Assessing Client ProgressLearning Objectives Students will: · Assess progress for clients receiving psychotherapy · Differentiate progress notes from privileged notes · Analyze preceptor’s use of privileged notes To prepare: · Reflect on the client you selected for the Week 3 Practicum Assignment. · Review the Cameron and Turtle-Song (2002) article in this week’s Learning Resources for guidance on writing case notes using the SOAP format. The Assignment Part 1: Progress Note Using the client from your Week 3 Assignment, address the following in a progress note (without violating HIPAA regulations): · Treatment modality used and efficacy of approach · Progress and/or lack of progress toward the mutually agreed-upon client goals (reference the Treatment plan—progress toward goals) · Modification(s) of the treatment plan that were made based on progress/lack of progress · Clinical impressions regarding diagnosis and/or symptoms · Relevant psychosocial information or changes from original assessment (i.e., marriage, separation/divorce, new relationships, move to a new house/apartment, change of job, etc.) · Safety issues · Clinical emergencies/actions taken · Medications used by the patient (even if the nurse psychotherapist was not the one prescribing them) · Treatment compliance/lack of compliance · Clinical consultations · Collaboration with other professionals (i.e., phone consultations with physicians, psychiatrists, marriage/family therapists, etc.) · Therapist’s recommendations, including whether the client agreed to the recommendations · Referrals made/reasons for making referrals · Termination/issues that are relevant to the termination process (i.e., client informed of loss of insurance or refusal of insurance company to pay for continued sessions) · Issues related to consent and/or informed consent for treatment · Information concerning child abuse, and/or elder or dependent adult abuse, including documentation as to where the abuse was reported · Information reflecting the therapist’s exercise of clinical judgment Note: Be sure to exclude any information that should not be found in a discoverable progress note. Part 2: Privileged Note Based on this week’s readings, prepare a privileged psychotherapy note that you would use to document your impressions of therapeutic progress/therapy sessions for your client from the Week 3 Practicum Assignment. · The privileged note should include items that you would not typically include in a note as part of the clinical record. · Explain why the items you included in the privileged note would not be included in the client’s progress note. · Explain whether your preceptor uses privileged notes, and if so, describe the type of information he or she might include. If not, explain why.
Assessing Client Progress is rated 4.8/5 based on 866 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »Clinical Case Study Presentation
- »Managed Care Myths
- »STOCK EPINEPHRINE AUTO-INJECTORS IN SCHOOLS
- »Decision making is itself a very complex process of thoughts and sets up various challenges for patients and their families to make up an end-of-life care decision. Patients have a right to autonomously voice their end-of-life treatment choices and these
- »Discussion Posting-Pathophysiology Of Pain
- »Discussion Question
- »Assignment: Policy/Regulation Fact Sheet
- »Information System Presentation
- »Nutrition Assignment
- »What diagnostic testing will the Provider order to confirm a diagnosis of TB?
- »Describe the ways in which financial statements, financial calculations, and working capital are used in the organizational budget process
- »Organizational Influences On Community Health Practice
- »Politics And The Patient Protection And Affordable Care Act
- »Assessing Neurological
- »This is a Collaborative Learning Community (CLC) assignment.
- »What are three questions you should ask yourself when you begin your job search?
- »Technology Proposal Project
- »Global Health
- »Debriefing Head To Toe Assessment
- »Community Teaching Plan: Teaching Experience
- »Pharmacotherapy For Cardiovascular Disorders
- »SUSTAINABLE GOAL PROJECT PROPOSAL MALARIA PROJECT PROPOSAL
- »specific ways Early Conceptualization About Nursing Theory can be applied to advanced practice nursing
- »HEALTHCARE COLLABORATION FINAL
- »Connected Health And The Digital Age Of Medicine
- »Head To Toe Assessment
- »Case Study Questions
- »Personhood Chart
- »Respond on two different days by making recommendations for how they might strengthen the leadership behaviors profiled in their StrengthsFinder assessment, or by commenting on lessons to be learned from the results that can be applied to personal leader
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed