Physical ExaminationJanet, a 20 year-old college student, is experiencing a five-week history of itchy eyes and nasal congestion with watery nasal discharge. She also complains of a “tickling” cough, especially at night, and she has had episodes of repetitive sneezing. Janet gets frequent “colds” every spring and fall.
Physical ExaminationVital Signs: Temp, 98.8; BP 110/68; Pulse 72; Respirations 18 Skin: Flaking erythematous rash on the flexor surfaces of both arms Head, Eyes, Ears, Nose, and Throat: Tender over maxillary sinuses; sclera red and slightly swollen with frequent tearing; outer nares with red, irritated skin; internal nares with red, boggy, moist mucosa and one medium-sized polyp on each side; pharynx slightly erythematous, with clear postnasal drainage Lungs: Clear to auscultation and percussion Discussion Questions: 1. Provide three differential diagnoses based on Janet’s subjective and objective data and discuss your reasoning for each. 2. What additional history questions would be useful in your evaluation of Janet? 3. Discuss the pathophysiological process of your primary diagnosis. 4. Differentiate the types of hypersensitivity mechanisms. 5. As per your analysis, what type of hypersensitivity reaction is Janet experiencing?
Physical Examination is rated 4.8/5 based on 806 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »Group Presentation
- »Environmental Factors And Health Promotion: Accident Prevention And Safety Promotion For Parents And Caregivers Of Infants
- »Case Study Assignment: Assessing Neurological.
- »Respond on two different days by making recommendations for how they might strengthen the leadership behaviors profiled in their CliftonStrengths Assessment, or by commenting on lessons to be learned from the results that can be applied to personal leader
- »Discuss Forms And Family Funcions
- »The Influence Of Mission & Vision On Planning
- »Jurisdictions Represented and Participating in the Charleston Regional Hazard Mitigation Plan
- »Exploring the Theory of Integral Nursing with Implications for Pain Management Practice
- »Identify industries outside of health care that have deployed innovative management techniques, operational practices, or technology to improve their workforce
- »consider the concept of interprofessional teamwork and patient outcomes
- »Describe the communicable disease (causes, symptoms, mode of transmission, complications, treatment) and the demographic of interest (mortality, morbidity, incidence, and prevalence). Is this a reportable disease?
- »Assignment- Care Plan
- »Explain How A Bill Becomes A Law
- »DIABETES IN HOME HEALTH
- »Worldview Analysis And Personal Inventory
- »Levy Family Episode 1 Program Transcript
- »Developing An Organizational Philosophy And Mission Statement
- »Health Organization Evaluation
- »- Data Privacy And Security Discussion
- »Scholarly Product Development
- »Choose an Acute Health Problem for Obstetrics and give Standardized Procedure Example
- »Use the image in "Discussion Question Resource: Chest X-Ray" to answer the following Critical Thinking Questions.
- »Reflect on the analysis of the sin of suicide and thus, euthanasia from the topic readings. Do you agree? Why or why not?
- »Action at an Emergency
- »Teaching Project
- »Outline the process for the development of nursing standards of practice for your state, including discussion of the entities involved in developing the standards of practice and how the standards of practice influence the nursing process for your areas o
- »Field Practicum
- »Article Analysis And Evaluation Of Research Ethics
- »Authorizes An ARNP To Prescribe, Dispense, Administer, Or Order Any Drug, Which Would Include Controlled Substances
- »Overview and History of Organizational Behavior
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed