you think is the best collaborative approach to manage Ms. Tuckerno’s care. Read a selection of your colleagues’ responses. By Day 7 Respond to at least two of your colleagues on two different days who shared a different perspective than you did. Based on your personal and/or professional experiences, expand on your colleagues’ postings by providing additional insights or contrasting perspectives.
Discussion: Interprofessional Collaborative Practice and Advanced Practice Nurses is rated 4.8/5 based on 656 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »Describe the pathophysiological mechanisms of chronic asthma and acute asthma exacerbation. Be sure to explain the changes in the arterial blood gas patterns during an exacerbation
- »Choose two terms from the Elements of Fiction lecture and apply them to "The Fall of the House of Usher."
- »Journal of Ayurveda and Integrative Medicine
- »Payment structures used in the health care industry
- »Development Of The Health Care System Of The German And Canadian French Heritage Culture .
- »SUSTAINABLE GOAL DEVELOPMENT PROJECT FACT SHEET Malaria
- »National initiatives driven by the American Nurses Association have determined nursing-quality outcome indicators that are intended to focus plans and programs to increase quality and safety in patient care
- »In this Discussion, you will identify a recently proposed health policy and share your analysis of the evidence in support of this policy.
- »Poor Patient Outcome
- »As an advanced registered nurse, what will your role be in advocating for equitable population health services and policies? Do you anticipate any challenges or barriers to "population advocacy"?
- »In 250-300 words, explain the Christian perspective of the nature of spirituality and ethics in contrast to the perspective of postmodern relativism within health care.
- »Human Sexuality
- »Discussion Board Assignment
- »‘‘Allow Natural Death’’ versus ‘‘Do Not Resuscitate’’: What Do Patients with Advanced Cancer Choose?
- »EVIDENCE-BASED PRACTICE
- »Health Education And Health Promotion
- »People Of Mexican Heritage.
- »Leading Servant Organizations
- »Discuss transformational leadership and how it applies to a RN in the outpatient clinic
- »Apply the concepts of pharmacotherapeutics, pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, and pharmacogenomics to the use of specific medication classifications in specific health conditions and in consideration of medication side/adverse effects, nursing implicati
- »Written Assignment - Stroke Concept Map
- »Assignment Psychotherapeutic Approaches to Group Therapy for Addiction
- »PLAGIARISM WORKSHEET
- »Case Study Health Care of the Older Adult
- »After working with your preceptor to assess organizational policies, create a list of measurable outcomes for your capstone project intervention. Write a list of three to five outcomes for your proposed intervention.
- »Risk assessment Screening test Time of screening Intervention
- »Issues In Health Care Reform (Interview)
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed