Nursing Leadership Styles And DevelopmentUse the "Professional Development Plan" document to complete the assignment. Refer to "Essential Leadership Competencies" for additional information. APA format is required for essays only. Solid academic writing is always expected. For all assignment delivery options, documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. Professional Development Plan Leadership as a vocation requires a commitment to professional excellence and integrity, which can be achieved through establishing habits of self-reflection, life-long learning, and professional development. The purpose of this assignment is for you to reflect on where you currently are in your leadership capabilities; define where you want to go; and specify goals, plans, and a timeframe for achieving your professional objectives. Your professional development plan will be composed of three parts: Vision, Goals/Objectives, and Plans. Vision: The ability to create, communicate, and compel vision is critical to inspiring and effective leadership. While ultimately many leaders are responsible for developing visions to guide complex organizations, effective leadership begins on a much more personal level—a vision of yourself as a leader. Who are you and who do you want to become in your field or sphere of influence? Once you are clear about that, you can then confidently establish how you will help others and your organization achieve their visions. Your leadership vision is based on a number of factors including your attitude, values, personal beliefs, guiding principles, and how you behave. It may also be influenced by theoretical, philosophical, or religious frameworks and the leadership traits, values, and behaviors of others. A leadership vision is also dynamic. No great leader ever "arrived." Those who have adopted leadership as their vocation can spend a lifetime in self-reflection in order to continue to learn and more effectively motivate and inspire others. Spend some time reflecting below on where you currently are in your leadership capabilities, what you have learned about leadership in the course, and how you want to develop and improve as you continue your leadership studies and move forward in your field. Review the document “Essential Leadership Competencies” for an overview of the scope of effective leadership capabilities. Reflection: Vision: Then, in 300-500 words, briefly articulate your vision for yourself as a leader 3-5 years from now. Where do you want to be? What kind of leader do you want to become? Goals/Objectives: After you have stated your vision, create five to eight leadership goals/objectives you will strive to meet in the next 3-5 years. Try to formulate at least one goal/objective related to the four major leadership competencies included in "Essential Leadership Competencies": self-leadership, leading others, leading an organization, and leadership as a vocation. Include a brief justification for each goal/objective to explain how it will help you achieve the qualities of professional excellence and integrity required of excellent leaders. Plan: Specify activities you will engage in to achieve your goals/objectives. You may find it helpful to research professional development activities in your field or organization to determine what resources are available to you. Be specific about projects you will engage in either as student or as a professional and identify people in your life who can help you achieve your goals. Be sure to include a timeline of events. Finally, include a method for evaluating your professional development plan at regular intervals. What milestones will you include in your plan to help ensure its success? How will you use methods of self-reflection to assess your progress as you move towards your goals?
Nursing Leadership Styles And Development is rated 4.8/5 based on 296 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »Regulatory Compliance
- »Community Teaching Work Plan Proposal
- »Trend Analysis And Forecasting
- »Progress In Nursing In The Early To Mid-20th Century
- »Discussion: Political, Social, and Sociocultural Influences on Women’s Health
- »Describe how alignment between the values of an organization and the values of the nurse impact nurse engagement and patient outcomes
- »Battling Bad Science How do you know something?
- »Give an example of the difference between being assertive and being aggressive. What is the importance of this in communication? In leadership?
- »Identifying and Interpreting Descriptive Statistics
- »EVIDENCE BASED PRACTICE AND APPLIED NURSING RESEARCH
- »Inflammatory Bowel Disease and Urinary Obstruction
- »Family interventions are important as well, as they do have a positive benefit on symptom relapse and admission/readmission to the hospital. Family interventions should include teaching about the disease, medications, and anticipatory guidance
- »Analyze provided subjective and objective information to diagnose and develop a management plan for the case study patient
- »Use Of Resources To Promote Translation Of Evidence Into Practice
- »The selection of a research design is guided by the study’s purpose and research questions and hypotheses, and the design then links the research questions and hypotheses to the data that will be collected.
- »Describe the characteristics of the aging process.
- »summary of results and how this statistical analysis may be applied to distinct types, descriptive and inferential types
- »Triage involves the rapid assessment and prioritization of patients. Compare the three-tiered system of triage to the Mass Casualty Incident (MCI) triage philosophy. Imagine that you are the Triage Nurse during an MCI
- »Culture Awareness
- »Explain the concept of a knowledge worker. Define and explain nursing informatics and highlight the role of a nurse leader as a knowledge worker.
- »DEVELOPING A SHARED VISION
- »Nursing Assessment
- »Assignment : Case Study Assignment: Assessing Neurological.
- »Benchmark - Policy Brief
- »Health Care Delivery
- »Describe the importance of a focus on health promotion.
- »Discussion: Applying Florence Nightingale’s Theory to Your Life.
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed