Pharmacotherapy For Gastrointestinal And Hepatobiliary DisordersCase study. Patient HL comes into the clinic with the following symptoms: nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea. The patient has a history of drug abuse and possible Hepatitis C. HL is currently taking the following prescription drugs: · Synthroid 100 mcg daily · Nifedipine 30 mg daily · Prednisone 10 mg daily Assignment Gastrointestinal (GI) and hepatobiliary disorders affect the structure and function of the GI tract. Many of these disorders often have similar symptoms, such as abdominal pain, cramping, constipation, nausea, bloating, and fatigue. Since multiple disorders can be tied to the same symptoms, it is important for advanced practice nurses to carefully evaluate patients and prescribe a treatment that targets the cause rather than the symptom. Once the underlying cause is identified, an appropriate drug therapy plan can be recommended based on medical history and individual patient factors. In this Assignment, you examine a case study of a patient who presents with symptoms of a possible GI/hepatobiliary disorder, and you design an appropriate drug therapy plan. To Prepare · Review the case study assigned above. · Reflect on the patient’s symptoms, medical history, and drugs currently prescribed. · Think about a possible diagnosis for the patient. Consider whether the patient has a disorder related to the gastrointestinal and hepatobiliary system or whether the symptoms are the result of a disorder from another system or other factors, such as pregnancy, drugs, or a psychological disorder. · Consider an appropriate drug therapy plan based on the patient’s history, diagnosis, and drugs currently prescribed. Write a 1-page paper that addresses the following: · Explain your diagnosis for the patient, including your rationale for the diagnosis. · Describe an appropriate drug therapy plan based on the patient’s history, diagnosis, and drugs currently prescribed. · Justify why you would recommend this drug therapy plan for this patient. Be specific and provide examples. Resource for reference------- Need 3+ references. Rosenthal, L. D., & Burchum, J. R. (2018). Lehne’s pharmacotherapeutics for advanced practice providers. St. Louis, MO: Elsevier. Chapter 62, “Drugs for Peptic Ulcer Disease” (pp. 703–714) Chapter 63, “Laxatives” (pp. 715–722) Chapter 64, “Other Gastrointestinal Drugs” (pp. 723–735) Chapter 78, “Antiviral Agents I: Drugs for Non-HIV Viral Infections” (pp. 867–886) Chalasani, N., Younossi, Z., Lavine, J. E., Charlton, M., Cusi, K., Rinella, M., . . . Sanya, A. J. (2018). The diagnosis and management of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease: Practice guidance from the American Association for the Study of Liver Diseases. Hepatology, 67(1), 328–357. Retrieved from https://aasldpubs.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/pdf/10.1002/hep.29367 This article details the diagnosis and management of nonalcoholic fatty liver disease. Review this article to gain an understanding of the underlying pathophysiology as well as the suggested pharmacotherapeutics that might be recommended to treat this disorder.
Pharmacotherapy For Gastrointestinal And Hepatobiliary Disorders is rated 4.8/5 based on 277 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »Nursing Project
- »Draft Physician Assisted Suicide
- »Creating Visual Data
- »Identify a specific instance from your own professional experience in which the values of the organization and the values of the individual nurses did or did not align. Describe the impact this had on nurse engagement and patient outcomes
- »PERSUASIVE WRITING
- »As an advanced registered nurse, what will your role be in advocating for equitable population health services and policies?
- »This study identifies the healthcare education needs of incarcerated women in a state corrections facility
- »Value-Based Reimbursement: The Banner Health Network Experience
- »Theory of Integral Nursing & Practice
- »Literature Review: State Of Current Industry Knowledge (Health Informatics)
- »Assignment: Asthma Complications of asthma can be sudden
- »IOM Future Of Nursing Report And Nursing
- »Clinical Practice
- »Recommending An Evidence-Based Practice Change
- »The Nurse as Advocate Whether nurses are advocating for their patients, health care, and/or policies that improve people’s lives, the advocacy processes have commonalities that transcend the subject of their advocacy.
- »discuss the influence the IOM report and state-based action coalitions have had on nursing practice, nursing education, and nursing workforce development, and how they continue to advance the goals for the nursing profession
- »Rough draft qualitative research critique and ethical consideration
- »Respond on two different days who selected a different scenario than you, in one or more of the following ways: Share insights on how the factor you selected impacts the disorder your colleague identified.
- »Regulatory Compliance
- »Community Teaching Work Plan Proposal
- »Trend Analysis And Forecasting
- »Progress In Nursing In The Early To Mid-20th Century
- »Discussion: Political, Social, and Sociocultural Influences on Women’s Health
- »Describe how alignment between the values of an organization and the values of the nurse impact nurse engagement and patient outcomes
- »Battling Bad Science How do you know something?
- »Give an example of the difference between being assertive and being aggressive. What is the importance of this in communication? In leadership?
- »Identifying and Interpreting Descriptive Statistics
- »EVIDENCE BASED PRACTICE AND APPLIED NURSING RESEARCH
- »Inflammatory Bowel Disease and Urinary Obstruction
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed