Discussion: Comparing Frameworks for Analyzing OrganizationsAvedis Donabedian’s work generated a pivotal means of assessing organizational performance relative to structure, process, and outcomes. However, it is clearly not sufficient to view health care quality merely in terms of outcomes—the structures and processes that facilitate these outcomes are equally as important. In this Discussion, you consider multiple frameworks that can be used to analyze an organization. As you proceed, consider how these frameworks allow you to examine the interplay of interdependent and related parts and processes that comprise the systems within an organization, as well as the arrangements or structures that connect these parts. To prepare: Investigate and reflect on the systems and structures of an organization with which you are familiar. Consider the following: What is the reporting structure? Who holds formal and informal authority? How many layers of management are there between the frontline and the highest office-holders of the organization? How are interdisciplinary teams organized? How is communication facilitated? How well integrated is decision making among clinical personnel and administrative professionals? How are particular service lines organized? Which departments, groups, and/or individuals within the organization are responsible for monitoring matters related to performance, such as quality and finances? Select two of the following frameworks: Learning organizations, presented in the Elkin, Haina, and Cone article Complex adaptive systems (CAS), presented in the Nesse, Kutcher, Wood, and Rummans article Clinical microsystems, presented in the Sabino, Friel, Deitrick, and Sales-Lopez article Good to great, presented in the Geller article The 5 Ps, presented in the ASHP Foundation article Review the Learning Resources for each of the frameworks that you selected. Also conduct additional research to strengthen your understanding of how to use each framework to assess an organization. Compare the two frameworks. How could each framework be used to identify opportunities to improve performance? In particular, how would you use each of these frameworks to analyze the organization that you have selected?
Discussion: Comparing Frameworks for Analyzing Organizations is rated 4.8/5 based on 261 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »Script writing between patients and nurse
- »Discuss the importance of effective communication in the personal relationship, the therapeutic relationship, and the relationship within the interprofessional health-care team.
- »Quality Measures To Improve Patient Safety
- »health assessment
- »Global Events
- »Regardless of political affiliation, individuals often grow concerned when considering perceived competing interests of government and their impact on topics of interest to them
- »Discussion: Pain
- »The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA), passed in 2010, is a collection of laws that were created to reform health insurance and healthcare.
- »Break-even Analysis Assignment
- »Evidence-Based Practice Project—Paper on Diabetes
- »What features of sexually transmitted diseases review?
- »This Is Capstone Project On Adult Obesity
- »The American Cancer Society (ACS) is a nationwide, community-based, voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem. Together with its supporters, ACS is committed to helping people stay well and get well by finding
- »Concept Process Assignment
- »Knee Injury Case Studies
- »Nursing Project
- »Draft Physician Assisted Suicide
- »Creating Visual Data
- »Identify a specific instance from your own professional experience in which the values of the organization and the values of the individual nurses did or did not align. Describe the impact this had on nurse engagement and patient outcomes
- »PERSUASIVE WRITING
- »As an advanced registered nurse, what will your role be in advocating for equitable population health services and policies?
- »This study identifies the healthcare education needs of incarcerated women in a state corrections facility
- »Value-Based Reimbursement: The Banner Health Network Experience
- »Theory of Integral Nursing & Practice
- »Literature Review: State Of Current Industry Knowledge (Health Informatics)
- »Assignment: Asthma Complications of asthma can be sudden
- »IOM Future Of Nursing Report And Nursing
- »Clinical Practice
- »Recommending An Evidence-Based Practice Change
- »The Nurse as Advocate Whether nurses are advocating for their patients, health care, and/or policies that improve people’s lives, the advocacy processes have commonalities that transcend the subject of their advocacy.
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed