Leadership Implications “The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things.”Leadership is a critical role for advanced practice nurses. In order to be an effective leader, one must examine his or her role as an advanced practice nurse, and use his or her knowledge, and leadership skills to address issues related to his or her specialty area. There is a saying that one must know when to follow and when to lead. In order to be a good leader, you must also learn how to follow. As you transition from student to practicing NP, seek opportunities for mentorship to develop your leadership skills. Recognizing when to lead and when to follow is an interchangeable process that requires experience and preparation. The future for Americans in health care is unpredictable. This week it is important to focus on the complex and advanced leadership role that is needed to make effective change in a dynamic and demanding health care system. This week you will focus on the importance of leadership in advanced practice nursing. You will have an opportunity to examine how you can execute positive social change in your state for salient advanced practice nursing issues. State Practice Agreements Write 1 page This week you will have an opportunity to evaluate state practice agreements in your state ( of TEXAS ) and examine issues related to NP practice. To prepare: 1. Review and Post a brief description of the REVIEW of practice agreements for NPs in your state of TEXAS. 2. dentify /name at least two physician collaboration issues in your state of Texas. 3. Explain what you think are the barriers to NPs practicing independently in your state mof TEXAS. 4. Finally, outline a plan for how you might address NP practice issues in your state. 5. Suggest additional actions you will take. 6. Validate an idea with your own clinical experiences with the support of an additional literature search from a reputable source. REFERENCES: Required Readings Buppert, C. (2015). The Employed Nurse Practitioner. In Nurse Practitioner’s Business Practice and Legal Guide (5th ed.). (323-336). Burlington, MA: Jones & Bartlett. This chapter covers the rights of employed NPs, contract negotiation, interviewing, responsibilities of an NP employee, employer’s evaluation of the NP’s performance, malpractice insurance, and collaborative practice agreements. Hatt, K. (2015). 5 Interview Pitfalls. Recruiters reveal how to respond to the most complicated questions. Advance Healthcare Network for NPs & PAs. Retrieved from http://nurse-practitioners-and-physician-assistants.advanceweb.com/student-and-new-grad-center/student-top-story/5-interview-pitfalls.aspx Thomas, A. C., Crabtree, M. K., Delaney, K. R., Dumas, M. A., Kleinpell, R., Logsdon, C.,…Nativio, D. G. (2012). Nurse Practitioner Core Competencies. Retrieved from http://c.ymcdn.com/sites/www.nonpf.org/resource/resmgr/competencies/npcorecompetenciesfinal2012.pd Assignment #2 W11 - Discussion: Write 1 page. State Practice Agreements Social Change Agents Assignment #2 W 11 Discussion STATE PRACTICE AGREEMENT Social change Agents "We've been called disruptive innovators," Ford said. "And I think 'disruptive innovators' is great - we just need more of them." — Heidesch, T. (2008) As NPs, we are obligated to promote our profession. A component of promoting the profession is proactively being engaged with our communities and identifying areas where change is needed. An example of this would be identifying a community issue, such as an increase in the rate of obesity in a middle-school population and discovering that soda machines are present in the schools. Identifying a problem and being a positive change agent is an essential component of the NP role. Understanding the lawmaking process and how to initiate a local or state change empowers the NP to impart Social Change. This week you will focus on the importance of leadership in advanced practice nursing. You will have an opportunity to examine how you can execute positive social change in your state for salient advanced practice nursing issues. Consider the following: During NP clinical practicum experiences, we identify, as nurses, many health care issues that need to be addressed at the local, state, or national level. Addressing the need for change in health care policy is now an intricate part of your role as a social change agent. For this Discussion, you will identify a change needed in your community and what your nursing legacy for positive social change will be. To prepare: · 1. Consider the health care issues and deficits you have recognized in your professional practice. · 2. Identify a change needed in your community in health care policy and discuss how you could impart change during your career as an NP.) (A change needed in my community is Obesity ). · 3. Consider your future as a NP and what your nursing legacy will be. How will you impart Social Change? 1. Post a change needed in your community and an explanation for how you will begin to implement that change. 2. Then, share with your colleagues a brief explanation of what your nursing legacy will be:(My nursing legacy will be (Being an advocate for health promotion through disease screenings and illness prevention) 3. How will you impart Social Change. 4. Provide at least one suggestion for a colleague in your class on how they could implement this change and for their nursing legacy. REFERENCES: Required Readings Buppert, C. (2018). Nurse practitioner's business practice and legal guide (6th ed.). Sudbury, MA: Bartlett & Jones Learning. · Chapter 12, “Lawmaking and Health Policy” (pp. 421-433) This chapter covers the legal process, the judicial system and health policy. Additionally, law and rules that affect NPs, how to initiate a change in law and the process involved from beginning until law or rule is finalized. Christensen, C. M., Bohmer, R. M. J., & Kenagy, J. (2000). Will disruptive innovations cure health care? Harvard Business Review, 78(5), 102-112, 199. Note: Retrieved from the Walden Library databases. Heidesch, T. (2008). Disruptive innovation NPs are true Health Care Reformers. Advance Healthcare Network for NPs & PAs, 16(12), 94. Retrieved from http://nurse-practitioners-and-physician-assistants.advanceweb.com/Article/Disruptive-Innovator.aspx National Conference of State Legislatures (n.d.). Glossary of Legislative Terms. Retrieved from http://www.ncsl.org/research/about-state-legislatures/glossary-of-legislative-terms.aspx
Leadership Implications “The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things.” is rated 4.8/5 based on 215 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »Locate an article discussing the use of informatics in healthcare education of the general public or of nursing students. Discuss the benefits and drawbacks to using technology in this situation and recommendations from the author. Do you feel this use of
- »Role Of Baccalaureate Prepared Nurse
- »NUTRITION FINAL RESEARCH PAPER HCG Diet and Cystic Fibrosis
- »Diabetes Mellitus/ Diabetes Insipidus & GENDER
- »Identify A Current Healthcare Policy In Your Current Role That You Would Like To See Revised. Why? What Would Be The Projected Outcomes?
- »Nursing Healthcare
- »Discuss Watson's view of the body and soul.
- »Discussion 1: Leadership Theories In Practice
- »Course Project Overview Developing an Instructional Unit
- »PROFESSIONAL REFLECTION
- »Health Care
- »Objective Data Physical Examination
- »Culture In Nursing
- »Obesity in adults is defined by a body mass index of 30 or above. Body mass index (BMI) is determined using a person's weight and height to calculate an estimate of the amount of fat in that person's body
- »Name and describe the healthcare needs of a minority group in your community/city.
- »data analysis and quality improvement initiative proposal based on a health issue
- »Ineffective Time Management
- »NURSING POWERPOINT
- »Essay - Ideal Citizen In A Totalitarian Government
- »Discuss the differences between verbal and non-verbal communication.
- »Health Promotion In Minority Populations
- »Discuss Conceptual-Theory-Empirical
- »Electronic Data In Healthcare
- »This assignment will allow you to create an evidence-based practice project that includes the development of a PICO question and follows the initial steps of the Iowa Model.
- »Asthma And Stepwise Management
- »Assessing The Genitalia And Rectum
- »User Training And System Maintenance
- »Case study Subject -Contemporary Indigenous health and well-being
- »Explain current practices for providing health care services related to community crises
- »RFI And RFP For Information System Selection
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed