Differential Diagnoses And PediatricsIn this discussion, you will need to begin to explore your future role as a masters-prepared nurse and consider potential differential diagnoses for a child after reading a brief scenario. Please answer the following: 1. What are the priority areas of concern for the masters-prepared nurse to consider in reviewing the individual’s diagnostic test results? 2. What are the usual treatment options for individuals suffering from his condition based on the potential differential diagnoses? Explain your rationale for your choices, citing resources from the literature. John, a four-year-old boy, is being admitted to your unit for further treatment, management, and confirmation of diagnostic test results. His most recent complete blood count revealed a total white blood count of 250,000/µL. John has loss of appetite, is easily bruised, has gums that bleed frequently, and has marked fatigue. The physical exam reveals that he has splenomegaly, pale skin color, an oral temperature of 102°F, and some upper abdomen tenderness. 3. What would you expect the patient to look like? What are the risks associated with the medical and nursing interventions? What are your plans to address these potential risk factors as a master’s-prepared nurse?
Differential Diagnoses And Pediatrics is rated 4.8/5 based on 715 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »Reflect on strategies that you can pursue in developing portfolios or portfolio elements that focus on academic achievements.
- »Assignment: National Patient Safety Goals
- »Discussion: Searching Databases
- »A PICOT starts with a designated patient population in a particular
- »Research Proposal Draft
- »Safeguarding children professional responsibility and partnership working activity.
- »Psychiatric Assessment Of The Adult And Older Adult
- »Discuss The Difference Between A Positive Linear Relationship And A Negative Linear Relationship
- »write an analysis of one of Hamlet's soliquoys and craft two soliquoys of your own
- »Public Health Law And Policy
- »Case Study: Fetal Abnormality
- »Diabetes and Drug Treatments
- »Reviewing The Literature
- »Nursing Information Technology Management
- »Delivering Effective Presentations
- »Off-Label Drug Use In Pediatrics
- »Clinical Case Decision Instructruction
- »Assignment: Leadership Styles And Decision-Making
- »Discussion Of Triaxial Of Action: Policy, Politics, And Nursing
- »Personality Disorder
- »Collaborative Decision Making Through Shared Governance
- »Decisions About Nursing Specialty
- »Identify personal opportunities for improvement in providing culturally competent care.
- »Assignment: Workplace Environment Assessment
- »Developmental Assessment And The School-Aged Child
- »Clinical Decision Case Assignment
- »Vila Health: Marketing Plan
- »Evidence level and quality rating
- »Assignment: Adaptive Response
- »Community Assessment
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed