An article I found interesting on Science Daily was an article titled “Pupil Dilation and Heart Rate, analyzed by AI, May Help Spot Autism Early”. This article suggests that two simple quantifiable measures could allow for earlier recognition and diagnosAn article I found interesting on Science Daily was an article titled “Pupil Dilation and Heart Rate, analyzed by AI, May Help Spot Autism Early”. This article suggests that two simple quantifiable measures could allow for earlier recognition and diagnosis of Rett syndrome and other disorders closely related to autism spectrum disorder (ASD). As you may know, autism and other neurodevelopmental disorders often go unnoticed in the first few years of a child’s life. Those first few years are the most critical for therapies to be effective. New research shows spontaneous fluctuations in pupil dilation or heart rate may allow researchers to identify those children with Rett syndrome and similar disorders much earlier. A study done at Boston Children’s Hospital “unveiled a machine-learning algorithm that can spot abnormalities in pupil dilation that are predictive of autism spectrum disorder in mouse models” (Boston Children's Hospital, 2019). It also showed that the algorithm could detect Rett syndrome in girls. Based on previous evidence that showed that people with ASD have altered behavior states and that their brains also have disturbed cholinergic circuit which affects pupillary dilation and heart rate. They tested 35 girls with Retts and 40 girls without, the algorithm pick up the heart rate fluctuations in 80 % of the girls with Retts in the first and second year of life. Together with EEG measure of visual processing, a screening tool could be utilized for infants and toddlers thus enhancing early treatment options when they matter most. The science behind this study could forewarn parents and healthcare providers about impending neurodevelopmental disturbances. Early recognition could lead to early interventions during primary stages of development. This algorithm would allow healthcare professionals to follow their progression of development and treatments for efficacy. This AI algorithm would even make it possible to evaluate a newborn baby. References Boston Children's Hospital. (2019, July 24). Pupil Dilation and Heart Rate, Analyzed by AI, May Help Spot Autism Early. Retrieved from Science Daily: www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/07/190724019.htm
An article I found interesting on Science Daily was an article titled “Pupil Dilation and Heart Rate, analyzed by AI, May Help Spot Autism Early”. This article suggests that two simple quantifiable measures could allow for earlier recognition and diagnos is rated 4.8/5 based on 423 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »Final Project - Credit card numbers and the case of Mobius Duck
- »The Information Technology And Organizational Learning Textbook:
- »Health policy unfolds daily and drives clinical practice in the US. The student will investigate current policies or legislation underway for a specific health-related issue.
- »Understanding Family Structure
- »PEERS reply theory
- »Project Bioethics
- »Please formulate your hypotheses and write a two page summary of your hypothesis and supporting facts and findings.
- »Oral Report
- »Describe the factors that impact health and health care delivery associated with a global health care issue
- »Assignment - Concept Map
- »nterprofsessional teams are part of practice trends we see developing in all aspects of care delivery. Consider you own work environment (or recent clinical setting)
- »Examine the fundamentals of healthcare finances, assets, budgets, cost and financial analysis
- »Real-Life Scenarios And How They Relate To Nursing Codes In Your Professional Practice.
- »Client Termination Summary
- »Respiratory System · Identify the structure and function of the respiratory system.
- »annotated bibliography and summary based on your research related to best practices addressing a current health care problem or issue of interest to you
- »What does that figure mean to you? How do you as a professional nurse demonstrate good citizenship?
- »I will do the nursing autobiography, just need the rest: Concept Synthesis Paper on Personal Nursing Philosophy
- »Scholarly Paper.. Nursing
- »Business Ideas For Nurse Practitioner Entrepreneurs Presentation
- »Initiating Change
- »Application Of Servant Leadership In A Health Care Setting
- »Discussion: Quality And Safety
- »Peer Engagement Forum
- »What type of drug should you prescribe based on your patient’s diagnosis? How much of the drug should the patient receive?
- »Urology and Obstetrics & Gynecology Departments
- »Identifying A Health Care-Related Problem And A Target Population
- »Reading Research Literature Worksheet
- »Leininger's Culture Care Model
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed