Recognize the influence that developmental stages have on physical, psychosocial, cultural, and spiritual functioning
The AssignmentThis week you have two options for your initial discussion post. Select the option that is best for you! Please remember to use and credit the lesson or required NIH website (there was not a textbook reading this week), AND one outside scholarly source.
Option #1 - Case Study to ConsiderAnn and Michael have been married for 55 years. Ann is 80 years-old, and suffers from lung cancer and advanced Alzheimer's disease. She currently resides in a nursing home, and often does not recognize Michael when he visits. Last night she was admitted to the hospital with difficulty breathing. Today, you are the nurse caring for Ann, and her physician is suggesting surgery to remove part of her lung to potentially slow the progression of her cancer. Michael is feeling unsure about this course of treatment, and asks for your advice and guidance. How would you respond to Michael and serve as advocate for your patient?
Option #2 - Share a Related ExperienceShare with your classmates a time when you cared for a patient at the end of their life. This may be a time when you assisted the patient (or their support system) with decisions related to end of life care; or a time when you were present for the death of a patient. What were your observations related to this experience? Do you believe it was a peaceful death? What went well? Can you think of anything that could have made the experience better for the patient and/or family?
Recognize the influence that developmental stages have on physical, psychosocial, cultural, and spiritual functioning is rated 4.8/5 based on 699 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »Assignment: Practicum Experience
- »Ethical And Legal Issues.
- »List Three Questions You Might Ask The Patient If He Or She Were In Your Office. Provide A Rationale For Why You Might Ask These Questions. Id profile
- »developed your practicum professional development objectives. How have your experiences thus far in the practicum contributed to your growth as nurse leader-manager or nurse informaticist? What difficulties, if any, have you experienced, and how might thi
- »Health Promotion And Risk Reduction
- »Thesis Development
- »Elder Abuse and Neglect
- »Challenges That The Leaders Of Today's Health Care Organizations Face.
- »Identify at least five possible conditions that may be considered in a differential diagnosis for the patient.
- »Levy Family Episodes
- »Controlled Terminology And Standards
- »Discussion: Creating, Developing, And Leading Effective Teams
- »Quantitative research
- »Statistical Terms
- »Policy Implementation, Street-level Bureaucracy, and the Importance of Discretion.
- »Reflect on strategies that you can pursue in developing portfolios or portfolio elements that focus on academic achievements.
- »Assignment: National Patient Safety Goals
- »Discussion: Searching Databases
- »A PICOT starts with a designated patient population in a particular
- »Research Proposal Draft
- »Safeguarding children professional responsibility and partnership working activity.
- »Psychiatric Assessment Of The Adult And Older Adult
- »Discuss The Difference Between A Positive Linear Relationship And A Negative Linear Relationship
- »write an analysis of one of Hamlet's soliquoys and craft two soliquoys of your own
- »Public Health Law And Policy
- »Case Study: Fetal Abnormality
- »Diabetes and Drug Treatments
- »Reviewing The Literature
- »Nursing Information Technology Management
- »Delivering Effective Presentations
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed