Knee Injury Case StudiesKnee Injury Case Studies A 15-year-old gymnast has noted knee pain that has become progressively worse during the past several months of intensive training for a statewide meet. Her physical examination indicated swelling in and around the left knee. She had some decreased range of motion and a clicking sound on flexion of the knee. The knee was otherwise stable. Studies Results Routine laboratory values Within normal limits (WNL) Long bone (femur, fibula, and tibia) X-ray No fracture Arthrocentesis with synovial fluid analysis Appearance Bloody (normal: clear and straw-colored) Mucin clot Good (normal: good) Fibrin clot Small (normal: none) White blood cells (WBCs) <200 WBC/mm3 (normal: <200 WBC/mm3) Neutrophils <25% (WNL) Glucose 100 mg/dL (normal: within 10 mg/dL of serum glucose level) Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) of the knee Blood in the joint space. Tear in the posterior aspect of the medial meniscus. No cruciate or other ligament tears Arthroscopy Tear in posterior aspect of medial meniscus Diagnostic Analysis The radiographic studies of the long bones eliminated any possibility of fracture. Arthrocentesis indicated a bloody effusion, which was probably a result of trauma. The fibrin clot was further evidence of bleeding within the joint. Arthrography indicated a tear of the medial meniscus of the knee, a common injury for gymnasts. Arthroscopy corroborated that finding. Transarthroscopic medial meniscectomy was performed. Her postoperative course was uneventful. Critical Thinking Questions
- One of the potential complications of arthroscopy is infection. What signs and symptoms of joint infection would you emphasize in your patient teaching?
- Why is glucose evaluated in the synovial fluid analysis?
- What are special tests used to differentiate type of Tendon tears in the knee ? Explain how they are performed (Always on boards)
Knee Injury Case Studies is rated 4.8/5 based on 260 customer reviews.
Are you in need of homework help?
Place your order and get 100% original work.
- »Discussion: Developing a Balanced Scorecard
- »Script writing between patients and nurse
- »Discuss the importance of effective communication in the personal relationship, the therapeutic relationship, and the relationship within the interprofessional health-care team.
- »Quality Measures To Improve Patient Safety
- »health assessment
- »Global Events
- »Regardless of political affiliation, individuals often grow concerned when considering perceived competing interests of government and their impact on topics of interest to them
- »Discussion: Pain
- »The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (ACA), passed in 2010, is a collection of laws that were created to reform health insurance and healthcare.
- »Break-even Analysis Assignment
- »Evidence-Based Practice Project—Paper on Diabetes
- »What features of sexually transmitted diseases review?
- »This Is Capstone Project On Adult Obesity
- »The American Cancer Society (ACS) is a nationwide, community-based, voluntary health organization dedicated to eliminating cancer as a major health problem. Together with its supporters, ACS is committed to helping people stay well and get well by finding
- »Concept Process Assignment
- »Discussion: Comparing Frameworks for Analyzing Organizations
- »Nursing Project
- »Draft Physician Assisted Suicide
- »Creating Visual Data
- »Identify a specific instance from your own professional experience in which the values of the organization and the values of the individual nurses did or did not align. Describe the impact this had on nurse engagement and patient outcomes
- »PERSUASIVE WRITING
- »As an advanced registered nurse, what will your role be in advocating for equitable population health services and policies?
- »This study identifies the healthcare education needs of incarcerated women in a state corrections facility
- »Value-Based Reimbursement: The Banner Health Network Experience
- »Theory of Integral Nursing & Practice
- »Literature Review: State Of Current Industry Knowledge (Health Informatics)
- »Assignment: Asthma Complications of asthma can be sudden
- »IOM Future Of Nursing Report And Nursing
- »Clinical Practice
- »Recommending An Evidence-Based Practice Change
Why Choose Us
- Confidentiality and Privacy
- 100% Original Work
- 24/7 Customer Support
- Unlimited Free Revisions
- Experienced Writers
- Real-time Communication
- Affordable Prices
- Deadline Guaranteed