the pathophysiological mechanisms of chronic asthma and acute asthma exacerbation.Complications of asthma can be sudden. Consider the case of Bradley Wilson, a young boy who had several medical conditions. He appeared in good health when he went to school, returned home, and ate dinner. However, when he later went outside to play, he came back inside wheezing. An ambulance took him to the hospital where he was pronounced dead (Briscoe, 2012). In another case, 10-year-old Dynasty Reese, who had mild asthma, woke up in the middle of the night and ran to her grandfather’s bedroom to tell him she couldn’t breathe. By the time paramedics arrived, she had passed out and was pronounced dead at the hospital (Glissman, 2012). These situations continue to outline the importance of recognizing symptoms of asthma and providing immediate treatment, as well as distinguishing minor symptoms from serious, life-threatening symptoms. Since these symptoms and attacks are often induced by a trigger, as an advanced practice nurse, you must be able to help patients identify their triggers and recommend appropriate treatment options. For this reason, you need to understand the pathophysiological mechanisms of chronic asthma and acute asthma exacerbation. To Prepare · Review “Asthma” in Chapter 27 of the Huether and McCance text. Identify the pathophysiological mechanisms of chronic asthma and acute asthma exacerbation. Consider how these disorders are similar and different. · Select a patient factor different from the one you selected in this week’s Discussion: genetics, gender, ethnicity, age, or behavior. Think about how the factor you selected might impact the pathophysiology of both disorders. Reflect on how you would diagnose and prescribe treatment of these disorders for a patient based on the factor you selected. · Review the “Mind maps—Dementia, Endocarditis, and Gastro-oesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)” media in the Week 2 Learning Resources. Use the examples in the media as a guide to construct two mind maps—one for chronic asthma and one for acute asthma exacerbation. Consider the epidemiology and clinical presentation of both chronic asthma and acute asthma exacerbation. To Complete Write a 2- to 3-page paper that addresses the following: · Describe the pathophysiological mechanisms of chronic asthma and acute asthma exacerbation. Be sure to explain the changes in the arterial blood gas patterns during an exacerbation. · Explain how the factor you selected might impact the pathophysiology of both disorders. Describe how you would diagnose and prescribe treatment for a patient based on the factor you selected. · Construct two mind maps—one for chronic asthma and one for acute asthma exacerbation. Include the epidemiology, pathophysiology, and clinical presentation, as well as the diagnosis and treatment you explained in your paper.
the pathophysiological mechanisms of chronic asthma and acute asthma exacerbation. is rated 4.8/5 based on 508 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »Introduction To Nursing Leadership (Concepts And Practice)
- »EBP Change Process form ACE Star Model of Knowledge Transformation
- »Rua-Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
- »Explain how Poor Job Satisfaction Rates Resulting in Turnover
- »Introduction To Communications
- »Capstone Component Project Plan Presentation
- »Research Critiques And PICOT Statement
- »Discussion: Examning Nursing Specialty
- »Consider your internal stakeholders, such as the facility, unit or health care setting where the change process is situated, and your external stakeholders, like an individual or group outside the health care setting
- »Assignment CLC - Health Issue Analysis
- »It is important for a public health professional to show evidence of professional development over time. The professional portfolio is one way to collect and showcase achievements and artifacts or evidence of accomplishments. For this assignment, you wil
- »Determine ethical theories and decision-making models appropriate for healthcare providers to use for providing a safe, quality healthcare experience for the patient
- »Consider the research design used in your selected article. Ask yourself the following questions. Is the design appropriate for the study? Would a different design provide better results?
- »Throughout this course you will be developing a formal, evidence-based practice proposal.
- »As health care consumers, we all expect quality care and positive outcomes. It is important as professionals that we meet these demands of health care consumers
- »Explanation of Signing an Organ Donor Card
- »What are your plans for learning more about Excel and how will the information you learned about this software be of benefit in your future analysis of research data?
- »Explain the factors that affect the health of communities
- »Debate The Various Social Factors Associated With The Situation Of The "Underinsured." Respond To Two Other Classmates' Answers With Solid Reasoning And Support Your Opinions With Appropriate Reference Citations.
- »Case Study On Anemia Of Chronic Disease
- »Project - Annotated Bibliography
- »Describe immunity as related to the human body
- »compared at least two APRN board of nursing regulations in your state/region with those of at least one other state/region. Describe how they may differ. Be specific and provide examples
- »ESSENTIALS OF EVIDENCE-BASED PRACTICE - Assignment
- »Theoretical Foundations For Nursing
- »Advocating For The Nursing Role
- »apply the concepts of epidemiology and nursing research to a communicable disease
- »Discussion Question: Coaching And Mentoring.
- »Clinical staff members are not washing their hands between patients. Employee attacks patients while under the influences of narcotics
- »Spiritual Needs Assessment And Reflection
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed