When tissue is injured, due to overuse or strain, nerve cells send pain messages through the spinal cord to the brain. Other nerves send messages from the brain to tighten the muscles in the injured area. While the muscle tightness acts as a way to protecWhen tissue is injured, due to overuse or strain, nerve cells send pain messages through the spinal cord to the brain. Other nerves send messages from the brain to tighten the muscles in the injured area. While the muscle tightness acts as a way to protect an injury from, the spasm also causes more secondary to the inhibition of the flow of oxygen and nutrients to the injured area. Heat therapy can be very beneficial to an injured area as local application results in vasodilatation, which increases the blood flow, brings nutrients, oxygen and white blood cells to the area to clean up the damage and stimulate healing. Describe in your own words how local application of heat will support the healing process. Give the pathophysiology, indications, contraindications, methods, and nursing care for heat application. Cite any research sources you use to support your answers. Please make an initial post by midweek, and respond to at least two other student's posts with substantial details that demonstrate an understanding of the concepts, and critical thinking. Remember that your posts must exhibit appropriate writing mechanics including using proper language, cordiality, and proper grammar and punctuation. If you refer to any outside sources or reference materials be sure to provide proper attribution and/or citation.
When tissue is injured, due to overuse or strain, nerve cells send pain messages through the spinal cord to the brain. Other nerves send messages from the brain to tighten the muscles in the injured area. While the muscle tightness acts as a way to protec is rated 4.8/5 based on 459 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »NURSING ENTRANCE ESSAY
- »SBAR Proposal
- »Agenda Setting
- »· Explain any legal and/or ethical implications related to counseling each client.
- »Identifying A Researchable Problem
- »Past Medical/Surgical History
- »Elderly Adult Assessment
- »Analyze And Describe How The Activities Within Each Department At A Hospital Impact Reimbursement. Choose Three Procedures And Explain Each Step Of A Patient Visit For Each Of These Three Procedures.
- »Significant Contributions to Public Health
- »Illness & Disease Management
- »How often do you engage with or witness death in your work? How has this experience or the lack of it shaped your view of death?
- »Health policy unfolds daily and drives clinical practice in the US. The student will investigate current policies or legislation underway for a specific health-related issue
- »Ethical Dilemma in the nursing field
- »Assessment Health Screening
- »Health Care Reform
- »Physical Environment
- »Assignment: The Nurse Leader as Knowledge Worker
- »Elements of Fiction lecture and apply them to "The Fall of the House of Usher."
- »Summary: The purpose of the weekly reflective journal exercises is to allow for analysis, synthesis and evaluation of nursing theory using guided questions
- »Discussion - NPSG And Collaborative Team Management Of Risk Reduction For Injury
- »Nursing research is used to study a dilemma or a problem in nursing. Examine a problem you have seen in nursing. Why should it be studied?
- »Discussion: Is Health Care a Right or a Privilege
- »Answer The Questions And Follow Direction -Case Is About A RN Posting Position In The Web
- »The Practicum Project Plan is a scholarly proposal for your project.
- »Identify a research or evidence-based article that focuses comprehensively on a specific intervention or new diagnostic tool for the treatment of diabetes in adults or children.
- »Description / Instructions
- »What characteristics would lead a provider to suspect domestic violence, child abuse, or elder abuse is taking place within a family?
- »The Assignment Comprehensive Client Family Assessment
- »Briefly discuss the various possible meanings of the term "spirituality," and your understanding of the concepts of pluralism, scientism, and postmodernism
- »Conduct An Analysis Of The Elements Of The Research Article You Identified
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed