Reflective Journal on how the attached clinical scenario enhanced your understanding of important communication techniques and what would be incorporated into your individual communication style to improve the nurse-patient/family relationship.Case Video Transcript: · Christinas entrance into Mr. Emerson’s Rooms Result: Nontherapeutic Rationale: Lack of eye contact is a nontherapeutic nonverbal communication technique because it indicates the nurse is not interested in what is being said by the client. · "We will give you another how to sleep, then she can come back and get you up and assist you. Okay?" Result: Therapeutic Rationale: Summarizing is a therapeutic communication technique because it restates the main points discussed and provides closure. · "Mr. Emerson, would you like to tell us what we can do for you today?" Result: Therapeutic Rationale: Adaptability supports interprofessional and client communication by allowing the nurse to change the tone of speech to align a message with the behavior and cues of the recipient. · Christina touches Mr. Emerson’s shoulder Result: Therapeutic Rationale: Touch is a therapeutic communication technique because it conveys caring and empathetic feelings by the nurse toward the client. · "Mr. Emerson has had a stroke and has dysarthria. The stroke paralyzed half of his tongue and mouth so he has difficulty enunciating clearly" Result: Therapeutic Rationale: Credibility supports interprofessional and client communication by conveying confidence, providing accurate information, and acknowledging limitations during nurse-provider and nurse-client interactions. · "Come on, Mr. Emerson, why do you want to sleep the morning away? Its so beautiful outside today" Result: Non-Therapeutic Rationale: This statement demonstrates two nontherapeutic communication techniques. Arguing and disagreeing are nontherapeutic communication techniques because they imply that the client is misinformed, lying, or uneducated, subsequently causing the client to become defensive. Asking a “why” question is also a nontherapeutic communication technique because it can be perceived as accusatory, causing the client to become defensive and mistrust the person who asked the question. · "I’m Christina, the new AP here. I’ll be working with you. I’m here to help you get up this morning and down to the dining area for breakfast." Result: Therapeutic Rationale: Developing rapport with a client supports the establishment of a therapeutic relationship by sharing mutual feelings of acceptance, while maintaining open communication and the development of trust and respect. · "Why are you hiding?" Result: Non-Therapeutic Rationale: Asking a “why” question is a nontherapeutic communication technique because it can be perceived as accusatory, causing the client to become defensive and mistrust the person who asked the question. · Christina opening the curtains Result: Non-Therapeutic Rationale: Adopting a tense attitude is a nontherapeutic nonverbal communication technique that can impede the creation of a sense of comfort with the client. · "Maybe you can teach me how to use the communication board" Result: Therapeutic Rationale: Demonstrating empathy supports the establishment of a therapeutic relationship by being able to sense the client’s inner experience and convert the nurse's words and actions into feelings. · "Now Mr. Emerson, I have so much work to do. This isn’t helping me. You should really get up now" Result: Non-Therapeutic Rationale: Focusing on self is a nontherapeutic communication technique because it prevents the client’s goals from being perceived as most important. · "Good Morning Mr. Emerson. How are you? How was your night? Are you ready to get up for the morning? Result: Non-Therapeutic Rationale: Asking closed-ended questions is a nontherapeutic communication technique because it does not allow the client to express what he is thinking or how he is feeling.
Reflective Journal on how the attached clinical scenario enhanced your understanding of important communication techniques and what would be incorporated into your individual communication style to improve the nurse-patient/family relationship. is rated 4.8/5 based on 65 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »Health Care Data Case
- »Strategies For Academic Portfolios
- »The selection of a research design is guided by the study’s purpose and research questions and hypotheses, and the design then links the research questions and hypotheses to the data that will be collected
- »POWERPOINT PRESENTATION ON HISTOPLASMOSIS
- »The purpose of the Course Project is to give the student the opportunity to apply concepts in transcultural nursing by performing a transcultural nursing assessment
- »For MADAM-PROFESSOR
- »Fill Out The Template
- »The Connection Between Academic And Professional Integrity
- »Heart Failure Clinic Resourcing Plan
- »WORKPLACE VIOLENCE IN HEALTHCARE
- »Complete the Risk Control Self-Assessment Checklist for Nurse Practitioners
- »Assignment Description Physical Activity Resource Guide
- »discusses an ethical health promotion-related issue
- »Describe the molecular mechanism of the development of ketoacidosis
- »The Role Of Advanced Practice Nursing In Safe Prescribing
- »DERMATOLOGY CASE STUDY
- »It is necessary for an RN-BSN-prepared nurse to demonstrate an enhanced understanding of the pathophysiological processes of disease, the clinical manifestations and treatment protocols, and how they affect clients across the life span.
- »Find An Article On A Societal Factor That Is Affecting Nursing/Patient Education Curriculum
- »Where in the World Is Evidence-Based Practice?
- »Problem With Payment Structures In Health Care Industry
- »Conflict Resolution
- »Pathophysiology Of Alzheimer Disease
- »make a recommendation to finance an EHR system
- »Research Article Appraisal
- »Cultural Diversity in the Health Care Workforce
- »Assessing And Treating Clients With Dementia
- »The Pathophysiology Of Disorders
- »Lab Assignment
- »Case Discussion: Pulmonary
- »Advocating For New Practice Approaches Through Policy
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed