Pharmacotherapy For Cardiovascular Disordersheart disease remains the No. 1 killer in America; nearly half of all Americans have high blood pressure, high cholesterol, or smoke—some of the leading risk factors for heart disease… —Murphy et al., 2018 Despite the high mortality rates associated with cardiovascular disorders, improved treatment options do exist that can help address those risk factors that afflict the majority of the population today. Photo Credit: Getty Images/Science Photo Library RF As an advanced practice nurse, it is your responsibility to recommend appropriate treatment options for patients with cardiovascular disorders. To ensure the safety and effectiveness of drug therapy, advanced practice nurses must consider aspects that might influence pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic processes such as medical history, other drugs currently prescribed, and individual patient factors. Reference: Murphy, S. L., Xu, J., Kochanek, K. D., & Arias, E. (2018). Mortality in the United States, 2017. Retrieved from https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/products/databriefs/db328.htm To Prepare Review the Resources for this module and consider the impact of potential pharmacotherapeutics for cardiovascular disorders introduced in the media piece. Review the case study assigned by your Instructor for this Assignment. Select one the following factors: genetics, gender, ethnicity, age, or behavior factors. Reflect on how the factor you selected might influence the patient’s pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic processes. Consider how changes in the pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic processes might impact the patient’s recommended drug therapy. Think about how you might improve the patient’s drug therapy plan based on the pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic changes. Reflect on whether you would modify the current drug treatment or provide an alternative treatment option for the patient. By Day 7 of Week 2 Write a 2- to 3-page paper that addresses the following: Explain how the factor you selected might influence the pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic processes in the patient from the case study you were assigned. Describe how changes in the processes might impact the patient’s recommended drug therapy. Be specific and provide examples. Explain how you might improve the patient’s drug therapy plan and explain why you would make these recommended improvements. 4 references not more than 5 years Patient CB is an 88 year-old female with a history of strokes. The patient has been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, hypertension, and hyperlipidemia. Drugs currently prescribed include the following:
- Glipizide 10 mg po daily
- HCTZ 25 mg daily
- Atenolol 25 mg po daily
- Simvastatin 80 mg daily
- Verapamil 180 mg CD daily
Pharmacotherapy For Cardiovascular Disorders is rated 4.8/5 based on 872 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »Assignment: Policy/Regulation Fact Sheet
- »Information System Presentation
- »Nutrition Assignment
- »What diagnostic testing will the Provider order to confirm a diagnosis of TB?
- »Describe the ways in which financial statements, financial calculations, and working capital are used in the organizational budget process
- »Organizational Influences On Community Health Practice
- »Politics And The Patient Protection And Affordable Care Act
- »Assessing Neurological
- »This is a Collaborative Learning Community (CLC) assignment.
- »Assessing Client Progress
- »What are three questions you should ask yourself when you begin your job search?
- »Technology Proposal Project
- »Global Health
- »Debriefing Head To Toe Assessment
- »Community Teaching Plan: Teaching Experience
- »SUSTAINABLE GOAL PROJECT PROPOSAL MALARIA PROJECT PROPOSAL
- »specific ways Early Conceptualization About Nursing Theory can be applied to advanced practice nursing
- »HEALTHCARE COLLABORATION FINAL
- »Connected Health And The Digital Age Of Medicine
- »Head To Toe Assessment
- »Case Study Questions
- »Personhood Chart
- »Respond on two different days by making recommendations for how they might strengthen the leadership behaviors profiled in their StrengthsFinder assessment, or by commenting on lessons to be learned from the results that can be applied to personal leader
- »Explain the use of information management tools and technologies to monitor and improve health care delivery and patient outcomes.
- »Final Project I Submission: Malpractice
- »CASE STUDY PHARMA
- »Deliverable Managing Diversity
- »What types of words would you use to build a nursing word cloud? Empathetic, organized, hard-working, or advocatewould all certainly apply. Would you add policy-maker to your list? Do you think it would be a very prominent component of the word cloud?
- »Impact Of 19th Century Nurses
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed