Discussion: Guidelines on Screening ProceduresThe goal of health promotion and education is to help prevent disease in patients. However, this is not always successful, and disease it not always preventable. With disease, early detection is ideal, often making screening procedures a routine part of clinical care. Unfortunately, many patients do not utilize these health services. This can be attributed to lack of awareness or access to care, financial concerns, or even levels of comfort with health care providers. In your role as the advanced practice nurse, you must be aware of potential obstacles for patients and implement strategies to ensure patients receive necessary screenings. Although a variety of screening procedures are recommended for women at various stages of life, not all screenings are appropriate for all patients. Understanding the strengths and limitations of each screening, as well as current guidelines for use is essential to effectively facilitate patient care. For this Discussion, the course Instructor will assign a specific topic for you to research. To prepare: Review this week’s media presentation, as well as Chapters 6 and 8 of the Tharpe et al. text and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services article in the Learning Resources. Research guidelines on screening procedures for the topic assigned to you by the course Instructor (e.g., guidelines on screening for domestic violence, safety, nutrition, osteoporosis, heart disease, mental health, eating disorders, thyroid disease, pap smear, mammogram, cancer, and sexually transmitted infections). Note: The course Instructor will assign a topic to you by Day 1 of this week. Reflect on strengths and limitations of the screening guidelines. Consider how the guidelines might support your clinical decision making. By Day 3 Post an explanation of the guidelines on screening procedures for the topic assigned to you. Include an explanation of strengths and limitations of the guidelines. Then, explain how the guidelines might support your clinical decision making. ASSIGNED TOPIC IS CERVICAL CANCER
Discussion: Guidelines on Screening Procedures is rated 4.8/5 based on 948 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »Using Health Information Technology As A Source Of Evidence-Based Practice
- »Use the "Translational Research Graphic Organizer Template" to compare three types of translational research with traditional (qualitative or quantitative) research.
- »Audit Methodologies
- »Respiratory Clinical Case Patient Setting:
- »Information Security in a World of Technology
- »nurse client relationships often begin during periods of disruption, uncertainty, and unpredictability in patient’s lives
- »Example Health Promotion Strategies & Tactics
- »ASSIGNMENT: Educate Consumers on Patient Portal Usage
- »Assignment 1: “Captain Of The Ship” Project – Bipolar Disorders
- »Assessment 1 Context The Regulatory Environment
- »PROPOSED PRACTICUM PROJECT
- »Discuss The Use Of Evidence-Based Guidelines In Practice By Patient Provider, Healthcare Agency
- »Evolving Role of the Nursing Informatics Specialist
- »Human Experience Across The Health- Illness Continuum
- »Assessment Tools And Diagnostics Test In Adults And Children
- »Case Study – Mobilizing The Masses
- »This assignment provides the opportunity for the student to complete their MSN EBP proposal. This assignment includes the final sections of the proposal which are data collection, analysis, evaluation, dissemination of results, and conclusion.
- »In this assignment, you will conduct a discrete and respectful community observation of an Alcoholics Anonymous meeting. Locate and attend a local Alcoholics Anonymous meeting in your area. Explain to the meeting leader that you are a nursing student stud
- »Half of nation’s hospitals fail again to escape Medicare’s readmission penalties
- »Soap Note
- »Nursing Scholarly Activities
- »Scholarly Activity Summary
- »Discuss how you will use your current leadership skill set to advocate for change in your workplace.
- »Pharmacotherapy For Cardiovascular Disorder
- »Evidence Visual Aid
- »Case Study
- »Examine the importance of professional associations in nursing. Choose a professional nursing organization that relates to your specialty area, or a specialty area in which you are interested
- »Case Study On Death And Dying Case Study On Death And Dying
- »Reflect on the concepts and practices you have learned in NR506 on healthcare systems, politics, and health policy.
- »Research The Health Illness Continuum And It Relevant To Patient Care.
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed