· Consider what physical exams and diagnostic tests would be appropriate to gather more information about the patient’s condition. How would the results be used to make a diagnosis?Below is the SOAP note that you will analyze for your assignment this week. Review the information given. You will not be writing a SOAP note this week. Instead, write in a narrative format and address the following questions: · Consider what history would be necessary to collect from the patient in the case study. · Consider what physical exams and diagnostic tests would be appropriate to gather more information about the patient’s condition. How would the results be used to make a diagnosis? · Identify at least five possible conditions that may be considered in a differential diagnosis for the patient. Subjective: · CC: “My stomach hurts, I have diarrhea and nothing seems to help.” · HPI: JR, 47 yo WM, complains of having generalized abdominal pain that started 3 days ago. He has not taken any medications because he did not know what to take. He states the pain is a 5/10 today but has been as much as 9/10 when it first started. He has been able to eat, with some nausea afterwards. · PMH: HTN, Diabetes, hx of GI bleed 4 years ago · Medications: Lisinopril 10mg, Amlodipine 5 mg, Metformin 1000mg, Lantus 10 units qhs · Allergies: NKDA · FH: No hx of colon cancer, Father hx DMT2, HTN, Mother hx HTN, Hyperlipidemia, GERD · Social: Denies tobacco use; occasional etoh, married, 3 children (1 girl, 2 boys) Objective: · VS: Temp 99.8; BP 160/86; RR 16; P 92; HT 5’10”; WT 248lbs · Heart: RRR, no murmurs · Lungs: CTA, chest wall symmetrical · Skin: Intact without lesions, no urticaria · Abd: soft, hyperactive bowel sounds, pos pain in the LLQ · Diagnostics: None Assessment: • Left lower quadrant pain• Gastroenteritis PLAN: This section is not required for the assignments in this course (NURS 6512) but will be required for future courses. The Assignment 1. Analyze the subjective portion of the note. List additional information that should be included in the documentation. 2. Analyze the objective portion of the note. List additional information that should be included in the documentation. 3. Is the assessment supported by the subjective and objective information? Why or why not? 4. What diagnostic tests would be appropriate for this case, and how would the results be used to make a diagnosis? 5. Would you reject/accept the current diagnosis? Why or why not? Identify three possible conditions that may be considered as a differential diagnosis for this patient. Explain your reasoning using at least three different references from current evidence-based literature.
· Consider what physical exams and diagnostic tests would be appropriate to gather more information about the patient’s condition. How would the results be used to make a diagnosis? is rated 4.8/5 based on 775 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »Patient Education Technology Guide to a Mobile Health Application PowerPoint
- »Adolescent pregnancy is viewed as a high-risk situation because it poses serious health risks for the mother and the baby. Describe various risk factors or precursors to adolescent pregnancy
- »genetic or genomic technology
- »In clinical settings, advanced practice nurses often encounter patients with blood disorders such as anemia
- »Overview: Synthesis Paper
- »Assessment Of The Abdomen And The Gastrointestinal System
- »The focus of this week’s assignment is identifying research components. You will be responsible for reviewing two articles (listed below) and completing the following tasks for each one
- »Prevention of Central Line-Associated Bloodstream Infections
- »Medication Safety Project
- »Epidemic In The Community
- »Discussion: Improving Quality
- »Medical Case Study
- »Community Assessment and Analysis Presentation
- »Competitiveness And Performance Effectiveness For Health Care IT Systems
- »apply lessons in quality improvement in nursing to a real-world nursing issue
- »Discussion: The Role Of The RN/APRN In Politic Making
- »Discuss the history of present illness that you would take on this patient in preparation for the clinic visit
- »Critiquing Health-related information with the HON Code Criteria and Fry Readability Scale
- »Assignment:Academic Success And Professional Development Plan
- »Data Analysis And Results
- »Create a one-page patient education tool that explains usage of a medication and factors that can affect outcomes
- »Defining Quality
- »Discuss The Difference Between An Exploratory Analysis And A Confirmatory
- »Understanding Electronic Orders and Creating Problem Lists
- »Discuss the concept of life review. What are the goals and benefits of a life review? How is life review similar and different than ordinary remembering?
- »Quantitative and Qualitative Research Critique
- »Statistical Analysis Report
- »The Spirit Catches You and You Fall Down
- »What are the roles of the following groups in the health care value improvement process: boards of directors, senior leaders, physicians, employees, and payers?
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed