Discussion: Health Data StandardsHealth Data Standards Discussion What are health data standards and how do they relate to your role as an informaticist? Health data standards are the agreed upon representations of nursing data. From the coding of medical processes to documentation formats and terminology definitions, health data standards help to align nursing language. Being knowledgeable in health data standards is imperative to the data aggregation and informatics system selection process. It is the informaticist’s responsibility to not only understand the nursing domains of each standard, but also to be educated on the standards development organizations (SDO) that create, maintain, and approve these standards. In this Discussion, you explore one health data standard of your choosing. For the purposes of this Discussion, do not focus on the standardization of nursing terminologies, as you will examine those in next week’s Discussion. To prepare: Review the health data standards presented in this week’s Learning Resources. How does each provide a framework to align the terminologies and data sets used in health care settings? Reflect upon your current health care setting. Does your setting currently use any of the standards outlined by a specific organization? Why? How might standards impact the documentation processes of your setting? Furthermore, which standards might most apply to you in your work as a nurse? Note: If you are not currently working in a health care setting, select a setting with which you are familiar for this Discussion. By Day 3 Post a description of the health data standards(1 or 2) your setting(VHA "Veterans Health Administration) uses and how these standards impact documentation and your specific nursing role (ICU RN Nurse). Explain how standard development organizations impact your health care setting.
Discussion: Health Data Standards is rated 4.8/5 based on 155 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »Lab Assignment: Write A Termination Letter
- »Discuss Neurological Disorder -Spinal Tumor/Cancers
- »Epidemiology of Health and Illness. Community Health Planning Implementation and evaluation
- »Market Expansion and Drivers Management
- »Discuss the Peer reply Understanding productivity and value
- »develop your own career mapping concept map (which highlights your own stages of progression)
- »Nursing Theory UTILIZATION & APPLICATION
- »Head To Toe Assessment Assignment
- »What Role Do You Envision Yourself Having In Public Health
- »Project on - Venice Family Clinic Item budget proposal - Electronic Health Record (EHR) Systems
- »After working with your preceptor to assess organizational policies, create a list of measurable outcomes for your capstone project intervention. Write a list of three to five outcomes for your proposed intervention. Below each outcome, provide a one or t
- »Gastrointestinal Tract: Disorders Of Motility
- »Reflect on a pediatric patient who presented with an eye, ear, nose, or throat disorder during your Practicum experience
- »Physical and/or mental deficits that limit a person’s ability
- »Transforming Nursing And Healthcare Through Technology
- »community characteristics portion of the community assessment
- »Art Appreciation
- »Religion In Sixteenth- And Seventeenth-Century European Art
- »Promoting Healthcare Quality
- »Analyze How Gender Is Created By Society, Specifically Looking At Children's Toys And/Or Clothing
- »Discussion - Nursing Interventions To Reduce Stressors
- »Unlicensed Assistive Personnel and the Registered Nurse
- »Research Mathematical Analysis
- »End-Of-Life Decisions
- »Describe three of the factors that you think drive up health care costs and (b) Explain what do you think an individual can do to have and impact on personal and overall health care cost?
- »Capstone Project Topic Selection and Approval
- »Discussion Post
- »Nutrition Research Paper
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed