Create a one-page patient education tool that explains usage of a medication and factors that can affect outcomes. Then, write 2–3 pages in which you explain how the tool promotes patient safety and quality outcomes, and adheres to the principles and pDo any of these sound familiar?
- "I felt better right away, so I did not think I had to take the rest of the medicine."
- "Every time I took it, I threw up, so I just did not take it anymore."
- "I lost my health insurance a couple of months ago and cannot afford my medication all the time. I take it when I can afford to buy it. This is better than nothing, right?"
PreparationReview the suggested list of possible topics in Part 1 of the Requirements and then search the Capella library and the Internet for supporting resources. You will need to provide support for the information you choose to include in the patient education tool.
RequirementsComplete both Part 1 and Part 2 of this assessment. You may submit both parts in one document or submit them as separate documents. Be sure you complete both parts! Submit a total of 4–5 pages. Write no more than one page for Part 1. Write 2–3 pages, plus a separate reference page, for Part 2.
Part 1: Patient Education ToolComplete the following:
- Choose one of the following topics as the basis for your patient education tool:
- Antibiotics (Amoxil/Amoxicillin) for pediatric ear infections.
- Statin therapy (Zocor/Simvastatin) for a newly diagnosed patient with hypercholesterolemia.
- Antihypertensive (ACE inhibitors/Lisinopril/Zestril) for a patient who was discovered to have hypertension at a health screening at work.
- Drugs for treating gastric acidity (Proton pump inhibitors/antacids/H2 blockers) for a patient complaining of chronic indigestion and heartburn.
- Ear drops or eye drops (or both) for an elderly patient.
- Any newly released medication for a patient in your area of practice. This might be a new drug for diabetes, hypertension, or arthritis or a new antibiotic.
- Include the following in your patient education tool:
- Explain appropriate use of the medication.
- Identify specific factors (age, access, culture, and so on) that may affect the efficacy of the medication.
- Describe possible chemical interactions, side effects, or other negative reactions patients need to be aware of.
- Explain correct handling, storage, and disposal of the medication.
- Include any other information you feel would be beneficial and promote patient safety and quality outcomes.
Part 2: Evidence-Based PracticeProvide evidence for the information you included in the patient education tool:
- Explain how the information in the patient education tool promotes patient safety and quality outcomes.
- Explain how the patient education tool adheres to the principles and practices of cultural competence. In other words, is the tool appropriate for all cultures, genders, ages, et cetera; or could it be easily adapted for specific needs?
Create a one-page patient education tool that explains usage of a medication and factors that can affect outcomes. Then, write 2–3 pages in which you explain how the tool promotes patient safety and quality outcomes, and adheres to the principles and p is rated 4.8/5 based on 102 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »Professionalism And Social Media
- »Qualitative Research Critique! Please use article - False Alarms and Overmonitoring : Major Factors in Alarm Fatigue Among Labor Nurses
- »Maternal Response
- »Describe immunity as related to the human body. Take care to cite the elements involved.
- »Discussion: Healthcare Information Technology Trends
- »Compare and discuss the information in the Bullying
- »Schizophrenia In Adults VS Children
- »Breast Cancer among African American Women in the United States
- »describe the teaching experience and discuss your observations
- »Nursing Discussion
- »The Totalitarian Model: A False Utopia
- »Based On The Scenario, Explain What Was Done Successfully And Where Improvement Was Needed In The Quality Improvement Process. Identify The Performance Improvement Tools, And Explain How They Contributed To The Outcome
- »General Education Capstone
- »Risk Factors and Warning Signs
- »PowerPoint presentation for teaching a legal or ethical issue pertinent to nurse educators.
- »PICOT Question And Literature Search
- »The completed analysis should connect to your identified practice problem of interest that is the basis for your PICOT statement.
- »Analyze the role of professional regulation, the standard of care, and codes of ethics in determining healthcare providers' wide-ranging accountability to self, their profession, their patients, and the public
- »Program Evaluation
- »Hypothesis Testing And Confidence Interval
- »Nursing Critique Paper
- »Strategies To Review And Critique Literature Pertinent To Your Practice?
- »Discuss the importance of statistics and level of measurement as it relates to the research process
- »Identify A Problem Or Concern In Your Community, Organization, Etc. That Has The Capacity To Be Legislated.
- »Dimensions of Professional Nursing Practice Health Care Reform Paper
- »Workplace Environment Assessment
- »Discuss One Personal Strength And One Weakness You Have Regarding Professional Presentations
- »Transforming Nursing And Health Through Technology
- »Case Study Essay
- »Critique Two Primary Research Evidence Sources (Quantitative &Qualitative)
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed