CHEMICAL DOSE1. Calculate the dose rate and the absorbed dose for the Fricke dosimetric solution that was irradiated with Co-60 source during 3 hrs. The absorbance of the irradiated dosimetric solution (Fe3+), measured with UV/Vis-spectrophotometer in 1 cm cuvettes at the wavelength =304 nm, increased from 0.01 (initial) to 0.203 (irradiated). The molar absorptivity of ferric ions for this wavelength is ?304 = 2187 L mol1cm1, the density of the dosimetric solution is ?=1.024 g/mL, and the tabulated radiation chemical yield for gamma source 60Co is 1.6 µmol J1. A = ?cl 2. Calculate the dose rate and the absorbed dose for the ceric sulfate dosimetric solution that was irradiated with Co-60 source during 3 hrs. The absorbance of the irradiated dosimetric solution (Ce4+), measured with UV/Vis-spectrophotometer in 1 cm cuvettes at the wavelength =320 nm, decreased from 1.01 (initial) to 0.21 (irradiated). The molar absorptivity of ceric ions for this wavelength is ?320 = 561 L mol1cm1, density of the dosimetric solution is ?=1.025 g/mL and the G value for the cerous-ion yield is 2.3 molecules/100 eV for the gamma source 60Co. 3. Estimate the effect of alpha-autoradiolysis in the acidic aqueous solution of 239Pu with concentration of 0.03 mol/L of 239Pu: a) Considering the half-life T1/2=24111 y (=7.60364x1011 sec) and the alpha energy of 5.24 MeV, what is the weekly dose absorbed in 1L solution? E(alpha/Pu) = 5.24 MeV x 1.602.10-19 J/eV = 8.395x10-13 J b) The plutonium is originally in its hexavalent state, but is reduced to its tetravalent state (then precipitated) by the reaction with hydrogen radicals. If the radiation yield of hydrogen radicals is 0.2 umol/J, how much Pu(VI) is reduced in one week? Hint: [Pu6+ + 2H* = Pu4+ +2H+] 4. The count rates listed in the table below were measured for a mixture of two genetically independent radionuclides. Both radionuclides are beta- emitters, and they both precipitate in the solution of AgNO3. Identify the unknown radionuclides in the measured mixture, and calculate their initial activity (DE = 40%). Recall that precipitating of both the unknown radionuclides with silver nitrate indicates that both unknown elements are halogens.
CHEMICAL DOSE is rated 4.8/5 based on 173 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »Religion In Sixteenth- And Seventeenth-Century European Art
- »Promoting Healthcare Quality
- »Analyze How Gender Is Created By Society, Specifically Looking At Children's Toys And/Or Clothing
- »Discussion - Nursing Interventions To Reduce Stressors
- »Unlicensed Assistive Personnel and the Registered Nurse
- »Research Mathematical Analysis
- »End-Of-Life Decisions
- »Describe three of the factors that you think drive up health care costs and (b) Explain what do you think an individual can do to have and impact on personal and overall health care cost?
- »Capstone Project Topic Selection and Approval
- »Discussion Post
- »Nutrition Research Paper
- »report on an interview you have conducted with a health care professional. You will identify an issue from the interview that could be improved with an interdisciplinary approach, and review best practices and evidence to address the issue.
- »Investigating Pandemics And Epidemics
- »INTRODUCTION TO THE U.S. HEALTH CARE DELIVERY SYSTEM
- »Health Care Problem Analysis
- »Executive Summary assignment
- »Assignment: Global Healthcare Comparison Matrix and Narrative Statement.
- »Practicum Project Goals, Objectives, And Justification
- »Ethical and spiritual decision making in healthcare
- »Literature Review (Childhood Obesity)
- »What Do You Think Are Some Effective Tactics For APN Strategic Positioning Regarding Pay Equality? Should APNs Position Themselves As Lower-Cost Providers Who Provide Better Care Or Push For Comparable Worth, Same Service And Same Pay?
- »Components Of Healthcare
- »Assignment Quiz
- »Qualitative Research Designs
- »essay you must identify and discuss the legal and ethical issues presented in the case study
- »Discuss How is your employer responding to your project?
- »Reasoning In A Specialty Area
- »Discuss the history of present illness that you would take on this patient in preparation for the clinic visit. Include questions regarding Onset, Location, Duration, Characteristics, Aggravating Factors, Relieving Factors, Treatment, Severity
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed