Becoming Familiar With The DNP Scholarly ProjectAs a doctoral candidate, you will complete a DNP (Doctorate of Nursing Practice) Scholarly Project. Are you curious about what will be required of you? For this Assignment, you locate and read materials that pertain to your doctoral program at Walden University, and begin thinking about your DNP Scholarly Project. To prepare: DNP students: Review the DNP section of the Walden University website (http://researchcenter.waldenu.edu/DNP-Doctoral-Study-Program.htm. (type this in your browser and it will open the page) Carefully review the requirements for the DNP Scholarly Project process. Consider the steps and timeline you will work through to complete the DNP Scholarly project. To complete: Write a 1-page paper outlining the steps, timeline for completing the project / dissertation, and the documents you will use for the DNP Scholarly Project. Include the main guide document that identifies the processes and procedures for the appropriate doctoral project. After writing the 1-page,then: 1) Summarize the purpose of the DNP Scholarly Project. 2) Briefly describe a project that would be of interest to you and how you might go about completing that project. (Just write any project related to nursing. I haven’t thought about my project yet) Due by Day 6 of Week 5. On Saturday 7/1/17 Required Readings Zaccagnini, M. E., & White, K. W. (2014). The doctor of nursing practice essentials: A new model for advanced practice nursing (2nd ed.). Sudbury, MA: Jones & Bartlett. [Vital Source e-reader] [For DNP students ONLY] Chapter 9, “Emerging Roles for the DNP” Multiple advanced nursing practice roles are discussed in this chapter, including nurse administrator, nurse entrepreneur, public and community health practitioner, and integrative health practitioner. Institute of Medicine (IOM). (2010a). The future of nursing: Leading change, advancing health[Consensus report]. Washington, DC: National Academies Press. Retrieved from https://web.archive.org/web/20150211165201/http://iom.edu/Reports/2010/The-Future-of-Nursing-Leading-Change-Advancing-Health.aspx This link provides access to the complete IOM report (672 pages). You may read the report online or download a free PDF version. Institute of Medicine (IOM). (2010b). The future of nursing: Leading change, advancing health[Report brief]. Retrieved from https://web.archive.org/web/20150203150734/http://iom.edu/~/media/Files/Report%20Files/2010/The-Future-of-Nursing/Future%20of%20Nursing%202010%20Report%20Brief.pdf This IOM report highlights key messages regarding the future success of the nursing profession, with recommendations for practice, education and training, partnerships with other health care professionals, and workforce planning and policy making. Currey, J., Considine, J., & Khaw, D. (2011). Clinical nurse research consultant: A clinical and academic role to advance practice and the discipline of nursing. Journal of Advanced Nursing, 67(10), 2275–2283. Note: You will access this article from the Walden Library databases. Waxman, K. T., & Maxworthy, J. (2010). The doctorate of nursing practice degree and the nurse executive: The perfect combination. Nurse Leader, 8(2), 31–33. Note: You will access this article from the Walden Library databases. This article provides a clear comparison of the DNP degree with PhD/DNS/DScN degrees and articulates the value of the DNP degree to nurse executives. Required Media Laureate Education (Producer). (2011d). The professional role of the DNP-prepared nurse [Video file]. Retrieved from https://class.waldenu.edu Note: The approximate length of this media piece is 4 minutes. In this media program, Dr. Joan Stanley, Dr. Linda Beechinor, and Dr. Susan Stefan discuss the professional roles available to DNP-prepared nurses and the importance of intra- and interprofessional collaboration in those roles.
Becoming Familiar With The DNP Scholarly Project is rated 4.8/5 based on 409 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »Select a population health problem or issue of interest from the available studies. What type of translational research is used for the study?
- »Health Policy And Politics
- »What Is Research Versus Evidence Based Practice?
- »Suppose You Were Planning To Conduct A Statewide Study Of The Work Plans And Intentions Of Non employed Registered Nurses In Your State. Would You Ask Mostly Open-Ended Questions Or Closed-Ended Questions?
- »Assignment: Disorders of the Veins and Arteries
- »analyze the diagnostic criteria and treatment options of insomnia, hype somnolence, narcolepsy, sleep apnea, non-rapid eye movement, nightmare disorder, sleep behavior disorder, and other DSM-5 sleep and parasomnia disorders.
- »Ethical And Spiritual Decision Making In Health Care
- »Assignment: The Ethics and Legalities of Medication Error Disclosure
- »Evidence-Based Project Implementation Issues
- »Write A Reflection Of 750?1,000 Words In Which You Identify Your Strengths And Weaknesses Related To The Four Content
- »Disaster Preparedness
- »Inflammatory Bowel Disease Case Study
- »Develop a philosophy that supports advanced nursing practice reflecting the values, beliefs, and cultural competencies relative to nursing practice, science, and theory.
- »The Application Of Data To Problem-Solving
- »What's Your Leadership Style? Learn more about your strengths and weaknesses as a leader. How to Become a Better Leader
- »Stages Of Life Essay And Interview
- »Demonstrate integrity through the application of relevant codes of conduct and social responsibility within one's profession.
- »Nursing Theory And Conceptual Model Presentation
- »Professional Associations - "No man is an island."
- »Writing an Evaluation Report
- »Disseminating The EBP Project
- »Disseminating Results And Advancement Of The Profession
- »assignment: Ethics Handout
- »Caring For Populations Vulnerable Population Assessment
- »Role Strain and Burnout in Nursing
- »State the Healthy People 2020 focus
- »Discussion - Clinical Judgment
- »the clinic for a routine gynecologic exam
- »Discussion: Professional Nursing And State-Level Regulation
- »The Law of Healthcare Administration
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed