Concepts of Teaching and Learning
Simple Lesson Plan Example 1. Introduction • This lesson will help young children, who happen to be hospitalized elementary-school students, review information about the food pyramid. 2. Purpose / Rationale for the Lesson • This lesson is important because it will help students learn more about healthy eating habits. • This lesson will provide the student with information that can be used after he/she has been discharged from the hospital. • The lesson will raise students’ awareness about the food pyramid. • The lesson will help students develop skills in using the Internet to find information. 3. Goals and Objectives Instructional Goals • The goal of this lesson is to raise students’ awareness about healthy eating and to provide printed material as well as Internet information for future reference. Learning Objectives Cognitive • As a result of this lesson, students will be able to identify specific foods in each category with 90% accuracy. Page 1 of 4 Simple Lesson Plan Example © 2005, South University
NSG4028 / Concepts of Teaching and Learning Affective • During a class discussion, students should be able to express their opinions about what constitutes healthy eating habits. Every student will participate in the discussion. Psychomotor • After a demonstration, students will able to search the Internet to find information about the food pyramid and complete a worksheet with 90% accuracy. 4. Instructional Methods and Evaluation of Learning Objective Content Instructional Method Time Allotted Resources Method of Assessment/Evaluation Cognitive Domain: Identify specific foods in each category Give a brief lecture about the food pyramid and its purpose. Use a lecture guide (handout) with pictures to guide students through the food groups. Invite students to participate in the discussion by asking them to identify foods in each category and check Lecture, Discussion 10 min. Handout For Learners: Group-Discussion Complete lecture guide/handout. For Instructor: Reflective Thoughts about Lesson Suggestions for Revision Page 2 of 4 Simple Lesson Plan Example © 2005, South University
NSG4028 / Concepts of Teaching and Learning Objective Content Instructional Method Time Allotted Resources Method of Assessment/Evaluation them off on the handout. Affective Domain: Express an opinion about what constitutes healthy eating habits Ask students to consider their normal eating habits and the foods they like to eat most often. Brainstorm a list of what students consider to be healthy eating habits. Ask students to give the reasons for their responses. Evaluate the list as a group. Agree on a list of healthy eating habits. Whole-group discussion Brainstorming 10 min. Chalk board or white board For Learners: Group-Discussion For Instructor: Reflective Thoughts about Lesson Suggestions for Revision Psychomotor Domain: Search the Internet to find information about the food pyramid Demonstrate how students can visit the Web site below. Ask them to read information provided for specific food groups. Demonstration Computer assisted instruction 20 min. PC or McIntosh Access to the Internet Web sites: Food Pyramid- For Learners: Worksheet For Instructor: Reflective Thoughts about Lesson Suggestions For Revision Page 3 of 4 Simple Lesson Plan Example © 2005, South University
NSG4028 / Concepts of Teaching and Learning Objective Content Instructional Method Time Allotted Resources Method of Assessment/Evaluation Have students identify suggested serving sizes and vitamin content, which they will use to complete the worksheet. Food Label
Concepts of Teaching and Learning is rated 4.8/5 based on 614 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »Do you think it is important for nurses to be involved in their professional organizations? Why or why not?
- »Lab Assignment: Respiratory Cleft Palate Essay
- »· Consider drugs used to treat asthmatic patients including long-term control and quick relief treatment options for patients. Think about the impact these drugs might have on patients including adults and children.
- »Standards Of Care
- »Assignment: Application: Taking a Stand Effective leaders have a high degree of self-awareness and know how to leverage their strengths in the workplace.
- »Based on "Case Study: Fetal Abnormality" and other required topic study materials, write a 750-1,000-word reflection on What is the Christian view of the nature of human persons, and which theory of moral status is it compatible with? How is thi
- »Diversity In Health Care Essay
- »Best Practices in Healthcare Facilities Capital Planning
- »Discussion - Conflicts Of Actuarial Fairness
- »Choose three scenarios and develop a Response Plan, in the form of an outline. Scenario One: Inpatient nephrology unit You are the new nurse manager for a busy nephrology medical/surgical unit in a large university medical center
- »Describe plan for data analysis for demographic variables (descriptive statistical tests)
- »describes the primary ways in which financial statements, financial calculations, and working capital are used in the organizational budget process
- »First Steps on Becoming a Grassroots Lobbyist/Advocate for Health Care Policy
- »Mandatory Minimum Staffing Ratios
- »Pharmacology Case Study
- »How Can Graphics And/Or Statistics Be Used To Misrepresent Data?
- »Emergency Plan For The Older Adult
- »Course Reflection Pathophysiology
- »Critical Appraisal Of Research
- »Leading Organizations
- »Legal Systems
- »Motivation & Organizational Climate
- »Diary Of Medical Mission Trip
- »This is an individual assignment. Applying what you have learned thus far, develop a community teaching proposal designed to address the needs of your community
- »in-patient unit at a hospice to receive end-of-life care
- »Data Collection, Analysis, Evaluation, Dissemination of Results, and Conclusion
- »Which theory or theories are being used by Jessica, Marco, Maria, and Dr. Wilson to determine the moral status of the fetus? Explain.
- »Discussion Leadership Theories In Practice
- »Soap Note Gastritis “I am having vaginal itching and pain in my lower abdomen.”
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed