Assignment: Application: Taking a Stand Effective leaders have a high degree of self-awareness and know how to leverage their strengths in the workplace.Effective leaders have a high degree of self-awareness and know how to leverage their strengths in the workplace. Assessments are a valuable tool that professionals can use to learn more about themselves and consider how their temperament and preferences influence their interactions with others. As you engage in this learning process, it is important to remember that everyone—regardless of temperament type or related preferences—experiences some challenges with regard to leadership. The key to success is being able to recognize and leverage your own strengths while honoring differences among your colleagues. At some point in your leadership career, you will encounter an ethical or moral dilemma that requires you to take a stand and defend your position. For this Assignment, you evaluate an issue and consider how you could act as a moral agent or advocate, facilitating the resolution of the issue for a positive outcome. To prepare: · Consider the examples of leadership demonstrated in this week’s media presentation and the other Learning Resources. · To further your self-knowledge, you are required to complete the Kiersey Temperament as indicated in this week’s Learning Resources. Consider your leadership style, including your strengths for leading others and include your results from Kiersey Temperament Sorter to describe potential challenges related to your leadership style. · Mentally survey your work environment, or one with which you are familiar, and identify a timely issue/dilemma that requires you to perform the leadership role of moral agent or advocate to improve a situation (e.g., speaking or acting on behalf of a vulnerable patient, the need for appropriate staffing, a colleague being treated unfairly). · What ethical, moral, or legal skills, dispositions, and/or strategies would help you resolve this dilemma? Define the differences between ethical, moral, and legal leadership. · Finally, consider the values and principles that guide the nursing profession; the organization’s mission, vision, and values; the leadership and management competencies addressed in this course; and your own values and reasons for entering the profession. What motivation do you see for taking a stand on an important issue even when it is difficult to do so? To complete: Write a 4 to 5 page paper (page count does not include title and reference page) that addresses the following: · Introduce the conceptual frameworks of the ethical constructs of ethics, moral, or legal standards and the purpose of the paper. · Consider an ethical, moral, or legal dilemma that you have encountered in your work environment and describe it. · Analyze the moral, ethical, and legal implications utilized in this situation. Describe your role as a moral agent or advocate for this specific issue. · Consider your leadership styles identified by your self-assessment and determine if they act as a barrier or facilitation during this dilemma.
Assignment: Application: Taking a Stand Effective leaders have a high degree of self-awareness and know how to leverage their strengths in the workplace. is rated 4.8/5 based on 604 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »Evidence-Based Practice Presentation
- »While The Focus Of This Course Is Nursing Theory, Frequently The Use Of Non-Nursing Or Borrowed Theories Occurs. Select A Nursing Practice Area
- »Reflect on your current healthcare organization and think about potential opportunities for evidence-based change
- »Healthcare Strategic Management Final
- »Reflect on the various settings in which family nurse practitioners are able to work
- »This is a Collaborative Learning Community assignment.
- »Reflect back over your time in the course and describe how your thinking has changed about nursing research and evidence-based practice; describe one new learning during this course that you believe was the most helpful.
- »Medical Guidelines
- »Mandate Reporter Status
- »synthesize what you have discovered about the different advanced practice roles and scope of practice found in the master of nursing curriculum: APRNs, nurse educator, nurse informaticist, and nurse administrator/executive
- »Do you think it is important for nurses to be involved in their professional organizations? Why or why not?
- »Lab Assignment: Respiratory Cleft Palate Essay
- »· Consider drugs used to treat asthmatic patients including long-term control and quick relief treatment options for patients. Think about the impact these drugs might have on patients including adults and children.
- »Standards Of Care
- »Based on "Case Study: Fetal Abnormality" and other required topic study materials, write a 750-1,000-word reflection on What is the Christian view of the nature of human persons, and which theory of moral status is it compatible with? How is thi
- »Diversity In Health Care Essay
- »Best Practices in Healthcare Facilities Capital Planning
- »Discussion - Conflicts Of Actuarial Fairness
- »Choose three scenarios and develop a Response Plan, in the form of an outline. Scenario One: Inpatient nephrology unit You are the new nurse manager for a busy nephrology medical/surgical unit in a large university medical center
- »Describe plan for data analysis for demographic variables (descriptive statistical tests)
- »describes the primary ways in which financial statements, financial calculations, and working capital are used in the organizational budget process
- »First Steps on Becoming a Grassroots Lobbyist/Advocate for Health Care Policy
- »Mandatory Minimum Staffing Ratios
- »Concepts of Teaching and Learning
- »Pharmacology Case Study
- »How Can Graphics And/Or Statistics Be Used To Misrepresent Data?
- »Emergency Plan For The Older Adult
- »Course Reflection Pathophysiology
- »Critical Appraisal Of Research
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed