Diabetes And Drug TreatmentEach year, 1.5 million Americans are diagnosed with diabetes (American Diabetes Association, 2019). If left untreated, diabetic patients are at risk for several alterations, including heart disease, stroke, kidney failure, neuropathy, and blindness. There are various methods for treating diabetes, many of which include some form of drug therapy. The type of diabetes as well as the patient’s behavior factors will impact treatment recommendations. For this Discussion, you compare types of diabetes, including drug treatments for type 1, type 2, gestational, and juvenile diabetes. Reference: American Diabetes Association. (2019). Statistics about diabetes. Retrieved from http://diabetes.org/diabetes-basics/statistics/ To Prepare · Review the Resources for this module and reflect on differences between types of diabetes, including type 1, type 2, gestational, and juvenile diabetes. · Select one type of diabetes to focus on for this Discussion. · Consider one type of drug used to treat the type of diabetes you selected, including proper preparation and administration of this drug. Then, reflect on dietary considerations related to treatment. · Think about the short-term and long-term impact of the diabetes you selected on patients, including effects of drug treatments. · Post a brief explanation of the differences between the types of diabetes, including type 1, type 2, gestational, and juvenile diabetes. Describe one type of drug used to treat the type of diabetes you selected, including proper preparation and administration of this drug. Be sure to include dietary considerations related to treatment. Then, explain the short-term and long-term impact of this type of diabetes on patients. including effects of drug treatments. Be specific and provide examples. Resources for references – Need 3+ reference Rosenthal, L. D., & Burchum, J. R. (2018). Lehne’s pharmacotherapeutics for advanced practice providers. St. Louis, MO: Elsevier. · Chapter 46, “Drugs for Diabetes Mellitus” (pp. 485–509) · Chapter 47, “Drugs for Thyroid Disorders” (pp. 511–520) American Diabetes Association. (2018). Pharmacologic approaches to glycemic treatment: Standards of medical care in diabetes—2018. Diabetes Care, 41(Supplement 1), S73–S85. Retrieved from http://care.diabetesjournals.org/content/41/supplement_1/s73.full-text.pdf This article provides guidance on pharmacologic approaches to glycemic treatment as it pertains to treating patients with diabetes. Reflect on the content of this article as you continue to examine potential drug treatments for patients with diabetes.
Diabetes And Drug Treatment is rated 4.8/5 based on 850 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »Discussion—Strength and Weakness of the EBPH in Defining a Public Health Problem
- »Transcultural Health Care: A Culturally Competent Approach
- »Interview a person of your choice (they may be your parents, relatives, or friends) using the questions approved by your instructor.
- »Advantages Or Disadvantages Of Qualitative And Quantitative Methods
- »The first step of the evidence-based practice process is to evaluate a nursing practice environment to identify a nursing problem in the clinical area
- »What are some of the challenges facing major religious traditions in the modern world? As nurses, what are some of the particular issues that you might encounter with patients regarding the intersection of faith and healthcare
- »Rural and Migrant Health
- »Cultural Group
- »Combining Nursing Leader With Advocacy
- »Writing Sample: The Connection Between Academic and Professional Integrity
- »Developing Organizational Policies And Practices
- »You Are An Epidemiologist, And Have Been Asked To Speak At Career Day For Myers College, A Community College In Your Area. The Theme Of This Year's Career Day Is "Little Known Health Science Fields." Epidemiology Has Been Identified As One
- »In this Assignment you will continue developing your Academic Success and Professional Development Plan by developing the fifth component--a portfolio for your academic and professional efforts.
- »Stakeholder support is necessary for a successful change proposal project implementation. Consider your internal stakeholders, such as the facility, unit or health care setting where the change process is situated, and your external stakeholders, like an
- »Epidemiology /Nursing
- »Clinical Case Study Presentation
- »Managed Care Myths
- »STOCK EPINEPHRINE AUTO-INJECTORS IN SCHOOLS
- »Decision making is itself a very complex process of thoughts and sets up various challenges for patients and their families to make up an end-of-life care decision. Patients have a right to autonomously voice their end-of-life treatment choices and these
- »Discussion Posting-Pathophysiology Of Pain
- »Discussion Question
- »Assignment: Policy/Regulation Fact Sheet
- »Information System Presentation
- »Nutrition Assignment
- »What diagnostic testing will the Provider order to confirm a diagnosis of TB?
- »Describe the ways in which financial statements, financial calculations, and working capital are used in the organizational budget process
- »Organizational Influences On Community Health Practice
- »Politics And The Patient Protection And Affordable Care Act
- »Assessing Neurological
- »This is a Collaborative Learning Community (CLC) assignment.
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed