Practicum Journal: Safe PrescribingThere is probably no greater responsibility that the psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner (PMHNP) assumes than the responsibility of prescribing medications. While someone can be harmed by psychotherapy, the level and intensity of the harm generally does not come to the same level of harm that can occur from improper prescribing. The PMHNP must understand his/her responsibility both at a state and federal level when it comes to prescribing medications. In this Practicum Journal Assignment, you will explore the legalities associated with prescribing controlled substances, as well as what a DEA number is, how to obtain one, and, most importantly, how to prescribe controlled substances in your state. Learning Objectives · Analyze roles of the Drug Enforcement Administration · Analyze PMHNP responsibilities when issued a DEA number · Analyze DEA number application procedures · Analyze state requirements for safe prescribing and prescription monitoring · Analyze PMHNP responsibilities for safe prescribing and prescription monitoring · Analyze Schedule II-V drug levels ASSIGNMENT To prepare for this Practicum Journal: · Review the Learning Resources. In 2-3 pages: · Describe the role of the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) as it pertains to the Psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner (PMHNP). · Explain your responsibilities when having a DEA number. · Explain how you apply for a DEA number. · Explain your state’s requirements (TEXAS) for a safe prescribing and prescription monitoring program. Explain your responsibility as a PMHNP to follow these requirements. · Provide an example of a drug you may prescribe from each of the Schedule II-V drug levels.
Practicum Journal: Safe Prescribing is rated 4.8/5 based on 318 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »Explain the concept of a knowledge worker. Define and explain nursing informatics and highlight the role of a nurse leader as a knowledge worker.
- »DEVELOPING A SHARED VISION
- »Nursing Assessment
- »Assignment : Case Study Assignment: Assessing Neurological.
- »Benchmark - Policy Brief
- »Health Care Delivery
- »Describe the importance of a focus on health promotion.
- »Discussion: Applying Florence Nightingale’s Theory to Your Life.
- »Policy Brief The benchmark assesses the following competencies
- »In the video, philosophers applied the three major philosophical principles you learned in this class: Kant's Categorical Imperative, Utilitarianism, and Virtue Ethics
- »Explain the type of work setting you are discussing and whether interprofessional teams are currently present.
- »Outline the process for the development of nursing standards of practice for Illinois state, including discussion of the entities involved in developing the standards of practice and how the standards of practice influence the nursing process for you
- »Written Assignment - Seizures
- »As An Emerging Health Care Leader, The Senior Management Has Requested That You Independently Research And Explore One Of The Economic Opportunities That May Be Available In Your Care Setting. This May Be Offering A New Service Line, Working To Improve A
- »Health Policy Change
- »Using the American nurses association position statement, recommendations for improvement in end of life management focuses on practice, education, research and administration. Listed below are steps that nurses can take to overcome barriers in healthcare
- »Health Policy Group Project
- »How might the material covered in this course affect the way in which you respond to these concerns?
- »Annotated Bibliography and Source Evaluation
- »Clinical Decision Case
- »Select An Ethical Dilemma Related To Health Policy From The Categories Of Moral Values, Professional Regulation, Health Of Individuals In Society, Or Distributive Justice. What Are The Controversies Surrounding This Issue?
- »Evaluating Organizational Change
- »Scholarly Activities
- »Quality Improvement and Patient Safety Initiatives
- »What is Confirmatory Data Analysis? Explain how it is Used in Confirmatory and Exploratory Data Analysis
- »Interprofessional Organanizational And Systems Leadership
- »Evidence-Based Practice Guideline
- »Experimental research involves a variable that can be manipulated. With this type of experiment, participants can be randomly assigned to either the control group or treatment group. It often demonstrate a cause-and-effect relationship
- »Overview of Compliance Plans
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed