Past Medical/Surgical HistoryChief complaint An 84-year-old man was found by his daughter on the floor of his apartment after failing to answer the telephone for a day. He complained of pain in his left knee, but otherwise is confused and unable to explain what had occurred. He was brought to the hospital by ambulance and admitted. Past Medical/Surgical History – provided by the daughter Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease (COPD) Myocardial infarction (MI) 10 years ago Hypertension (HTN) Peptic ulcer disease with bleeding 20 years ago Benign prostatic hypertrophy (BPH) Venous insufficiency Bilateral cataract surgery 5 years ago Left inguinal hernia repair 25 years ago Medications: Aspirin 325 mg daily Atenolol 50 mg daily Multivitamin daily Vitamin E 800 U daily terazosin 5 mg daily Lisinopril 10 mg daily Vitamin C 1000 mg daily Ginkgo biloba daily Social History – provided by the daughter He lives alone and is able to care for himself. A woman cleans his apartment twice weekly and also does some shopping. His daughter is very involved and calls about every third day. He was a bookkeeper, retired at age 65 and became a widower at age 70. He manages his own finances and enjoys baseball on TV. He denies any recent change in appetite, has some rolls and coffee for breakfast, lunch at the senior center, and for dinner, he usually warms something left by his cleaning lady or eats at a restaurant near his home. He smoked 2 packs a day from age 20 to age 55 when he stopped after an episode of pneumonia. He rarely drinks more than one drink an evening. He does not exercise, and takes his medications as prescribed. Physical Examination: In the emergency room, his physical examination revealed a thin, frail male who appears alert but agitated and in moderate pain, lying on the stretcher. Lung sounds with coarse crackles posterior in the right lung base His vital signs were: Pulse 48 Oxygen Saturation 88% on room air Weight 125 lbs Blood pressure lying down 190/70 Height 5 ft. 9 in. Respiratory rate 26 labored Temperature 102 F He has 2+ pitting pedal edema to his left foot, none to the right foot. Unable to palpate a pedal pulse to the left foot. 2+ strong pulse to the right foot. He has obvious shortening and external rotation of the left leg.
Past Medical/Surgical History is rated 4.8/5 based on 449 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »Organizational Risk Management Interview
- »Pediatric Bipolar Depression Disorder Debate
- »INTRODUCTION TO THE U.S. HEALTH CARE DELIVERY SYSTEM Case Assignment
- »VISUAL TEACHING
- »Article Summary And Application To Nursing Practice
- »Imperfect Solutions to Increasing Access to Health Care?
- »Advanced Pharmacology - Asthma and Stepwise Management
- »Riverbend City TOWS Matrix
- »Design a pamphlet for women regarding health assessment and screening methods
- »Assignment - Company Analysis
- »NURSING ENTRANCE ESSAY
- »SBAR Proposal
- »Agenda Setting
- »· Explain any legal and/or ethical implications related to counseling each client.
- »Identifying A Researchable Problem
- »Elderly Adult Assessment
- »Analyze And Describe How The Activities Within Each Department At A Hospital Impact Reimbursement. Choose Three Procedures And Explain Each Step Of A Patient Visit For Each Of These Three Procedures.
- »Significant Contributions to Public Health
- »Illness & Disease Management
- »How often do you engage with or witness death in your work? How has this experience or the lack of it shaped your view of death?
- »Health policy unfolds daily and drives clinical practice in the US. The student will investigate current policies or legislation underway for a specific health-related issue
- »Ethical Dilemma in the nursing field
- »Assessment Health Screening
- »Health Care Reform
- »When tissue is injured, due to overuse or strain, nerve cells send pain messages through the spinal cord to the brain. Other nerves send messages from the brain to tighten the muscles in the injured area. While the muscle tightness acts as a way to protec
- »Physical Environment
- »Assignment: The Nurse Leader as Knowledge Worker
- »Elements of Fiction lecture and apply them to "The Fall of the House of Usher."
- »Summary: The purpose of the weekly reflective journal exercises is to allow for analysis, synthesis and evaluation of nursing theory using guided questions
- »Discussion - NPSG And Collaborative Team Management Of Risk Reduction For Injury
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed