Advocating For New Practice Approaches Through Policy“I think one's feelings waste themselves in words; they ought all to be distilled into actions which bring results.” —Florence Nightingale Through the policy process, nurses can put their feelings—as well as their experiences and expertise—into actions that create results. In this course, you have been honing your skills for critically assessing evidence with the purpose of improving practice and developing new practice approaches. As a DNP-prepared nurse, you can influence health care outcomes at the population or aggregate level. Leading policy development to address health care concerns is a vital way to achieve this. For the past several weeks, you have been focusing on a health care issue of interest to you for your EBP Project. For this Discussion, consider how you could lead policy development in support of a proposed evidence-based practice approach that addresses that issue and is designed to promote quality. Reference: Nursing Schools. (2012). 100 entertaining and inspiring quotes for nurses. Retrieved from http://www.nursingschools.net/blog/2010/06/100-entertaining-inspiring-quotes-for-nurses/ To prepare:
- Select one of the new practices approaches you developed for the Week 6 Discussion (See attached file)
- Review the Ridenour and Trautman (2009) and Stokowski et al. (2010) articles listed in the Learning Resources. Assess the strategies for engaging in the policy process.
- Consider the barriers to using evidence to affect changes in health care policy discussed in the course text.
- Brainstorm ideas for leading policy development related to your suggested practice approach, as well as ideas for addressing those barriers.
- Chapter 4, “Translation of Evidence to Improve Clinical Outcomes”
- Chapter 5, “Translation of Evidence for Improving Safety and Quality”
- Chapter 7, “Translation of Evidence for Health Policy” (See attached file)
Advocating For New Practice Approaches Through Policy is rated 4.8/5 based on 80 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »Reflective Journal on how the attached clinical scenario enhanced your understanding of important communication techniques and what would be incorporated into your individual communication style to improve the nurse-patient/family relationship.
- »DERMATOLOGY CASE STUDY
- »It is necessary for an RN-BSN-prepared nurse to demonstrate an enhanced understanding of the pathophysiological processes of disease, the clinical manifestations and treatment protocols, and how they affect clients across the life span.
- »Find An Article On A Societal Factor That Is Affecting Nursing/Patient Education Curriculum
- »Where in the World Is Evidence-Based Practice?
- »Problem With Payment Structures In Health Care Industry
- »Conflict Resolution
- »Pathophysiology Of Alzheimer Disease
- »make a recommendation to finance an EHR system
- »Research Article Appraisal
- »Cultural Diversity in the Health Care Workforce
- »Assessing And Treating Clients With Dementia
- »The Pathophysiology Of Disorders
- »Lab Assignment
- »Case Discussion: Pulmonary
- »Systems Development Life Cycle: Nursing Informatics and Organizational Decision Making
- »Using Evidence-Based Practice To Improve Patient Care
- »Discussion: Health Care Policy
- »A number of medical centers around the United States now offer "finders' fees" to physicians for referring patients to researchers who are conducting trials of new drug therapies, the side effects of which are not yet known
- »Describes how alignment between the values of an organization and the values of the nurse impact nurse engagement and patient outcomes
- »What are some steps the medical office administrator can take to record the completed transactions and address any outstanding problems? When are claim inquiries made?
- »Professionalism And Social Media
- »Qualitative Research Critique! Please use article - False Alarms and Overmonitoring : Major Factors in Alarm Fatigue Among Labor Nurses
- »Maternal Response
- »Describe immunity as related to the human body. Take care to cite the elements involved.
- »Discussion: Healthcare Information Technology Trends
- »Compare and discuss the information in the Bullying
- »Schizophrenia In Adults VS Children
- »Breast Cancer among African American Women in the United States
- »describe the teaching experience and discuss your observations
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed