Analyze The Mickey Mantle Case Using The Seven-Step Decision Model.Mickey Mantle received a liver transplant in 1995. He was a Baseball Hall of Fame center fielder for the New York Yankees whose liver was failing because of cirrhosis and hepatitis. Although the waiting period for a liver transplant in the United States is about 130 days, it took only two days for the Baylor Medical Center's transplant team to find an organ donor for the 63-year-old former baseball hero. According to the director of the Southwest Organ Bank, Mantle was moved ahead of others on the list because of his deteriorating medical condition; however, there were mixed feelings about speeding up the process for a celebrity. Mantle was known for overcoming immense obstacles, and many argued that the medical system should provide exceptions for heroes. He was also a recovering alcoholic, which further complicated the ethical implications of the case. Because of Mantle's medical problems, doctors estimated that he had only a 60 percent chance for a three-year survival; whereas, liver transplant patients typically have about a 78 percent chance for a three-year survival rate. As in the case of the liver transplant for Mickey Mantle, should the system make exceptions for real heroes? Why or why not? Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word paper in which you analyze the Mickey Mantle case using the Seven-Step Decision Model.
Analyze The Mickey Mantle Case Using The Seven-Step Decision Model. is rated 4.8/5 based on 30 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »Maternal Initial
- »Example Of Reflective Writing In A Healthcare Assignment
- »Case Study: End of Life Decisions
- »Electronic Orders and Creating Problem Lists
- »hypercholesterolemia. His new primary care provider offers guidance on following a low-cholesterol/low-fat diet and prescribes an antidepressant and an analgesic for the low back pain.
- »Policies are written documents that mirror the administrators of a particular organization. In this case, the organizations are healthcare organizations such as hospitals and clinics
- »Assessment Tools And Diagnostic Tests In Adults And ChildrenAssessment Tools And Diagnostic Tests In Adults And Children
- »Essentials Of Evidence-Based Practice
- »Renaissance And Baroque Sculpture In Italy
- »For this Discussion, you will post an explanation that defines the legal implications for standard of care, the key components of a malpractice policy in regard to a case study
- »Nursing Teaching
- »Selecting A Population Health Problem
- »Integration Of Health Systems
- »Descriptive Statistics
- »Business Plan Development
- »Ethical Decision Making
- »Chasing ZERO Video Or Chasing Zero Article
- »Case Study On Death And Dying
- »Combining Cognitive Rehearsal, Simulation, and Evidence-Based Scripting to Address Incivility
- »reflects the compilation and analysis of data collected during the patient volunteer health history interview
- »What Is The Christian Concept Of The Imago Dei? How Might It Be Important To Health Care, And Why Is It Relevant?
- »Personal Philosophy of Nursing
- »Advanced registered nurse practitioners (ARNPs) have to consider a broad range of factors when prescribing medicines
- »Kings Conceptual Theory
- »How Has The Emphasis On Quality Of Care, Patient Safety, And Clinical Care Outcomes Been Impacted By Specific Standards Emanating From TJC And/Or CMS?
- »Discussion - Effective Communication Techniques
- »How Can Pricing and Reimbursement Policies Improve Affordable Access to Medicines?
- »Executive Summary Of Organizational Diversity
- »Analyze the key benefits and/or consequences of practicing in a multicultural city such as Miami
- »Apa Format Essay
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed