Respond on two different days by making recommendations for how they might strengthen the leadership behaviors profiled in their StrengthsFinder assessment, or by commenting on lessons to be learned from the results that can be applied to personal leaderThrough this week’s resources, we have learned what a leader is. Last week we focused on theories and examples of leaders we have witnessed firsthand. This week we are focusing on ourselves individually. After taking Gallup’s Strengths Finder assessment, I was given five signature themes. My Signature Themes Before going over my specific themes, I must first explain the domain’s they rest under. My themes were either under the executing or the relationship builder domains (Strengths Finder, 2018). The executing domain is about knowing, “how to make things happen” (Strengths Finder, 2018, para. 3). The relationship domain encompasses themes that are involved with providing, “the essential glue to hold a team together” (2018, para. 1). The themes that I had under the executing domain were restorative and consistency. These themes are defined as being able to deal with problems and treating people with equality, respectively. The themes I had under the relationship domain were developer, empathy, and harmony. Developers, “cultivate the potential in others” (Strengths Finder 2018, para. 2). Empathy is focused on sensing other’s feelings and harmony is focused on looking for consensus (2018). Room for growth After reviewing the Strengths Finder assessment, now I will point out a few areas for improvement. Starting with values, I have chosen courage and service as two values I would like to improve (MasonLeads, 2019). None of the themes I had were under the domain of influencing (StrengthsFinder, 2018). I believe with more courage this would change. Two potential strengths I would improve would be activator and analytical. People who are adept at activating, “can make things happen by turning thoughts into action” (2018, para. 1). It is also under the influence domain. Another domain I didn’t exemplify with strategic thinking. The analytical theme is under this domain and people who demonstrate this, “search for reasons and causes” (StrengthsFinder, 2018, para. 1). Two characteristics I would like to improve are the ability to self-manage and to make difficult decisions (Yscouts.com, 2019). Nowhere in my results was there any mention of self-management skills or the ability to make tough decisions. These two characteristics are crucial to be a transformational leader. The Strengths Finder assessment was an eye-opening tool. I learned my strengths, but, more importantly, I learned my weaknesses. Being able to improve upon my weaknesses will bring me one step closer to a transformational leader.
Respond on two different days by making recommendations for how they might strengthen the leadership behaviors profiled in their StrengthsFinder assessment, or by commenting on lessons to be learned from the results that can be applied to personal leader is rated 4.8/5 based on 881 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »Assessing Client Progress
- »What are three questions you should ask yourself when you begin your job search?
- »Technology Proposal Project
- »Global Health
- »Debriefing Head To Toe Assessment
- »Community Teaching Plan: Teaching Experience
- »Pharmacotherapy For Cardiovascular Disorders
- »SUSTAINABLE GOAL PROJECT PROPOSAL MALARIA PROJECT PROPOSAL
- »specific ways Early Conceptualization About Nursing Theory can be applied to advanced practice nursing
- »HEALTHCARE COLLABORATION FINAL
- »Connected Health And The Digital Age Of Medicine
- »Head To Toe Assessment
- »Case Study Questions
- »Personhood Chart
- »Explain the use of information management tools and technologies to monitor and improve health care delivery and patient outcomes.
- »Final Project I Submission: Malpractice
- »CASE STUDY PHARMA
- »Deliverable Managing Diversity
- »What types of words would you use to build a nursing word cloud? Empathetic, organized, hard-working, or advocatewould all certainly apply. Would you add policy-maker to your list? Do you think it would be a very prominent component of the word cloud?
- »Impact Of 19th Century Nurses
- »Organizational Policies And Practices To Support Healthcare Issues
- »describes an area of moral authority that exists when you encounter a situation that is not direct patient care but you have important professional knowledge, insight, or skills that can help to effectively address the issue
- »Discussion: Anemia
- »The Assignment (Evidence-Based Project) Advanced Levels of Clinical Inquiry and Systematic Reviews
- »Public Health Informatics
- »marketing plan for a healthcare facility that was recently cited by the OIG (Office of Inspector General)
- »Explain that this paper is a summary of the assigned article, followed by explanation of the impact of the article contents on your own future professional nursing practice.
- »Regulation For Nursing Practice Staff Development Meeting
- »Epidemiology Paper Part One: Descriptive Method
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed