analyze the diagnostic criteria and treatment options of insomnia, hype somnolence, narcolepsy, sleep apnea, non-rapid eye movement, nightmare disorder, sleep behavior disorder, and other DSM-5 sleep and parasomnia disorders.Sleep/Wake Disorders and Parasomnias Sleep is essential for a healthy mind and body, and lack of quality sleep can cause distress during the daytime. Sleep disorders can involve difficulties with quality, timing, and amount of sleep and frequently accompany other disorders, especially depression, anxiety, and PTSD. Obtaining a good sleep history is essential to diagnosing sleep disorders, prescribing a treatment plan, and monitoring the plan’s effectiveness. Understanding and managing sleep problems frequently leads to improvement in other mental health disorders that the patient is experiencing. This week, you will analyze the diagnostic criteria and treatment options of insomnia, hypersomnolence, narcolepsy, sleep apnea, non-rapid eye movement, nightmare disorder, sleep behavior disorder, and other DSM-5 sleep and parasomnic disorders. Treatment of Sleep/Wake Disorders The power of sleep to heal the body cannot be underestimated. Most research indicates that 7–8 hours of sleep are a minimum that people need to stay healthy. Clients who come to the PMHNP’s office frequently complain of sleep problems. It is estimated that 10–20% of patients report some type of sleeping problem. In this Discussion, you will analyze the diagnostic criteria and evidence-based psychotherapy and psychopharmacologic treatment for sleep/wake disorders. Learning Objectives Students will: · Analyze diagnostic criteria for sleep/wake disorders · Analyze evidence-based psychotherapy and psychopharmacologic treatment for sleep/wake disorders · Analyze criteria for referring clients to primary care physicians for treatment of sleep/wake disorders · Compare differential diagnostic features of sleep/wake disorders Learning Resources Required Readings Sadock, B. J., Sadock, V. A., & Ruiz, P. (2014). Kaplan & Sadock’s synopsis of psychiatry: Behavioral sciences/clinical psychiatry (11th ed.). Philadelphia, PA: Wolters Kluwer. · Chapter 13, “Psychosomatic Medicine” (pp. 465–503) · Chapter 16, “Normal Sleep and Sleep-Wake Disorders” (pp. 533–563) Gabbard, G. O. (2014). Gabbard’s treatment of psychiatric disorders (5th ed.). Washington, DC: American Psychiatric Publications. · Chapter 36, “Sleep-Wake Disorders” American Psychiatric Association. (2013). Diagnostic and statistical manual of mental disorders (5th ed.). Washington, DC: Author. · “Sleep-Wake Disorders” Stahl, S. M. (2014). Prescriber’s Guide: Stahl’s Essential Psychopharmacology (5th ed.). New York, NY: Cambridge University Press. To access information on specific medications, click on The Prescriber’s Guide, 5th Ed. tab on the Stahl Online website and select the appropriate medication.
|Excessive sleepiness in narcolepsy, obstructive sleep apnea/hypopnea syndrome, shift work sleep disorder||Insomnia||Narcolepsy||Restless leg syndrome|
|armodafinil modafinil sodium oxybate (in narcolepsy only)||agomelatine alprazolam amitriptyline amoxapine clomipramine clonazepam desipramine diazepam dothiepin doxepin estazolam eszopiclone flunitrazepam flurazepam hydroxyzine imipramine lofepramine lorazepam maprotiline mianserin nortriptyline quazepam ramelteon temazepam trazodone triazolam trimipramine zaleplon zolpidem zopiclone||amphetamine (d) amphetamine (d,l) lisdexamfetamine methylphenidate (d) methylphenidate (d,l) modafinil sodium oxybate||gabapentin ER|
analyze the diagnostic criteria and treatment options of insomnia, hype somnolence, narcolepsy, sleep apnea, non-rapid eye movement, nightmare disorder, sleep behavior disorder, and other DSM-5 sleep and parasomnia disorders. is rated 4.8/5 based on 399 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »Evaluating Interdisciplinary Collaboration Skills
- »Discuss One Way You Will Be Able To Evaluate Whether Your Project Made A Difference In Practice.
- »Treatment Plan And Diagnosis
- »“Introduction to Advanced Pathophysiology” Program Transcript
- »Our comparison of two different change theories provide a clear comparison of the theories. Lippit's theory is an expansion of Lewin's theory and follows the nursing process providing additional guidelines with support of the change theory guidi
- »Nursing Theory And Concept Model
- »Family Interview - Compare And Contrast Cultures Paper
- »Diagnosis: Major neurocognitive disorder due to Alzheimer’s disease (presumptive)
- »Data Analysis
- »As a health policymaker, what might your social power include?
- »Select a population health problem or issue of interest from the available studies. What type of translational research is used for the study?
- »Health Policy And Politics
- »What Is Research Versus Evidence Based Practice?
- »Suppose You Were Planning To Conduct A Statewide Study Of The Work Plans And Intentions Of Non employed Registered Nurses In Your State. Would You Ask Mostly Open-Ended Questions Or Closed-Ended Questions?
- »Assignment: Disorders of the Veins and Arteries
- »Ethical And Spiritual Decision Making In Health Care
- »Assignment: The Ethics and Legalities of Medication Error Disclosure
- »Evidence-Based Project Implementation Issues
- »Write A Reflection Of 750?1,000 Words In Which You Identify Your Strengths And Weaknesses Related To The Four Content
- »Disaster Preparedness
- »Inflammatory Bowel Disease Case Study
- »Develop a philosophy that supports advanced nursing practice reflecting the values, beliefs, and cultural competencies relative to nursing practice, science, and theory.
- »The Application Of Data To Problem-Solving
- »What's Your Leadership Style? Learn more about your strengths and weaknesses as a leader. How to Become a Better Leader
- »Becoming Familiar With The DNP Scholarly Project
- »Stages Of Life Essay And Interview
- »Demonstrate integrity through the application of relevant codes of conduct and social responsibility within one's profession.
- »Nursing Theory And Conceptual Model Presentation
- »Professional Associations - "No man is an island."
- »Writing an Evaluation Report
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed