Define the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS)Team Project Scenario Casino Medical Center (CMC) in Las Vegas, a 600-bed hospital, has expanded significantly over the past 3 years. In an effort to respond to the increased workload of all hospital staff, the chief information officer (CIO) and the vice president of patient care services (VP-PCS) at CMC determined the need to analyze hospital processes throughout the organization. The CMC organizational analysis revealed a number of areas that needed improvement. At the same time, broad changes in regulatory requirements required immediate adjustments in processes. The organizational analysis was conducted across all departments and found the following organization-wide issues. ? Quality reviews discovered a hospital-wide medication administration error rate of 20% with some tasks identified as redundant tasks. ? Complying with new federal reporting requirements has increased the time needed to complete the medication administration process. CMC responded to the problem by purchasing an enterprise-wide health care information system from Topmost, one of the leading enterprise-software vendors in the country. The functionality of the system directly addresses the medication administration issues found in the organizational analysis. Several modules of an electronic health record system (EHRS) have already been implemented, as shown in the table below. As employees of Topmost, you and your team are charged with implementing this medication administration system for CMC, the final phase of the EHRS project. This medication administration system includes an electronic medication administration record (eMAR), Barcode Medication Administration (BCMA), and physical administration of medication. Note: For the remainder of this scenario, this whole process will be referred to as the Medication Administration System (MAS). Module Implementation Status Module in the HIS System Status of Module Implementation Fully implemented Partially implemented In pilot Not yet implemented ADT (Accounting System) X Order Entry/Results Reporting OE/RR) X Billing and Financials X Ambulatory and Acute Care Clinical Documentation System X © 2013 Laureate Education, Inc. 2 Module in the HIS System Status of Module Implementation Fully implemented Partially implemented In pilot Not yet implemented Laboratory X Medication Administration System (MAS) X Note that the Medication Administration System (MAS) module has not been implemented. The CIO and VP-PCS relate that there are a number of challenges associated with the CMC health care information system program, including the MAS project. One risk is that the initial implementation of the MAS may result in a temporary increase in medication errors. Another risk is that staff resistance to the new workflows and processes brought about by the MAS may cause delays in the completion of the implementation. In meetings with the CIO and VP, they state that the first task for the team is to develop the project charter. The MAS team is assigned specific elements to be included in the project charter: the mission of the project, the problem statement, the project objectives, key stakeholders, milestones, and risks for the project. A list of the team members and the team’s plan for collaboration on this project also will be integrated into the charter. A new chief medical information officer (CMIO) has been hired. This CMIO does not have the informatics expertise required to lead this critical and large project. However, the CMIO has gained solid experience on small-scale decision-support projects at a former institution while studying informatics in graduate school. The CMIO is looking forward to learning from you and your team. The budget for the MAS project is approved up to $1 million. If more than $1 million is needed to implement the project, the additional expenditure must be justified in a project plan that key stakeholders approve. The software application for the Medication Administration System and necessary hardware have already been purchased, but they have not been delivered. Your team has a timeline of 6 months to complete the MAS project.
Define the Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) is rated 4.8/5 based on 637 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »Motivation & Organizational Climate
- »Diary Of Medical Mission Trip
- »This is an individual assignment. Applying what you have learned thus far, develop a community teaching proposal designed to address the needs of your community
- »in-patient unit at a hospice to receive end-of-life care
- »Data Collection, Analysis, Evaluation, Dissemination of Results, and Conclusion
- »Which theory or theories are being used by Jessica, Marco, Maria, and Dr. Wilson to determine the moral status of the fetus? Explain.
- »Discussion Leadership Theories In Practice
- »Soap Note Gastritis “I am having vaginal itching and pain in my lower abdomen.”
- »Describe Your Vision Of Your Role As An APN
- »FNU Physical Assessment In Health Care Quiz
- »Credibility Of Quantitative Results
- »Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, mainly inattentive presentation
- »Cannabis Use In Medicine
- »Advanced Pharmacotherapeutics
- »Servant Leadership
- »How A Bill Becomes A Law
- »Reflection Journal
- »Describe the pathophysiological mechanisms of chronic asthma and acute asthma exacerbation. Be sure to explain the changes in the arterial blood gas patterns during an exacerbation
- »Choose two terms from the Elements of Fiction lecture and apply them to "The Fall of the House of Usher."
- »Journal of Ayurveda and Integrative Medicine
- »Payment structures used in the health care industry
- »Development Of The Health Care System Of The German And Canadian French Heritage Culture .
- »SUSTAINABLE GOAL DEVELOPMENT PROJECT FACT SHEET Malaria
- »National initiatives driven by the American Nurses Association have determined nursing-quality outcome indicators that are intended to focus plans and programs to increase quality and safety in patient care
- »In this Discussion, you will identify a recently proposed health policy and share your analysis of the evidence in support of this policy.
- »Poor Patient Outcome
- »As an advanced registered nurse, what will your role be in advocating for equitable population health services and policies? Do you anticipate any challenges or barriers to "population advocacy"?
- »In 250-300 words, explain the Christian perspective of the nature of spirituality and ethics in contrast to the perspective of postmodern relativism within health care.
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed